Dual radiator on a lightning 290x?

Hello!

Just wanted to know, for dual 240mm just for a full GPU water block how much can I expect on my GPU?

Right now on the lightning, it is 82C with 1150 on core. Will liquid cooling (240mm rad) reduce temps?

If so, by how much?

NOTE: This will be a fully isolated loop just for the FULL GPU water block...

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

120mm is enough for a 295x2 so im guessing 240mm is enough for a lot less

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Hello!

Just wanted to know, for dual 240mm just for a full GPU water block how much can I expect on my GPU?

Right now on the lightning, it is 82C with 1150 on core. Will liquid cooling (240mm rad) reduce temps?

If so, by how much?

Dude, thats REALLY hot for a lightning, I'd replace tim. the one I messed with barely hit 73c @ 1280/1650

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Dude, thats REALLY hot for a lightning, I'd replace tim. the one I messed with barely hit 73c @ 1280/1650

Well you see, its REALLY hot here...

Normal temps i had were like 70 @ 1250. But the god damn ambient went up...

So do you think that 240mm will be enough consiering all the vrms and stuff?

Well you see, its REALLY hot here...

Normal temps i had were like 70 @ 1250. But the god damn ambient went up...

So do you think that 240mm will be enough consiering all the vrms and stuff?

I live in AZ doe and the temps are shit here too , 240mm is plenty btw.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

240mm is enough, I would guess high 50's low 60's with 20C room temp

Hello!

If so, by how much?

Just do the G10 mod.

Your MSI R9 290X Lightning already has a really nice built in mid plate, that you can keep, and add to if you really want, but isn't necessary.

cooler5.jpg

An H55/H75/H90/X41 + 2nd Fan + High end TIM should drop you into the 50s or mid 60s even with very robust overclock.  VRM temps will probably be in the 50-80C range depending on the game.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Just do the G10 mod.

Your MSI R9 290X Lightning already has a really nice built in mid plate, that you can keep, and add to if you really want, but isn't necessary.

cooler5.jpg

An H55/H75/H90/X41 + 2nd Fan + High end TIM should drop you into the 50s or mid 60s even with very robust overclock.  VRM temps will probably be in the 50-80C range depending on the game.

Well um... You see, I suck at modding...

Also can you give me the link to that guide?

Well um... You see, I suck at modding...

Also can you give me the link to that guide?

There isn't much to mod.  You don't have to add any extras.  All you do is attach the G10 Bracket to an AIO to your card and you're done.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/233847-how-to-watercool-a-cpu-single-gpu-for-under-200-in-the-us/

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

There isn't much to mod.  You don't have to add any extras.  All you do is attach the G10 Bracket to an AIO to your card and you're done.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/233847-how-to-watercool-a-cpu-single-gpu-for-under-200-in-the-us/

But isint the Lightning 290x PCB FULLY custom?

doesn't matter all that matters is the mounting holes for the cooler which Is almost always the same
Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

And it looks like it'd normal

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

It might be, but it doesn't matter as long as those 4 holes around the GPU die are there, which they are.