fx 4170 won't run GTA 5

Okay, my first hate post but i'm pissed the fuck off with this stupid CPU. It refuses to load up GTA 5 and it's pissing me off. Fucking AMD peasants I am so tired of trying to make this thing work. It's meant to be a 4.2GHz quad core and my mum's 3.2GHZ i3 even runs the pissing thing. WHY IS THIS NOT WORKING?

Sorry fo the swearing and the ranting but I've been working with this for around 3 days and I just want to throw the machine out the window. It's in a decent Gigabyte motherboard, 4GB RAM and a 7950 3GB.

Main Rig: Intel i7 3930k @4.0GHz---8GB Ballistix @1600MHz---Asus P9X79 Pro---Samsung 840 Pro 128GB---3TB HDD Config---2x GTX 780Ti 3GB---Windows 7 Ultimate

Laptop: Late 2012 13" Retina MacBook Pro---2.5GHz Dual i5---8GB DDR3 @1600MHz---128GB PCI-E SSD---Intel HD4000 1GB---OSX 10.10 Yosemite

Phone: Nexus 4

It's under the minimum requirements though isn't it? (Saying that my CPU is)

It's under the minimum requirements though isn't it? (Saying that my CPU is)

I don't even know. Surely it's got to run it if a dual core 3GHz i3 can? I don't know. Thanks for the reply anyway c:

Main Rig: Intel i7 3930k @4.0GHz---8GB Ballistix @1600MHz---Asus P9X79 Pro---Samsung 840 Pro 128GB---3TB HDD Config---2x GTX 780Ti 3GB---Windows 7 Ultimate

Laptop: Late 2012 13" Retina MacBook Pro---2.5GHz Dual i5---8GB DDR3 @1600MHz---128GB PCI-E SSD---Intel HD4000 1GB---OSX 10.10 Yosemite

Surely it's got to run it if a dual core 3GHz i3 can?

my friend's core2quad can run the game 

That is irrelevant.

lamborghini-egoista-000.jpg

website-activiteit-amersfoort-4(p:activi

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

i3 > FX series (all)

Amd FX-9590?

If you found my post helpful make sure to press the "Like This" Button  ;)

Piece of shit. Point taken, but an i5 > 9590.

According to CPUbenchmark.net the AMD FX-8350 outperforms the flagship Intel i5-4670k. WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!

legend-satan-laughing-o.gif

According to CPUbenchmark.net the AMD FX-8350 outperforms the flagship Intel i5-4670k. WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!

Passmark is shit and doesn't represent real world performance in which IPC heavy architctures dominate.

Passmark is shit and doesn't represent real world performance in which IPC heavy architctures dominate.

I know I know just tickling your balls friend. Also I use powerline, it's okay, and I'm Master Guardian I.

In synthetic benchmarks that is, in real world games usually not so much :P

I know I know just tickling your balls friend. Also I use powerline, it's okay, and I'm Master Guardian I.

Powerline dominates all (well, apart from hard wiring), and I'm hoping for MG by July.

Wow so much off topic here.

@OP: How does the game react? Does it striaght up say that you don't meet the minimum hardware requirements? Does it point out that the CPU ist the problem?

who cares...

Something is wrong with your game. You didn't pirate it did you? Others with the same CPU have been playing it fine.

Since it's not starting what error message do you see?

I installed it directly from Steam on an extrenal HDD. That's how I know the installation isn't broken. It works on every machine including a 6300 fx we have downstairs. It gets to the Rockstar login and straight up dissapears.

Try reinstalling social club to your main hdd.

Tried this. Thanks anyway. Might just end up buying an 8320 or 8350.

I dont think thats the solution since there is people playing on the fx 4170. The problem doesnt seems to have anything to do with the power of the FX series or if its bad or good, seems more software related

It would be money wasted. Do you have the latest patches installed for the game?

Okay, my first hate post but i'm pissed the fuck off with this stupid CPU. It refuses to load up GTA 5 and it's pissing me off. Fucking AMD peasants I am so tired of trying to make this thing work. It's meant to be a 4.2GHz quad core and my mum's 3.2GHZ i3 even runs the pissing thing. WHY IS THIS NOT WORKING?

Sorry fo the swearing and the ranting but I've been working with this for around 3 days and I just want to throw the machine out the window. It's in a decent Gigabyte motherboard, 4GB RAM and a 7950 3GB.

You cant blame AMD, the 4170 was never for gaming, but low cost pcs. If you want to play modern games, get a real pc with a real gaming cpu and a real gaming gpu. Go intel for cpus and nvidia for gpus. AMD is going, and will soon be gone. Intel and Nvidia will never go.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

i3 > FX series (all)

How? Yes a 5th gen I3 may be better, like an 8350 is better than the intel pentium 662. the fx series is old, around 2012. The i3 you claim to be better is from 2014.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

You cant blame AMD, the 4170 was never for gaming, but low cost pcs. If you want to play modern games, get a real pc with a real gaming cpu and a real gaming gpu. Go intel for cpus and nvidia for gpus. AMD is going, and will soon be gone. Intel and Nvidia will never go.

His CPU has nothing to do with the fact that his game isn't launching. It's software related. This has been repeated multiple times in the thread. Stop telling him to upgrade his hardware instead of trying to help him fix the problem of his game not launching.