hd 598 doesn't get loud

farhanorakzai

my sennheiser hd 598 do not get very loud. i am using the onboard sound on the rampage v extreme. is that why? 

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

Maybe, you may need to result to a sound card.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

not enough power delivered through onboard amp probably

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Have you tried other earphones/headphones?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

You probably need an amp, full size headphones need a lot of power and normal ports can't supply that much.

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

You probably need an amp, full size headphones need a lot of power and normal ports can't supply that much.

I hope you don't go around spreading this message.  :wacko:

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

not enough power delivered through onboard amp probably

Have you tried other earphones/headphones?

i tried my apple earpods and they're at about the same volume

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

As you have already been advised. You need an amp. or a sound card.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

The HD5x8 series needs a substantial amplifier to reach their full potential. I recommend a Schiit stack, if not a Lyr. The large impedance spike in the bass makes it so they have too many ohmagges to be properly driven by onboard audio. You'll likely get better bass, better highs, better mids, better soundstage, better imaging, better timbre, better musicality, better smoothness, better detail, better punch, better impact, better fluidity, better instrument separation, better depth, better blackness between the notes, better refinement, better crispness, better immersion, and better reproduction. You'll amazingly be able to hear things that you weren't able to hear before, it'll be like the musicians are in the fucking room with you.

Even better, the more money you spend, the better it gets because money and performance follow a direct, 1-to-1 relationship.

Earpods not having deafening loudness plugged to onboard is extremely strange. My earpods gives me headache (from loudness) even just being plugged to ipad3 on max volume. 

It's either software or hardware problem. Refer to the manual to make sure all the settings are correct. If it's actually hardware problem, then consider getting an additional device, like an amp or a dac/amp.

The HD5x8 series needs a substantial amplifier to reach their full potential. I recommend a Schiit stack, if not a Lyr. The large impedance spike in the bass makes it so they have too many ohmagges to be properly driven by onboard audio. You'll likely get better bass, better highs, better mids, better soundstage, better imaging, better timbre, better musicality, better smoothness, better detail, better punch, better impact, better fluidity, better instrument separation, better depth, better blackness between the notes, better refinement, better crispness, better immersion, and better reproduction. You'll amazingly be able to hear things that you weren't able to hear before, it'll be like the musicians are in the fucking room with you.

Even better, the more money you spend, the better it gets because money and performance follow a direct, 1-to-1 relationship.

Pokin' some fun at the head-fi crowd, huh?

a977f41236.jpg