GTA V wont download!

So I've had problems with gta 5 not downloading and every time i try to download it the game will make it to around 35/59gb and say busy writing to disk and will stop the download. Then it will say update required and you can see it in the picture I posted.

post-44302-0-02219300-1429383111_thumb.p

So I've had problems with gta 5 not downloading and every time i try to download it the game will make it to around 35/59gb and say busy writing to disk and will stop the download. Then it will say update required and you can see it in the picture I posted.

Do you have enough room on said drive? It's a bit large.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Do you have enough room on said drive? It's a bit large.

Yes it's downloading to a 1tb WD Black drive with 450gb left on it.

Yes it's downloading to a 1tb WD Black drive with 450gb left on it.

Hit the play button manually, and see if it works.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Hit the play button manually, and see if it works.

Just did that and it will download for a couple of seconds and then say busy writing to disk and the download will stop.

Just did that and it will download for a couple of seconds and then say busy writing to disk and the download will stop.It

It's actually doing something just wait, it's verifying the files on the disk

It's actually doing something just wait, it's verifying the files on the disk

It's not doing that, because it wouldn't stop the download and go back into the queue. It will download for a few seconds and then say writing to disk and then the download will completely stop and won't resume unless I manually do it. Even after I manually hit download again it just repeats the writing to disk and stops.

It's not doing that, because it wouldn't stop the download and go back into the queue. It will download for a few seconds and then say writing to disk and then the download will completely stop and won't resume unless I manually do it. Even after I manually hit download again it just repeats the writing to disk and stops.

Mine was writing to the disk for 15 minutes.

But you can try to reboot your pc and see what happens.

Just did that and it will download for a couple of seconds and then say busy writing to disk and the download will stop.

I had that on some payday updates on steam, and they went incredibly slow for the size of the update...

Check task manager to see if the hdd is doing anything. if not than its something with steam.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Mine was writing to the disk for 15 minutes.

But you can try to reboot your pc and see what happens.

It's not that it says busy writing to disk for a couple of minutes, it is literally like 5 seconds and then the download will stop and not continue.

I had that on some payday updates on steam, and they went incredibly slow for the size of the update...

Check task manager to see if the hdd is doing anything. if not than its something with steam.

Pretty sure its an issue with steam, but idk what to do unless a patch is released. Just seeing if anyone here had a solution that I was not aware of. Thanks anyways!

Pretty sure its an issue with steam, but idk what to do unless a patch is released. Just seeing if anyone here had a solution that I was not aware of. Thanks anyways!

they can't patch it since you haven't installed the game 100% yet it's a steam related issue.

Try to reboot your pc.

they can't patch it since you haven't installed the game 100% yet it's a steam related issue.

Try to reboot your pc.

I meant a steam patch because it has to be and issue on their part, and ok i will try that.

Try to reboot your pc.

It just did the same thing, says writing to disk and then download completely stops and it goes back to the queue.

I meant a steam patch because it has to be and issue on their part, and ok i will try that.

Must be an issues on your side, you can try contacting steam but they won't do shit.

Must be an issues on your side, you can try contacting steam but they won't do shit.

Don't think its an issue on my side because I've heard of other people having the same issue, and yea steam won't do shit lol.

Don't think its an issue on my side because I've heard of other people having the same issue, and yea steam won't do shit lol.

Haven't came across this issue nor on forums. But mine was literally writing to disk for atleast 15 minutes before it continued downloading.

If you can't fix it try downloading it on another computer and then copy the files over.

Haven't came across this issue nor on forums. But mine was literally writing to disk for atleast 15 minutes before it continued downloading.

If you can't fix it try downloading it on another computer and then copy the files over.

I get that your game was writing to disk for a long time, but it never went back into the queue. It just said writing to disk, my download actually says "stopping" and then it won't continue. Thanks for the help though I appreciate it!

I get that your game was writing to disk for a long time, but it never went back into the queue. It just said writing to disk, my download actually says "stopping" and then it won't continue. Thanks for the help though I appreciate it!

Oh and steam can be picky with themes, firewalls and virusscanners.

Also try connecting your pc directly to the modem.

Oh and steam can be picky with themes, firewalls and virusscanners.

Also try connecting your pc directly to the modem.

PC is downstairs and modem is not, so that isnt going to happen. A friend told me that I can create a new windows user and download it on that account and copy the files over so im going to see if that will work.