Star Wars: Battlefront 3 will run at 60 fps on console

kcihtred2

Incoming console vs pc comments.

I think games should push for 60 fps on console. Even if it sacrifces some graphical fidelity. When im running around gunning in COD I dont notice the textures and such as much as I do when I play a RPG on a computer 

ummm...how?! This game is gonna be ugly on consoles then I guess...

I know im saying this with a 6950 in my PC which isnt much better than a console but still xF

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

A stable 30 fps is ok for some types of games.

But battlefront being a shooter and all could really use 60fps so this is good to hear.

I'll believe it when I see it in action.

It's not hard to believe. It's a choice that devs have to make whether to put in a bit more graphical fidelity or go for 60fps. That choice would always be there even if the consoles were more powerful. We have that choice even on PC with graphics settings...

The trailer may have been at 1080p, but that doesn't mean the game on consoles will be running that resolution. It was game engine video, that also doesn't mean console hard ware is even capable of running it.

I'd rather run the game at lower graphic settings and possibly even frame rate to achieve a native resolution.

I haven't had anyone answer this yet, but would running a game at less than 1080p on a 1080p native screen look noticeably worse than using the native resolution? So how do consoles get away with it in some games? I am just basing this on my experience in the past and lately after a monitor upgrade. 900p on a 1080p screen looks noticeably worse to me.

I'm guessing it will be 1080p if they aren't targeting 64 players. It could either be a design choice or to please console gamers. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Oh, please MS and Sony come out with PS5 and Xbox 2 with Titan X-like graphics soon. Both PC and console gamers will be happy.

(daydreaming) 

Sure it will. In the pre-rendered cuts cents and sing player. And multi-player, with some serious optimisation.

- snip-

It's sad but i'm pretty sure it will end up being 30 fps in the end (just like every other game who annonced running at 60fps)

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

60 fps is great, but I hope it still looks good at that frame rate. This generation of consoles aren't that powerful.

It would be great if they did, but the way I see it the only way they can achieve it for consoles is to seriously water down the graphics and stuff.

If they manage it at decent resolutions or graphics settings, cool.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Doesn't surprise me. Both BF4 and Hardline run at 60fps on consoles, although at a resolution lower than 1080p. Dice is just continuing to prioritize 60fps over 1080p which makes sense because 60fps is more important in a first person shooter.

The trailer may have been at 1080p, but that doesn't mean the game on consoles will be running that resolution. It was game engine video, that also doesn't mean console hard ware is even capable of running it.

I'd rather run the game at lower graphic settings and possibly even frame rate to achieve a native resolution.

I haven't had anyone answer this yet, but would running a game at less than 1080p on a 1080p native screen look noticeably worse than using the native resolution? So how do consoles get away with it in some games? I am just basing this on my experience in the past and lately after a monitor upgrade. 900p on a 1080p screen looks noticeably worse to me.

Consoles use a dedicated scaler , that does a better job of "stretching" the image , also applying some post effects that don't cost anything and make the image look abit better even in non native res , like sharpening and contrast . 

Both Battlefields runs at 60 fps , so I guess the game will look about the same on the consoles . 

The scanning tech they use is very interesting , Vanishing of Ethan Carter used that , and it ran very well (granted it wass UE3) , but it also looked nice .

I still doubt it will look that good on either console or PC , at least in the jungle , that much vegetation is going to destroy any machine . Unless the tech they used allows for super low poly models , with such high fidelity .

Still I'm very excited for that game ! 

PS5, lol....  When the Ps4 was launched it was already out of date....unlike the PS3 which was ahead of PCs when it came out. There is no way for Consoles at this point to ever get ahead of PCs.  But.... the games are usually designed for consoles so the PC guys suffer...even with better hardware...sucks.

60fps for loading screen?

like always

Here's the proof

Showing cinematic trailer...

Question later: wait.. is this movie or you making games?

DEV Answers: in-games 24 fps for cinematic experience.

facepalm.

PS5, lol....  When the Ps4 was launched it was already out of date....unlike the PS3 which was ahead of PCs when it came out. There is no way for Consoles at this point to ever get ahead of PCs.  But.... the games are usually designed for consoles so the PC guys suffer...even with better hardware...sucks.

The PS3 was sold at a pretty good loss ($200+) and was $500 when first brought to market. When the the PS4 was launched people didn't want to pay $500+ for another Playstation, and Sony didn't want to always be losing money on every console due to changing market conditions, so compromises. The PS4 was not out of date at launch, it was never meant to compete against a $2000 computer, but a $400 one which it did at the time. The problem is, the tech is more than 2 years old and the price of similarly performing hardware has dropped.

You would think that porting would be easier between consoles and PCs as their hardware is more similar than ever.

60fps for loading screen?

like always

Here's the proof

Showing cinematic trailer...

Question later: wait.. is this movie or you making games?

DEV Answers: in-games 24 fps for cinematic experience.

facepalm.

bf4 was 60 fps, I know it's hard to believe coming from the days of 30 fps and dips battlefield on console, but since bf4 was 60 fps this is top be expected. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

DICE know what they're doing, they're not stupid, 60FPS is priority for them nowadays. All recent DICE games have ran at 60FPS on "next gen", achieving 60FPS on the previous gen consoles was just unrealistic, would have to run at crazy stupid low resolutions or drop the graphically fidelity significantly to make it achieve that.  

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

bf4 was 60 fps, I know it's hard to believe coming from the days of 30 fps and dips battlefield on console, but since bf4 was 60 fps this is top be expected. 

@900p ps4, and 720p Xbone

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

@1080 with constant 60fps?

it's that hard to believe though, if they sacrifices texture/quality I think it's achieveable

but again... that video is a trailer, CGI movie, it represent nothing.

Incoming console vs pc comments.

I think games should push for 60 fps on console. Even if it sacrifces some graphical fidelity. When im running around gunning in COD I dont notice the textures and such as much as I do when I play a RPG on a computer

Agreed, and they should also sacrifice filters rather than resolution.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|