R9 295x2, Worth it?

So, recently I have been pondering if I should get a R9 295x2. I have Two GTX reference PNY 970's and if I sell these I can buy this $660 R9 295x2

( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150710&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=5257136&SID=ShopAMD )

I have a rm850 Corsair psu and I could easily support it. It's a really good card and the 8gbs is good future proofing. Also I know I don't really need it but it's such a monster card and incredibly awesome. I also plan on purchasing a 4k monitor soon, so what do you guys think, is it worth it? :)

PC is alive again! :System: CPU:Intel i5 4960k/ Motherboard:ASUS Gryphon Z97/ RAM: Kingston 16GB/ GPU: ASUS R9 Fury X/ Storage: 120gb Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate SSHD/ PSU: Cooler Master 700w/ Displays: 1 Acer B276HK ymjdprz 27-inch 4K Ultra HD/1 ASUS 21.5 LCD LED 21.5 monitor

yes but the newcomer on the block should be here in a month

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

So, recently I have been pondering if I should get a R9 295x2. I have Two GTX reference PNY 970's and if I sell these I can buy this $660 R9 295x2

( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150710&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=5257136&SID=ShopAMD )

I have a rm850 Corsair psu and I could easily support it. It's a really good card and the 8gbs is good future proofing. Also I know I don't really need it but it's such a monster card and incredibly awesome. I also plan on purchasing a 4k monitor soon, so what do you guys think, is it worth it? :)

its actually only 4 gbs of vram not 8 they say 8 when its just two cards with 4gb of vram id grab a 980 at that price honestly. well i might be wrong about the vram actually.....someone told me it was 4 gbs not 8 but whatever even still id still grab a 980 and if you already have 2 970's just stick with those dude or go to a 980 or at least save up for a titan x?

askdjfasdf

yes but the newcomer on the block should be here in a month

oh ok awesome I was unaware of this!

PC is alive again! :System: CPU:Intel i5 4960k/ Motherboard:ASUS Gryphon Z97/ RAM: Kingston 16GB/ GPU: ASUS R9 Fury X/ Storage: 120gb Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate SSHD/ PSU: Cooler Master 700w/ Displays: 1 Acer B276HK ymjdprz 27-inch 4K Ultra HD/1 ASUS 21.5 LCD LED 21.5 monitor

Buy it! SAVE AMD 2015!

But your 2 970s are probably not much worse

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

wait for the new GPUs coming soon

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

its actually only 4 gbs of vram not 8 they say 8 when its just two cards with 4gb of vram id grab a 980 at that price honestly. well i might be wrong about the vram actually.....someone told me it was 4 gbs not 8 but whatever even still id still grab a 980 and if you already have 2 970's just stick with those dude or go to a 980 or at least save up for a titan x?

I didn't think I about the vram actually yea that is something important to take into consideration thanks for bring that to my attention  :)

I'd keep the 970s.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I didn't think I about the vram actually yea that is something important to take into consideration thanks for bring that to my attention  :)

hey i may be wrong i cant remember if im right on that or not i might have misread something someone said but the 295x2 is a dual card its not a single gpu do remember that i always personally go for a single more powerful card than two lesser cards in sli/crossfire. thats just me though.

askdjfasdf

BTW the total vram usuable is still 4gb... The 8gb is a marketing plot. It is 4gb per chip on the PCB so crossfire rules apply

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Buy it! SAVE AMD 2015!

But your 2 970s are probably not much worse

He needs to save AMD!

AMD! AMD!

What are we chanting about again?

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

I personally ordered a 295x2. Basically, in games that support CF, I can't see 390X being faster (if it is, that's really impressive). If the game doesn't then well, you're screwed because you're stuck with a 290X. You already have 2 970's, I'd keep those and see how the 390X fares, no point in a relatively minor upgrade unless you're playing at 4K.

No point if you already have 2 970s. And don't be fooled with the 8gb ram, it's 2 cards with 4gb in it.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

No, I think it's a stupid card.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/350953-gtx980-vs-r9295x2/#entry4773208

No idea why noone is harping on AMD as much as they were harping on Nvidia for not disclosing the 3.5GB thing.

How about running the risk of burning your power supply (eventhough it's within the specified wattage) or having VRM's which edge on the meltingpoint of the plastic it's made from.

I don't even want to know the longevity of this card.