Is my build good?

Hello Forum,

So, after 2 years of trying, my parents finally agreed to get me a desktop since they finally understood the superiority of it over a laptop.

I wanted to know whether the list of parts are good and whether there can be any improvements, etc. So, this is a Mini ITX build for the purpose of gaming, recording gameplay and also 1080p editing on Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum. My parents won't let me go bigger than Mini ITX. They agreed on a Micro ATX but I think that build will be for later when I'll need DDR4 RAM and the i7-5820k. So here's my build log. Please don't tell me to get anything which costs even a cent more, only reductions are welcome.

CPU- Intel Core i5-4690k (It's an unlocked CPU but I'm not gonna overclock at least for two years)

Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Wi-Fi (LGA 1150)

RAM- Corsair Vengance or Vengance Pro 16GB Dual Channel (Blue Color)

Case-Corsair Obsidian 250d (This was a no-brainer)

PSU- Corsair RM650

SSD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (for OS and a few games)

GPU- Asus GTX 970 STRIX

Speakers- Logitech Z150

Keyboard- SteelSeries Apex

Monitor- Dell s2240l (anything bigger will fry up my retinas since I'm used to laptops)

Extras:

Thermal Compound- Arctic Silver 5

OS- Windows 8.1 Pro

Antivirus- Eset NOD 32 1 PC, 1 User.

CPU: i5 4690K @ Stock                GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX @ Stock      SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (OS and Drivers)     Headset: Audio-Technica M20X

Case: Corsair Obsidian 250D        RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB LP             HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB                                         Mouse: Logitech m185

OS: Windows 8.1 OEM                 PSU: Corsair RM650                                Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N Mini ITX                         Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K65 RGB

Hello Forum,

So, after 2 years of trying, my parents finally agreed to get me a desktop since they finally understood the superiority of it over a laptop.

I wanted to know whether the list of parts are good and whether there can be any improvements, etc. So, this is a Mini ITX build for the purpose of gaming, recording gameplay and also 1080p editing on Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum. My parents won't let me go bigger than Mini ITX. They agreed on a Micro ATX but I think that build will be for later when I'll need DDR4 RAM and the i7-5820k. So here's my build log. Please don't tell me to get anything which costs even a cent more, only reductions are welcome.

CPU- Intel Core i5-4690k (It's an unlocked CPU but I'm not gonna overclock at least for two years)

Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Wi-Fi (LGA 1150)

RAM- Corsair Vengance or Vengance Pro 16GB Dual Channel (Blue Color)

Case-Corsair Obsidian 250d (This was a no-brainer)

PSU- Corsair RM650

SSD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (for OS and a few games)

GPU- Asus GTX 970 STRIX

Speakers- Logitech Z150

Keyboard- SteelSeries Apex

Monitor- Dell s2240l (anything bigger will fry up my retinas since I'm used to laptops)

Extras:

Thermal Compound- Arctic Silver 5

OS- Windows 8.1 Pro

Antivirus- Eset NOD 32 1 PC, 1 User.

No need to buy an anti-virus.

Get Avast's free antivirus and malwarebytes.

I would switch the STRIX for either EVGA's SSC model or MSI's Twin Frozr (both of them have the 0 db feature if that's what you get the strix for), reason for that is that they overclock better than the STRIX.

There is no need for extra thermal compound, it comes with the cpu cooler inside the CPU box pre-installed.

I don't like corsair PSUs that much, they feel cheaply made for the price. I would get a PSU from either EVGA, XFX, Antec or Seasonic, but if you want a fanless psu get it.

Everything else is ok.

If you like the 250d then it's a fine build. However if you're not overclocking for 2 years go with the plain 4590 instead no reason to spend on the nicer chip 2 years from now you'd wanna upgrade probably.

However there are many nice options for mitx builds, here's a couple of my favorites:

main.jpg

2hpqa9j.jpg

51eJFoLMoFL._SX355_.jpg

3259016_orig.jpg

-------

Current Rig

-------

Change the PSU out for a Seasonic, SuperFlower or Delta OEM unit. They will likely be cheaper and they are more well made. What country are you in?

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

I'm in India.

CPU: i5 4690K @ Stock                GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX @ Stock      SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (OS and Drivers)     Headset: Audio-Technica M20X

Case: Corsair Obsidian 250D        RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB LP             HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB                                         Mouse: Logitech m185

OS: Windows 8.1 OEM                 PSU: Corsair RM650                                Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N Mini ITX                         Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K65 RGB