This explains so much about battlelog

thorpj

All the problems with it. Here it is.

Also, now we know why DICE is making a new server browser for SWBF... NPAPI support is going to be removed from chrome eventually. That and, battlelog isn't very good.

orCgj1I.png

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Im just going to say it. 

Fuck dice & EA for using that shitty web-based launcher for BF. It makes it seem like some god damned 14yr old coded the launcher in their bedroom at 4am while cranked up on pot and redbull. It is not the launcher of a fucking AAA game that it should be. I swear to fucking god if them implement something even remotely similar to a fucking web-browser based launcher on Battlefront then im not buying the god damned game. I'm already on the fucking edge of not buying it from what i've seen and heard so far. I swear to fucking god Dice, if you fuck up my favorite shooter game of all time, i'm not buying another one of your fucking games. AND NO FUCKING BATTLEPACKS YOU MONEY WHORING ASSHOLES

Feels so much better now.

/rant

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Why do people complain about it? Once you get used to it and if you have a decent internet connection, it's not bad at ll.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I'll miss it... Its nice to edit your loadouts, See if your friends are on, Wait for a server queue while doing other things....

Battlelog will be missed :(

I love it, because when I'm in queue, I just open another tab and go browse LTT or YouTube.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

even BF2s new battlelog is better

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Im just going to say it. 

Fuck dice & EA for using that shitty web-based launcher for BF. It makes it seem like some god damned 14yr old coded the launcher in their bedroom at 4am while cranked up on pot and redbull. It is not the launcher of a fucking AAA game that it should be. I swear to fucking god if them implement something even remotely similar to a fucking web-browser based launcher on Battlefront then im not buying the god damned game. I'm already on the fucking edge of not buying it from what i've seen and heard so far. I swear to fucking god Dice, if you fuck up my favorite shooter game of all time, i'm not buying another one of your fucking games. AND NO FUCKING BATTLEPACKS YOU MONEY WHORING ASSHOLES

Feels so much better now.

/rant

Thanks for the warning, there's truly an impressive amount of rage in there.

DICE didn't make Battlelog, ESN (website designers) did.

Also about the battlepack system. As that kind of stuff goes, i like their system. I've never felt the need to buy battlepacks, and the unlocking of them just makes getting unlocks a little quicker.

The option to buy battlepacks is buried somewhere, which is a far cry (geddit :D) from Ubisoft's whopping pile of money grabbing.

And i completely agree, let's hope they don't stuff up SWBF. 

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

I love it, because when I'm in queue, I just open another tab and go browse LTT or YouTube.

Fair enough

Lucky FS Borderless works well in frostbite, so that you'll be able to do the same in SWBF

I'll miss it... Its nice to edit your loadouts, See if your friends are on, Wait for a server queue while doing other things....

Battlelog will be missed :(

I agree, there's a lot of people lamenting the loss of that functionality.

Which is why i'm sure these are features that we'll see in the new server browser.

Some info i just found out. Aparrently the studio that made battlelog (ESN) has changed its name to Uprise

Something else. I've read a number of comments of people saying "Four maps in SWBF, NO." and then deciding to not buy the game. It's 4 planets, with a number of maps on each.

I've also seen (http://www.reddit.com/user/DICE_TheBikingViking) saying that the trailer is a very close representation of what the game will look like. He even said that this is how it looks on PS4. I find that hard to believe.

Well i'm turning this into a SWBF hype thread very quickly aren't i? Well, you can't really blame me.

I agree, there's a lot of people lamenting the loss of that functionality.

Which is why i'm sure these are features that we'll see in the new server browser.

Some info i just found out. Aparrently the studio that made battlelog (ESN) has changed its name to Uprise

Something else. I've read a number of comments of people saying "Four maps in SWBF, NO." and then deciding to not buy the game. It's 4 planets, with a number of maps on each.

I've also seen (http://www.reddit.com/user/DICE_TheBikingViking) saying that the trailer is a very close representation of what the game will look like. He even said that this is how it looks on PS4. I find that hard to believe.

Well i'm turning this into a SWBF hype thread very quickly aren't i? Well, you can't really blame me.

No i really can't blame you... I really want to be hyped for a return of my favorite gaming franchise... but am getting really, really depressed by what im seeing and hearing so far... This is honestly starting to sound like less of a new game, and more of a battlefield refresh with a new skin... 

Perhaps i'm over-thinking things, but I'm not wrong in wanting a battlefront game to be at least *kinda* like the old battlefront games, right? Just making a FPS star wars game and slapping Battlefront is not the way to refresh one of the most successful first person shooters, and most likely the most successful star wars game. But then again, maybe i'm completely wrong somehow and the game will be like the old battlefronts, but updated visuals maps and weapons and units.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Edit: DICE Sweden are working on SWBF, not DICE LA 

No i really can't blame you... I really want to be hyped for a return of my favorite gaming franchise... but am getting really, really depressed by what im seeing and hearing so far... This is honestly starting to sound like less of a new game, and more of a battlefield refresh with a new skin... 

Perhaps i'm over-thinking things, but I'm not wrong in wanting a battlefront game to be at least *kinda* like the old battlefront games, right? Just making a FPS star wars game and slapping Battlefront is not the way to refresh one of the most successful first person shooters, and most likely the most successful star wars game. But then again, maybe i'm completely wrong somehow and the game will be like the old battlefronts, but updated visuals maps and weapons and units.

