Help me make two PCs with old parts

Hello people,

How are you ?

So my current situation for PC is little bit complicated.

My old specs :

- core i7 920 c0/c1

- msi twin frozr 2 gtx 580

- msi eclipse sli

- Corsair TX750V2

- CM690 window

- 1tb WD green Cavier

- Corsair XMS 3 6GB 1333mhz triple channel

My previous PC got burned. Most parts actually. I dont know what happened but there was a loud noise "bhup" from PC chasis and then there was burning smell. 
These were the parts that were damaged : 
CPU
GPU
Motherboard
PSU ( This was in warranty and has been replaced with a RM750)

I was scared of booting the system again, so I got GPU and PSU checked at their service centers. PSU was dead , so it was replaced. GPU had burnt mosfets beyond repair , so that is dead too. I have filled corsair damage claim and they have asked for CPU, GPU and MOBO to be shipped to them( shipping is prepaid by corsair)

SO now I am without a PC but I really need one badly due to college work.

So my friend offered me his two Identical PCs and he was not using them. Specs of the PC are as follows :
2x Core i7 950
2x ASUS Sabertooth X58
2x 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600mhz triple channel.
2x HD6950 2GB Saphire (Flashable to 6970)
2x Epsilon 600w PSU
1x CM 690
1x HAF 922

Now, He said I can use any part I want to get my PC running, he also needs a running PC back(by running I mean which works).

Parts I have :
- 1TB WD HDD
- CM690 (with Window)
-5x Sickle FLow Fans
- Xfi Sound card ( it came with msi eclipse sli)
- Corsair AX860i ( has a weak 12v rail, 11.946v)
- Antec 500w
- 6gb Corsair XMS3 1333mhz triple CHannel memory

Parts I am going to purchase :
-MSI GTX970 4G Gaming 
-Cooler Master Seidon 120v Plus/ Nepton 240m
The GPU is not in stock, will come on monday, so will buy both the parts on monday and will use them along with the New Sealed Pack Corsair RM750 PSU

Okay, So currently I am trying to run the PC with these specs :
-Core i7 950
-asus sabertooth x58
-Corsair 12GB Dominator/ 6GB XMS3 (/ means I have tried all these parts in the build)
-HAF 922
-HD6950 flashed to 6970
-5x sickle flow fans 120mm and one 200mm HAF case Fan
-my 1 tb HDD ( With the windows I was using when my previous PC got burnt )
- PSU AX860i/ antec 500w

other PC I have built with remaining parts and 1 epsilon PSU (other one does not boot PC)

The Problem I am facing is :
- Sometimes the PC randomly shutdows . sometimes in IDLE or sometimes in full Load. so cant find a pattern
- sometimes all fans run , but motherboard shows RAM and CPU post lights, which means problem with RAM and CPU
- sometimes it randomly restarts
- sometimes I get blue screen but I think that is because I have not done a complete reinstallation of windows with new hardware.

TO solve these problems , I have tried : 
- changing RAM modules
- changing psu from ax860i to antec 500w(this one 3.3v raiting is around 3.284v)
but I still face the same problems.

SO guys please help me get the PCs running.

Also are my new hardware purchases valid ? I play games alot and my monitor resolution is 1680x1050p, thats why I thought GTX 970 would be future proof for atleast 5 years. I am buying AIO water cooling for CPU so that it does not become a bottleneck for gtx970 and I can overclock it to 4ghz+, hence further increasing the life of PC.

If anything I have missed out please ask. Please ignore spelling mistakes.
If you want to see burnt hardware pics, do tell, I will post here.

I have tried to provide as much information I can, hope it helps.

Thanks Guys smile-v1.gif

PS : I created orignal thread on techpowerup, wanted to gain as much help I can . Thats why this thread on LinusTechTips

Your Pc won´t be future proof with a i7 950. And even with the 970, it will be hard to play AAA titles in 5 years. Just look at the recommendations from the games of 2010 and now.

CPU and Ram are pretty undesrtoyable, but i would recommend, trying an CPU/Ram from a friend, just to make sure thet this is not the Problem. Are your temps normal? Is the CPU/Ram usage in IDLE normal? 

Also the Mobo could be damaged too. I already had the Problem, that an ok looking used PC, with an good and reliable motherboard, just crashed from time to time. So a damaged mainboard also could be the problem. In my case, it was a screw, that was laying inside the old case, which killed the mainboard.

Let the BIOS settings on default (because you have an i7 950 i hope you didn´t tryed to OC it).

Try your Parts on a working mainboard, and then you will see if this is the problem or not.

I hope i could halp you! Good luck! (If you succeded pls write it down, so that others can see how to deal with problems like this.)

Thanks for the reply.

Yes whenever the system booted the temps were good at idle. Didn't OC, just wanted a working pc. But it keeps on crashing.

Same with the other setup, crashes or doesn't even boot. I don't know what the problem is, tried everything.

Do you do a fresh install of windows ? It might of been the HDD might've been damaged to.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Yeah, now it's not even booting up :-(