Achieving 1080p 60FPS in GTAV PC (How-to)

ffxiimaniac

It's just this. I would like to achive that. I can't seem to get it to work regardless what I do.. Lowering the resolution DOES NOT HELP. So it's not that. I'm getting a solid 33fps, but I'd like more. Here's my current setup.

R9 270x GPU (AMD-RADEON) *Not overclocked*

AMD-A8-6600K CPU. (3.9GHz *4 Cores*) *Not overclockable due to terrible cooler

running on an HDD (7200rpm)

Thanks! If I put this in the wrong forum, I do apologize. Though I do believe it involves graphics.

PS: If my card isn't powerful enough, just let me know.

"Gaming is the greatest gift of modern artists"

lower grass, and post fx

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Upgrade.

That CPU cannot handle GTA

But you could try putting distance scaling, population density, diversity to minimum

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Buy a better CPU.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Upgrade.

That CPU cannot handle GTA

But you could try putting distance scaling, population density, diversity to minimum

The CPU is bottlenecking? I did notice it was sitting at 89% load. This is a horrible shame as my motherboard is maxed out :/ So it seems I need half a whole new pc then?

You can't.

This ^

The CPU is bottlenecking? I did notice it was sitting at 89% load. This is a horrible shame as my motherboard is maxed out :/ So it seems I need half a whole new pc then?

What is the GPU usage and CPU usage when its under full load on gta 5?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

This ^

What is the GPU usage and CPU usage when its under full load on gta 5?

Well now that I'm checking it, it fluctuates from 73% to 106% CPU usage :/ How do I check GPU usage? The game itself says I'm only using about 1400MBs of the 2000MBs available GPU memory.

Well now that I'm checking it, it fluctuates from 73% to 106% CPU usage :/ How do I check GPU usage? The game itself says I'm only using about 1400MBs of the 2000MBs available GPU memory.

MSI Afterburner, GPUZ, there are a bunch of different utilities that can show you.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

MSI Afterburner, GPUZ, there are a bunch of different utilities that can show you.

Driving through the city at full daylight, it averages 55% gpu load. Sometimes going up to 70% but never over. (expect for a few seconds)

Driving through the city at full daylight, it averages 55% gpu load. Sometimes going up to 70% but never over. (expect for a few seconds)

Then yeah, I'd definitely say that's a CPU bottleneck right there.

Then yeah, I'd definitely say that's a CPU bottleneck right there.

It more than meets the requirements recommended though doesn't it? 4 cores at 3.9ghz isn't bad. I know this CPU is only worth 90$ when I bought it lol. It's just frustrating since I get a solid 60fps in all my other games. (FC3 for example)

It more than meets the requirements recommended though doesn't it? 4 cores at 3.9ghz isn't bad. I know this CPU is only worth 90$ when I bought it lol. It's just frustrating since I get a solid 60fps in all my other games. (FC3 for example)

Not all games are very taxing on the CPU, which would lead to less of a performance hit to those games, whereas those that rely more on the CPU for processing stuff will see more of a performance hit.

An AMD quad core such as yours running at ~4GHz could easily be destroyed by an intel quad core such as the i5 4690K running at ~3.5GHz or lower, that is due to the processor's architecture, along with some other factors too.

Not all games are very taxing on the CPU, which would lead to less of a performance hit to those games, whereas those that rely more on the CPU for processing stuff will see more of a performance hit.

An AMD quad core such as yours running at ~4GHz could easily be destroyed by an intel quad core such as the i5 4690K running at ~3.5GHz or lower, that is due to the processor's architecture, along with some other factors too.

What is my Intel equivalent do you think? I was thinking when I bought it it'd be a I3 processor or so. (in terms of power)

Make sure it's actually using your GPU.  Your framerates are consistent with the APU performance.

Comparison:

It's not strictly an AMD thing.  60 FPS is completely doable on AMD. 

Case and point:

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

What is my Intel equivalent do you think? I was thinking when I bought it it'd be a I3 processor or so. (in terms of power)

The i3 3220 is pretty similar in terms of performance. (my i5 4690K stomps the shit outta that i3, being around 2x as powerful in pretty much everything.)

Make sure it's actually using your GPU.  Your framerates are consistent with the APU performance.

Comparison:

It's not strictly an AMD thing.  60 FPS is completely doable on AMD. 

Case and point:

I disabled onboard video in the BIOS. So no, that's not it.