I can still recall that feeling, when i woke up and checked the news. There's a couple of keywords that jump out form that first article that i saw, "No Space battles, Battlefield skin, disappointment" After reading around, i don't think that is a particularly accurate description. Sure, it sounded like a Battlefield refresh, at first, but here's a few details that makes the whole refresh idea seem unlikely.

* The way they're creating all the assets sounds great. It lends itself to the belief that the people at DICE SE are actually Star Wars fans, and that seems likely: who isn't a fan?

* Differing player counts + modes optimised for different maps (as opposed to, e.g. BF4 and how it shoved rush onto maps that just didn't work with it

It sounded like a Battlefield refresh at first, but then some important details appeared that m

* Bots. This is something i really want to see in the game, and the quote below shows that it'll be there. If the bots are there in coop, then surely they will be there in something like instant action. The low player counts in multiplayer modes also adds to this idea. (i wonder if anyone from Titanfall is working at DICE SE now...)

I'd also seen something about it being a timed exclusive for the xbone (ffs Microsoft), but i don't think that's actually happening. Judging by the most recent trailer, this game is most definitely in league with Sony.

It's definitely easy to be a little pessimistic about this game. Expectations are huge. All we can do is get on the hype train (without preordering)

"Q: Will there be some sort of instant action mode with bots? – @piggy5990

A: We have a feature called Missions that allow you to play solo or cooperatively with bots on or offline"

I can still recall that feeling, when i woke up and checked the news. There's a couple of keywords that jump out form that first article that i saw, "No Space battles, Battlefield skin, disappointment" After reading around, i don't think that is a particularly accurate description. Sure, it sounded like a Battlefield refresh, at first, but here's a few details that makes the whole refresh idea seem unlikely.

* The way they're creating all the assets sounds great. It lends itself to the belief that the people at DICE la are actually Star Wars fans, and that seems likely: who isn't a fan?

* Differing player counts + modes optimised for different maps (as opposed to, e.g. BF4 and how it shoved rush onto maps that just didn't work with it

It sounded like a Battlefield refresh at first, but then some important details appeared that m

* Bots. This is something i really want to see in the game, and the quote below shows that it'll be there. If the bots are there in coop, then surely they will be there in something like instant action. The low player counts in multiplayer modes also adds to this idea. (i wonder if anyone from Titanfall is working at DICE LA now...)

I'd also seen something about it being a timed exclusive for the xbone (ffs Microsoft), but i don't think that's actually happening. Judging by the most recent trailer, this game is most definitely in league with Sony.

It's definitely easy to be a little pessimistic about this game. Expectations are huge. All we can do is get on the hype train (without preordering)

"Q: Will there be some sort of instant action mode with bots? – @piggy5990

A: We have a feature called Missions that allow you to play solo or cooperatively with bots on or offline"

At least they're keeping the bots. Then again, wouldn't be a battlefront game at all w/o em xD

eh... Just gotta hope that dice know what they're doing, and visceral stays a mile away from the project.

At least they're keeping the bots. Then again, wouldn't be a battlefront game at all w/o em xD

eh... Just gotta hope that dice know what they're doing, and visceral stays a mile away from the project.

Amen to that. It'll be interesting to see if AI will improve at all by then. I can't recall the last time we had a game with proper bots in multiplayer (Titanfall doens't count, they're meant to be dumb)

I take it you didn't like Hardline? or Maybe Mass Effect.

Amen to that. It'll be interesting to see if AI will improve at all by then. I can't recall the last time we had a game with proper bots in multiplayer (Titanfall doens't count, they're meant to be dumb)

I take it you didn't like Hardline? or Maybe Mass Effect.

Yea it'll be interesting to see how they do with the AI.

But you hit it on the nose there. Can't stand Hardline, I think its the dumbest sequal ever. EA really lost their shit when they licensed BF out to visceral to make that crap shoot of a game. They turned one of the most successful modern shooters into a freaking cops and robbers game, going backwards in game design and mechanics. You can watch the Angry joe review of it if you wanna get what im talking about. He pretty much covered everything I dislike about it. And Mass effect I don't, hate, but I do still feel the first was the best. It had the most free-roaming kind of stuff. I really wish they had just kept planetary landing in ME 2&3. They were both good, because they at least had amazing stories, Bioware has always has had the straight up best story lines... Star wars KotOR , Bioshock, Neverwinter, Bladurs Gate, and Dragon Age.

Yea it'll be interesting to see how they do with the AI.

But you hit it on the nose there. Can't stand Hardline, I think its the dumbest sequal ever. EA really lost their shit when they licensed BF out to visceral to make that crap shoot of a game. They turned one of the most successful modern shooters into a freaking cops and robbers game, going backwards in game design and mechanics. You can watch the Angry joe review of it if you wanna get what im talking about. He pretty much covered everything I dislike about it. And Mass effect I don't, hate, but I do still feel the first was the best. It had the most free-roaming kind of stuff. I really wish they had just kept planetary landing in ME 2&3. They were both good, because they at least had amazing stories, Bioware has always has had the straight up best story lines... Star wars KotOR , Bioshock, Neverwinter, Bladurs Gate, and Dragon Age.

I've not really had a problem with Hardline, but i'm open to other opinions, and the one you've described is definitely popular. Still, i've felt no urge to buy Hardline.