No internet after DD-WRT

Tech Lover

hi. i have Asus RT-N10+ router, which im about to throw away, so i thought why not try something with it. 

i just flashed the DD WRT firmware on it. its all done now. i can go to the admin page and eerything. 

now i can t get the internet to work on this.

previoulsy what i would do is, say after a reset or firmware update, just plug in the ethernet from my DSL router which my ISP gave me, in the WAN port and the asus router ethernet cable to my pc and it would do something about "SUBNET" something like that and i got the internet access within no time. 

now its not working. can someone tell me what the problem is? i have even made a new profile on the DD WRT forum but looking at the last post there, the last reply was done to that last year... so i dont think im going to get any help from there. its LTT again :)

can anyone help me what to do to get internet back on with this router?

Current Rig: Intel core i7 4770K Stock 4.5G, Asus Maximus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 16Gb (8Gx2), 2x SLi Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 2Gb GDDR5 3X Windforce Edition, Corsair Hydro Series H100i (Push), JDS LABS O2/ODAC combo, Fiio E18 KUNLUN, Asus Xonar Essence STX (secondary PC), Sennheiser HD700, Hifiman HE 400i, Beyerdynamics DT 990 PRO 250 Ohm, Sennheiser HD 518, Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W 80+, Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced, Samsun4g DVD R/W Combo, 3X Cooler Master 120mm Blue LED fans, LG IPS 23EA73, Logitech G710 BLUE, BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Edition,Logitech G402 HYPERION FURY, Bloody Core V7, SteelSeries QcK Mass MiBR mouse pad

Try reseting it (hitting the reset button)

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

Try reseting it (hitting the reset button)

resetting what? the dsl router or the asus router? because i have reset the asus router now like 7 times. and its still not working'

Current Rig: Intel core i7 4770K Stock 4.5G, Asus Maximus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 16Gb (8Gx2), 2x SLi Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 2Gb GDDR5 3X Windforce Edition, Corsair Hydro Series H100i (Push), JDS LABS O2/ODAC combo, Fiio E18 KUNLUN, Asus Xonar Essence STX (secondary PC), Sennheiser HD700, Hifiman HE 400i, Beyerdynamics DT 990 PRO 250 Ohm, Sennheiser HD 518, Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W 80+, Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced, Samsun4g DVD R/W Combo, 3X Cooler Master 120mm Blue LED fans, LG IPS 23EA73, Logitech G710 BLUE, BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Edition,Logitech G402 HYPERION FURY, Bloody Core V7, SteelSeries QcK Mass MiBR mouse pad

can someone help me? its really annoying :(

I have a router running DD-WRT. If you could post a screenshot of some of the important pages like the setup/basic setup and status/wan, I might be able to identify the problem.

Motherboard: MSI 770-C45 2606Mhz HT 200Mhz Bclk | CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE 3606Mhz | GPU: ASUS R9 270 DCU2 2GB 1125MHz Core 1500Mhz vRAM

RAM: HyperX Black PC3-12800 1600MHz 9-9-9-20 | Storage: HyperX 3K 120GB SSD SATA II + 570GB| PSU: EVGA 500B 500W              

F@H Stats: 7,077,384pts x 576wu (08/14/2015)                                                                                                    green=stock setting     red=above spec     blue=below spec

System Name: Rocinante = "workhorse"                                                                                                                                           

Sounds like you haven't set it up correctly. Contact your ISP and ask them what settings you need to connect to them.

I have a router running DD-WRT. If you could post a screenshot of some of the important pages like the setup/basic setup and status/wan, I might be able to identify the problem.

i will be grateful to you if you can help me resolve this issue.

here is a screen shot of the first page. my ISP says their connection is PPPoe, and that my router should identify the settings on its own right? because its a router not a DSL router. my setup is like i have a DSL router that my ISP gave me and its connected to the WAN port of this router and then that is connected to my PC with LAN.

here is first page.

oeVOnHX.jpg

In the "WAN connection type" section, try setting the connection type to PPPoE where it says Automatic configuration currently. If you have login credentials from the ISP, they will go in the username/password boxes. After that everything else should resolve automatically. This is if I understand the situation correctly.

Motherboard: MSI 770-C45 2606Mhz HT 200Mhz Bclk | CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE 3606Mhz | GPU: ASUS R9 270 DCU2 2GB 1125MHz Core 1500Mhz vRAM

RAM: HyperX Black PC3-12800 1600MHz 9-9-9-20 | Storage: HyperX 3K 120GB SSD SATA II + 570GB| PSU: EVGA 500B 500W              

F@H Stats: 7,077,384pts x 576wu (08/14/2015)                                                                                                    green=stock setting     red=above spec     blue=below spec

what ddwrt firmware did you flash?

what kinda dsl modem you got..make and model

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

In the "WAN connection type" section, try setting the connection type to PPPoE where it says Automatic configuration currently. If you have login credentials from the ISP, they will go in the username/password boxes. After that everything else should resolve automatically. This is if I understand the situation correctly.

thats the issue im facing man. i have tried the automatic DHCP one and it does not work. i then chose PPPoe and then put my credentials and it still does not work. 

if this firmware was not installed properly, it would not let me log in and do everyother settings in the GUI right? i can log in, i can go anywhere in the settings but why no internet? i really dont understand. i have tried everything i know, from resetting to putting credentials manually, but no result. i can see its wifi from my router being displayed in my mobile phone as well, which means it is properly running, but then again no internet access. its really annoying and frustrating. thank God i didnt go for it before....

but i get it as a challenge now, to fix this issue no matter what.  :ph34r:

what ddwrt firmware did you flash?

what kinda dsl modem you got..make and model

firmware is DD-WRTv24-sp2 (03/25/13)

Dsl modem is shitty old i think its zte model is AN1020-16T

here i found a pic of it on net

6997589321387619397.jpg

but i dont think there is any issue with this modem. i have tried in another Tp link router. what i did was connect to WAN port and boom, every thing sorted on its own. but the TP link router did have its own TP link firmware and not DDWRT. i think the issue is with the firmware because if u see on the other image i posted of the Asus router with DDWRT the WAN IP is 0.0.0.0

can u help me? :(

that firmware might be to old...do a 30-30 reset on it then try

if it still doesn't work..then you need to change the firmware again

looks like there are quit a few hardware revisions on that router

what revision is it..should say on the label

looks like there are quit a few hardware revisions on that router

what revision is it..should say on the label

model is RT-N10+ and Revision says : B1

i will do that 30-30 u told me and try again may be it will work i downloaded the firmware from here. http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

and typed N10+ and it showed with support for my revision model B1. 

can u tell me if there is any other place i can download firmware from? the above mentioned page gives only 1 firmware. first one .trx which is for initial installation and then .bin one for after dd wrt is installed. 

i will do that 30-30 u told me and try again may be it will work i downloaded the firmware from here. http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

can u tell me if there is any other place i can download firmware from? the above mentioned page gives only 1 firmware. first one .trx which is for initial installation and then .bin one for after dd wrt is installed. 

The files from that location should work fine. When you did the flashing, did you install both the .trx file and then the .bin file?

Looking back, you mentioned that the ISP said the router should automatically pick up the settings. This would mean that the modem is handling the PPPoE authentication and not the router. I think you may have been doing things right from the start, using the automatic DHCP. It may just be that the firmware didnt take properly the first time. I would recommend doing a reflash of the entire thing again (both files with 30-30-30 reset as mentioned by techguru).

If this doesn't work then your router has me baffled but I'll keep looking into it.

im back...

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/04-09-2015-r26653/asus-rt-n10plus/

also make sure you flash with IE