dog problems

dhendry71

my dog has a tumor on her bladder and shes about 7 or 8ish. i looked up average boxer ages which is 9 to 10. the question is it worth the bill of 1000 dollars and more following to get it removed or just have her put down? just want some peoples thoughts

my dog has a tumor on her bladder and shes about 7 or 8ish. i looked up average boxer ages which is 9 to 10. the question is it worth the bill of 1000 dollars and more following to get it removed or just have her put down? just want some peoples thoughts

Not really the forum for this, you are is owner you probably have a bond with him so it's up to you.

inb4 shitstorm that I can foresee happening

But anyways OP, you do what you think is best. My thing is, don't adopt a pet if you aren't willing to do what's necessary for it's livelihood. 

If you consider her to be valued member of your family, then yes, the treatment is worth it.

Personally I could never have one of my pets put down.  Unless if there was no way they'd survive or if they were suffering.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

the way you ask it, looks as if you're asking if your dog is worth 1000+followup given it's age. That's pretty disconnected and I'm not sure what to think of this...

money is kind of an issue at our house

money is kind of an issue at our house

The question i'd ask myself is what you're offering your dog in terms of quality of life. Is the surgery going to have lasting effects, does she have a risk of not surviving anesthetics or having issues afterwards. Those are questions i'd consult with my vet.

If the surgery has a high chance of succeeding with no real side-effects apart from old-age, i'd do it.

if you love the dog, pay for it, I think if someone has a pet he should be ready to pay money for a necessary surgery

Decide what you think is more humane I guess. I had to put my 13 year old cat down because of a tumor about a year ago, and although it was really tough, I am happy that I did it. He lived a long and happy life; and I didn't want his last few years to be filled with pain and vet visits (he couldn't stand the vet). Nobody here can really answer this question, it's definitely a personal one that you have to decide for yourself.

The question i'd ask myself is what you're offering your dog in terms of quality of life. Is the surgery going to have lasting effects, does she have a risk of not surviving anesthetics or having issues afterwards. Those are questions i'd consult with my vet.

If the surgery has a high chance of succeeding with no real side-effects apart from old-age, i'd do it.

This pretty much

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

If you consider your dog as part of the family, then do it.  If money is an issue, they have a thing called "Care Credit".  6 months no interest if paid in full.  Most vets take it.  I used it to pay for my dogs torn LCL.  $4500 for the operation and meds.  Well worth it in my opinion.  My dog is like my son to me.  You also have to think about the Quality of Life issue.  Don't let your dog live in pain forever just because you can't let them go.  It was a hard lesson I had to learn.

I have a potato!

I'd lean towards paying the money and having her treated, if she's healthy otherwise?

If she's got other health issues that are just going to worsen it may be more humane not to put her through the surgery at the age she is?

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Also, you wont miss the money as much as you'll miss the dog :0/

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

If money is a issue ITs a huge maybe. We have a Weiner dog that's pushing 12 who needs a couple hundred (800ish)on dental. Is that worth it on a deaf dog who barely can get out of a bed? For us no.

Pets are luxurys and not a need for your life 99% of time.

Let me ask this. Will paying a 1000$ hurt the health of your family? If you have to cut back on food, healthcare, ect, then no its not worth it. You should not risk people's lives for a dog.

JIMMY PAGE. 

JIMMY PAGE. 

the guy from the white stripes!!! also im gettin the surgery done

the guy from the white stripes!!! also im gettin the surgery done

Jack White is his name :P. I think surgery is the best way to go. I had 6K surgery on my dog because her trachea collapsed.  

Well considering the average livespan is isn't that far off anymore, odds are he won't live much longer IF you do manage to save him this way.

We had a cat that was the same age as me, he was 12 at the time and he had problems with his lungs, coughing all the time and stuff. The vet told us he needed medicine that'd cost over 40 bucks every month. We loved him very dearly but considering the fact that 12 already is quite old for a cat we decided not to do so, if it got too worse we would put him out of his misery. 

Turned out 4 years later on his 18th he was still with us, the problem disappeared at his 13th or so.

After that he went missing and I assume he's dead. 

I know you can't really compare the two side by side since lung problems aren't really as bad as tumors, but that amount of money on an animal that has a fair chance of dieing regardless of the tumors being there or not, it's really a tough decision. If he were 7 or 8 I'd definitely say yes, but I can definitely understand it if you do allow the treatment now too. Animals are special.

So many things I could write here... things like this.