My custom 10 keyless keyboard that cost me $22.

I hate regular sized keyboards, they always push my mouse to far and I sit in an awkward position. Well this time, I bought a new desk but the keyboard pull-out thing was too short for a keyboard and a mouse. I CANNOT use my mouse above my keyboard, it's so awkward and I didn't feel like spending $130 on a ten keyless keyboard when I have a good ol' wireless logitech keyboard lying around.

Decided to cut my logitech wireless MK320 in half, well almost in half. I cut out the number keys with a $2 saw I bought at the dollarstore which broke half way through cutting so I had to grab the blade by hand and continue cutting, hence why the cut is so bad. The keyboard cost me $20 with a wireless mouse at bestbuy a few years back.

xpvOyNY.jpg

Decided to cut my Razer Deathstalker too.

gAQWOJA.jpg

Enjoy my art.

blackshades on

I thought of doing this myself lol. Happy to see it works!

When doing it, you can cut the silicon piece but DO NOT CUT the actual wires/traces. I ended up bending the uh plastic key tracer thingy around the back of the keyboard and taping in in place. 

blackshades on

well that was unexpected

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

haha

Well now I've seen it all....

Glad I have broad shoulders and never had the need to resort to something like that!

Plus I couldn't live without my numpad.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

???

wtf who uses their mouse above their keyboard? you put the mouse the the right...

you dont need a 10 keyless keyboard to use your mouse on the right... your hands are not supposed to be so close together...

also you should really upgrade to a mechanical keyboard

it makes a huge difference than a crappy POS $20 membrane

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

???

wtf who uses their mouse above their keyboard? you put the mouse the the right...

you dont need a 10 keyless keyboard to use your mouse on the right... your hands are not supposed to be so close together...

also you should really upgrade to a mechanical keyboard

it makes a huge difference than a crappy POS $20 membrane

As stated, the keyboard + mouse does not fit on the slide-out keyboard board. 

As I also stated, I was forced to put the mouse above the keyboard because of the keyboard taking up all the room.

I would like a mechanical keyboard but for the price, bleh I just can't cough the much up for a keyboard. Maybe santa will get me one in the future.

blackshades on

As stated, the keyboard + mouse does not fit on the slide-out keyboard board. 

As I also stated, I was forced to put the mouse above the keyboard because of the keyboard taking up all the room.

I would like a mechanical keyboard but for the price, bleh I just can't cough the much up for a keyboard. Maybe santa will get me one in the future.

you could put a flat piece of wood plank to make the area bigger for the keyboard...

but then you wouldnt be able to put it back in

or you could also get a bigger desk, which would be cheaper than a new keyboard

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

you could put a flat piece of wood plank to make the area bigger for the keyboard...

but then you wouldnt be able to put it back in

or you could also get a bigger desk, which would be cheaper than a new keyboard

I paid $500 for the L shaped glass desk.

I don't use the number keys at all and my arms not ergonomically correct with a regular keyboard since my shoulders are not wide.

Ten keyless is my savior!

blackshades on

When doing it, you can cut the silicon piece but DO NOT CUT the actual wires/traces. I ended up bending the uh plastic key tracer thingy around the back of the keyboard and taping in in place. 

Thanks for the advice! That makes a lot of sense lol

Mark for NSFMR lol. Although did you leave the cut open or did you seal it somehow?

How many computer programmers does it take to change a light bulb?

None, that's a hardware problem.  :D

eh that looks terrible lol

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Mark for NSFMR lol. Although did you leave the cut open or did you seal it somehow?

I left it open to bend the bendable PCB around the back. Can't cut that without a lot of work.

blackshades on

At least I can use my desk now!

Ah well yea thats a big plus :)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

haha

Well now I've seen it all....

Glad I have broad shoulders and never had the need to resort to something like that!

Plus I couldn't live without my numpad.

I have very broad shoulders as well, and I think my keyboard is too wide :-(. I am not going to cut it though.

I have very broad shoulders as well, and I think my keyboard is too wide :-(. I am not going to cut it though.

CUT IT!

Going to cut my razer keyboard next

blackshades on

ha, I'm amazed the circuitry inside hasn't gone kaput with this sort of bode job (No offence).  Good to hear it works for ya!

ha, I'm amazed the circuitry inside hasn't gone kaput with this sort of bode job (No offence).  Good to hear it works for ya!

Cut my Razer deathstalker too, now it fits and works yay. Even worse job, the blade broke in my hands 3 times!

The deathstalker took a little more jimmying.

gAQWOJA.jpg

blackshades on

This thread...I dont even...

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit