How to make GTA V PC run even better :D

NeatSquidYT

My GTA V is running fine with well over 90FPS, but I will give this a try. :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

In what way?

What, perhaps, in the picture a person needs to change. I suppose that's what he means.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Is there an equivalent setting to this in the AMD Catalyst Control Center?

Computer Science student proficient in OSX, Linux and Windows

(Dell Inspiron 7570): i5-8550u | Geforce 940MX | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | 15.6" 1920x1080 ScreenWindows 10 |

In catalyst there are different options :(

Is there an equivalent setting to this in the AMD Catalyst Control Center?

not sure

Why enable vsync at all for this game? In my (limited) experience, vsync caused stuttering when enabled by nvidia control panel or by the game. Plus, screen tearing is not at all bad with gta 5. I usually use vsync with every game I play, but this is one where I can't see the benefit.

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

Why enable vsync at all for this game? In my (limited) experience, vsync caused stuttering when enabled by nvidia control panel or by the game. Plus, screen tearing is not at all bad with gta 5. I usually use vsync with every game I play, but this is one where I can't see the benefit.

I didn't make the guide, I hate VSync too

I didn't make the guide, I hate VSync too

It might just be my setup. I like vsync in most games. I would suggest to everyone to try GTA with and without vsync though if they are encountering stuttering issues. Assuming of course that they have updated their drivers :P

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Calling this a guide is a bit of a stretch don't you think?

no, not really

It might just be my setup. I like vsync in most games. I would suggest to everyone to try GTA with and without vsync though if they are encountering stuttering issues. Assuming of course that they have updated their drivers :P

According to some reddit users, the driver before the GTA one is actually better, but I don't believe that

According to some reddit users, the driver before the GTA one is actually better, but I don't believe that

For me, it is. But the new driver messed up my NVSurround setup. Most people don't use portrait surround so I guess that's my fault... But I used both and I prefer the older driver because I need my NVSurround to play games or I would have to play in portrait. My neck hurts just thinking about it... Haha

It is only problematic if you can't keep the framerate above your monitors refresh rate or you are having the gtav 59Hz bug.

Otherwise the experience with vsync is far superior

It is only problematic if you can't keep the framerate above your monitors refresh rate or you are having the gtav 59Hz bug.

I'm having the 59Hz thing :(

Really? I can definetly keep my frame rate above 60 fps... And I use vsync in almost every game so I am more likely to be biased FOR it...

Anyways, GTA v works better on your PC with vsync on. Not so on my PC. Then again, I have an unpopular setup so that could be why

I'm having the 59Hz thing :(

Than use the nvidia vsync or ad a custom resolution @59Hz

If you look at my signature there is a link on how to increase your fps by at least 10 fps without making the game look different.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Extended distance scaling increases the quality a lot for me but sadly I don't have enough power for it.

Extended distance scaling increases the quality a lot for me but sadly I don't have enough power for it.

Okay. :(

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

ill give it a try, altough i never dip below 50 FPS (50 out of the city, 65-80 inside)

Let's agree to disagree

Just wish I could get the damn thing to stop crashing.

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

Just wish I could get the damn thing to stop crashing.

Could just be your OC.  Mine has not crashed once in 40 hours.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.