Cleaning Mousepads

Go to solution Solved by W-L,

Is it safe to dry-clean a mousepad? I own a dry-cleaner at home and wondering whether it would affect tracking and friction of the surface. FYI, it is a SteelSeries QCK. It would also save a lot of time as I only need to wash it less times than otherwise needed.

My dry-cleaner is steam-based

Since it's steam cleaner best not to since the glue on the cloth pad may come off due to the heat, It's best to use some luke warm water and a little detergent if it's really dirty.

Is it safe to dry-clean a mousepad? I own a dry-cleaner at home and wondering whether it would affect tracking and friction of the surface. FYI, it is a SteelSeries QCK. It would also save a lot of time as I only need to wash it less times than otherwise needed.

Not sure about dry cleaners but I throw mine in the normal Washing machine at home and wash at a low temperature and just let it dry for a day.

Since it's steam cleaner best not to since the glue on the cloth pad may come off due to the heat, It's best to use some luke warm water and a little detergent if it's really dirty.

I was under the impression that the QCK is woven on the rubber pad, but I'll consider that next time. Thanks ;)

I was under the impression that the QCK is woven on the rubber pad, but I'll consider that next time. Thanks ;)

Most are still glued on from my knowledge at least unless they formed the rubber so it automatically stuck onto the cloth but best not to risk ruining a mouse pad.