A question about my hard drive and ssd

rabbitrider1

Hello, Ive just built my pc! I was wondering why when I turn my pc on I have to go to the BIOS to select the ssd and then itll load windows instead of just booting straight into the ssd. Second question I have is Im downloading some games and I noticed that I cannot find my Hard Drive, only my ssd. The hard drive is connected also. I have an Asus Maximus Hero VII, a samsung 850 EVO, and a WD Black.

1. Is it setup in the boot priority to boot into either windows bootloader or whatever, or the SSD.

2. Did you setup the drive in Disk Management?

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

Hi there @rabbitrider1!

You have to setup the boot priority first. To do that restart (or turn on the computer), press the key or keys to enter the Setup program, choose the menu option or options to display the boot sequence and set the boot order. After that save the changes, exit the Setup program and restart the computer with the new settings.

As for the HDD, can you recognized in BIOS? Is it visible in Disk Management? Because if you can see it in both places, then I agree with @zlolslavez that you have to initialize it first (in case you haven't done it). Here's a KB article which can help you with that:

Hope this helps and let us know how it went. :)

If this post helped you, please like and choose it as a best answer.   :)
http://www.wdc.com/en/