Extremely low performance on 295x2 quadfire pc

ALELOCOOO

Hi guys.

Build:
-
CPU: i5 4690k on 4.3GHz
Memory: Gskill 1066 2x4gb (motherboard overclocked it to 1333mhz but i underclocked it just in case)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-Soc Force
PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

Problem:
Im getting insanely low fps on default settings on games like GTA V and Far Cry on 1920x1080p.
Even with a single 295x2, i can't pass 50 fps in default settings.
Already tried disabling on regedit that option that turns GPUs that are not being used, still the same.

Been doing some research (all day actually) but nothing helped me so far.
Fresh installed windows 7 yesterday, the only driver i installed is the lastest one, the one that comes with GTA V improvements.
GTA V detects 16gb of VRAM, but according to the graphic quality that i get, it seems like im using some shitty 128mb video card.

This is deppressing, considering a guy with a 295x2 is able to run it at 100 fps avg.

Any input is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

are you connecting to the video cards or the motherboard? if so, then run from the graphics cards

are your gpus completely powered, its always good to check.

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

install msi afterburner, 

I had my 7970 lock at 400mhz, 

make sure crossfire is enabled, and make sure your drivers are updated/not corrupted. probably should just reinstall them 

omg did you make a build log or something, would love to see a corssfire 295x2 PC. 

MY COMPUTER-

Motherboard: ASRock B85-M Pro 4, Graphics card: MSI Radeon R9 280 Gaming 3GB, CPU: Intel i5 4590 Stock Cooler, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance, Case: My Beloved Phanteks Enthoo Pro :wub: PSU: Cougar PowerX 700W Storage: 1x Segate 1TB 1x WD Blue 250GB 1x WD Blue 350GB, Wireless Adapter: TP Link WN881ND, Monitor: BenQ VZ2350.                      To Learn how to troll, Click here

are you connecting to the video cards or the motherboard? if so, then run from the graphics cards

are your gpus completely powered, its always good to check.

I disabled the intel graphics on the Bios. Im connected to the video card on top, using the minidisplay to hdmi adapter that came with it.

omg did you make a build log or something, would love to see a corssfire 295x2 PC. 

I didn't, however its a pretty popular setup, there's a few guys on youtube showing his 295x4 quadfire setups.

install msi afterburner, 

I had my 7970 lock at 400mhz, 

make sure crossfire is enabled, and make sure your drivers are updated/not corrupted. probably should just reinstall them 

I did, and now it seems like all the GPUs are working, but still, i can't get more than 50-60 fps.

Heres a video showing the FPS and quitting the game and showing that all the GPUs are working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zuf6UWC-9RQ

Notice that the game can see the two cards.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Did you check your gpu usage in game?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I could swear that video games are designed to detect hardware and then pre-set graphics options based on what it sees... setting all options very high or toggled-on when there are high-end components.  

I suspect that the 100fps video you saw was with a different configuration of the graphics settings. The games I've played generally have a number of options, there could easily be something different.  

50-60 is still high, and you probably wouldn't have even noticed if you didn't have the fps counter turned on. 

Disable ULPS.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

Did you check your gpu usage in game?

Yes, all the gpus are being used.

I could swear that video games are designed to detect hardware and then pre-set graphics options based on what it sees... setting all options very high or toggled-on when there are high-end components.  

I suspect that the 100fps video you saw was with a different configuration of the graphics settings. The games I've played generally have a number of options, there could easily be something different.  

50-60 is still high, and you probably wouldn't have even noticed if you didn't have the fps counter turned on. 

I do notice when the frames are that low, also i got some stuttering.

Disable ULPS.

I did.

UPDATE: Im getting around 100 fps now, 50fps being de lowest.

Still, i think something is not right here, someone uploaded a 4k benchmark with this quadfire setup and he was getting like 40-50fps.

I think i should be getting 100 fps minimum.

Am i right?

Yes, all the gpus are being used.

I do notice when the frames are that low, also i got some stuttering.

I did.

UPDATE: Im getting around 100 fps now, 50fps being de lowest.

Still, i think something is not right here, someone uploaded a 4k benchmark with this quadfire setup and he was getting like 40-50fps.

I think i should be getting 100 fps minimum.

Am i right?

Try just one at a time; Disable xfire.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

Try just one at a time; Disable xfire.

I tried and the results are kinda the same.

I have the theory that, for some reason,, the game tries to adjust to my monitor refresh rate (75), becauase once it hits 100fps, it immediately goes to 75. Weird.

V Sync is off on both gta v and catalyst.

Any way to modify my monitor refresh rate?

Thanks.

EDIT: WTF, i re-ran the test with crossfireX disabled, and its showing better fps than with quadfire o_O.

I tried and the results are kinda the same.

I have the theory that, for some reason,, the game tries to adjust to my monitor refresh rate (75), becauase once it hits 100fps, it immediately goes to 75. Weird.

V Sync is off on both gta v and catalyst.

Any way to modify my monitor refresh rate?

Thanks.

EDIT: WTF, i re-ran the test with crossfireX disabled, and its showing better fps than with quadfire o_O.

Maybe an issue with xfire.

What omega drivers are you running?

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Maybe an issue with xfire.

What omega drivers are you running?

The lastest version, the one that claims it has "gta v optimizations".

EDIT: Oh, i forgot to say, i installed the second 295x2 on the thirtd PCI-E port, i couldn't install it on the second because i would be blocking the fan of the first card.

Maybe this is why im getting these results in CrossfireX?

The lastest version, the one that claims it has "gta v optimizations".

EDIT: Oh, i forgot to say, i installed the second 295x2 on the thirtd PCI-E port, i couldn't install it on the second because i would be blocking the fan of the first card.

Maybe this is why im getting these results in CrossfireX?

That might be the issue, since the second lane operates at x8 and therefore both first and second lanes should operate at x8/x8 crossfire. The third and fourth lane run at x4 so it will run slower but not that significantly.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

That might be the issue, since the second lane operates at x8 and therefore both first and second lanes should operate at x8/x8 crossfire. The third and fourth lane run at x4 so it will run slower but not that significantly.

Is it safe to put it on the second even if its blocking the fan of the first card?

I will try using the second slot, run a benchmark and check the temps.

Btw, heres the benchmark with crossfireX disabled:

https://youtu.be/wGLwvXya8gg

Is it safe to put it on the second even if its blocking the fan of the first card?

Well, it will heat the first card a little bit more but I don't think it'll hurt that much. Just try it and see if there's a significant difference.

Btw, you're maxing out the AA as well, right?

surely your top card will be fne, these cards are freaking watercooled arent they??

MY COMPUTER-

Motherboard: ASRock B85-M Pro 4, Graphics card: MSI Radeon R9 280 Gaming 3GB, CPU: Intel i5 4590 Stock Cooler, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance, Case: My Beloved Phanteks Enthoo Pro :wub: PSU: Cougar PowerX 700W Storage: 1x Segate 1TB 1x WD Blue 250GB 1x WD Blue 350GB, Wireless Adapter: TP Link WN881ND, Monitor: BenQ VZ2350.                      To Learn how to troll, Click here

Ok, i plugged the second card right below the first one, started the system and the screen started flickering like crazy. Had to reinstall AMD Catalyst. After that, the flickering stopped.

Did some benchmarks, max temperature was 65 degrees.

Will post the video as soon as its uploaded.

Well, it will heat the first card a little bit more but I don't think it'll hurt that much. Just try it and see if there's a significant difference.

Btw, you're maxing out the AA as well, right?

You got me, i checked and msaa was turned off, im uploading another one with everything on Ultra (if applicable) and Very High, even MSAA and advanced graphics; using both the 295x2 and 295x2 in quadfire.

surely your top card will be fne, these cards are freaking watercooled arent they??

Yes they are, but still.. blocking a fan is never bueno.

Well, from what I read it seems crossfire has some scaling issues on gta and there's noticeable stuttering.

Here's a benchmark on 1080p:

1080p-1440p-Very-High-1940x1416.png

Try using those settings and see what framerate you get.

:/
Xfire is trash.
You may just have to play with Xfire disabled until they patch it; But that might take a long time.

Stuttering is terrible in xfire :(

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

Hi guys.

Build:

-

CPU: i5 4690k on 4.3GHz

Memory: Gskill 1066 2x4gb (motherboard overclocked it to 1333mhz but i underclocked it just in case)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-Soc Force

PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

Problem:

Im getting insanely low fps on default settings on games like GTA V and Far Cry on 1920x1080p.

Even with a single 295x2, i can't pass 50 fps in default settings.

Already tried disabling on regedit that option that turns GPUs that are not being used, still the same.

Been doing some research (all day actually) but nothing helped me so far.

Fresh installed windows 7 yesterday, the only driver i installed is the lastest one, the one that comes with GTA V improvements.

GTA V detects 16gb of VRAM, but according to the graphic quality that i get, it seems like im using some shitty 128mb video card.

This is deppressing, considering a guy with a 295x2 is able to run it at 100 fps avg.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

That guy has a Intel Core i7 5930K you have a i5 4690k on 4.3GHz its bottlenecking you're system. i don't get it with you're system a high end GPU 295X2 with a I5? why did you just not bough a 290X with that I5 logic sence.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

That guy has a Intel Core i7 5930K you have a i5 4690k on 4.3GHz its bottlenecking you're system. i don't get it with you're system a high end GPU 295X2 with a I5? why did you just not bough a 290X with that I5 logic sence.

I doubt it's bottlenecking. 

Check this out OP: https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/611703709830606830/

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

its kinda a new game

so i say the scaling with 4 GPUs is not fully stable

test with Unigine Heaven or 3DMark Firestrike and see if the GPU is working at full load

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.