what is Bitcoin mining?

what is 

Bitcoin mining ??? as the topic says

I do suggest asking this in the Coin Mining subforum :P

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Bit coin mining is mining (vertual money)its like mining gold but its on your pc not in your hands like real gold.

Theoreticly its mining vetrual currency like bit coin or light coin but term bit coin mining can be used for both.

Hopfully you know what it is now

Bit coin mining is mining (vertual money)its like mining gold but its on your pc not in your hands like real gold.

Theoreticly its mining vetrual currency like bit coin or light coin but term bit coin mining can be used for both.

Hopfully you know what it is now

so i earn free money???

Not in a way like that.Lets say you mined 200 bit coins.If you want to make money you woad have 2 sell them like real gold.Bit coin mining is slow proces and it takes a lot of time but if you can get a buyer than it coad be rewarding job.I woudn't reccomend you trying it out.It streses your gpu and your cpu to the max and it produces a ton of heat and takes a lot of extra elextrisity to run for a while.Money is vertual so there are some places like microsft store in windows 10 that you coad spent your(coins)in.And you dont earn free money,

Not in a way like that.Lets say you mined 200 bit coins.If you want to make money you woad have 2 sell them like real gold.Bit coin mining is slow proces and it takes a lot of time but if you can get a buyer than it coad be rewarding job.I woudn't reccomend you trying it out.It streses your gpu and your cpu to the max and it produces a ton of heat and takes a lot of extra elextrisity to run for a while.Money is vertual so there are some places like microsft store in windows 10 that you coad spent your(coins)in.And you dont earn free money,

This is very vague and has got me intreuged. How would one go about bit mining is it automated and where do the bitcoins come from? Are you stealing other peoples bitcoins? I was under the impression that bitcoins where just things you could buy/exchange real money for so that you could shop annonomously. for example say I wanted to buy som plutonium I could exchange my money for bit coins and then purchase sed plutonium on the dark net.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

This is very vague and has got me intreuged. How would one go about bit mining is it automated and where do the bitcoins come from? Are you stealing other peoples bitcoins? I was under the impression that bitcoins where just things you could buy/exchange real money for so that you could shop annonomously. for example say I wanted to buy som plutonium I could exchange my money for bit coins and then purchase sed plutonium on the dark net.

Bit coin mining is mining vertual gold.That is the most simple explanation i can give you.you can spent it in some stores like microsoft 1 in windows 10.you arent stealing other peaples bitcoins by mining bitcoins.you can exchange bitcoins for money but you have 2 find a guy who has bitcoins and it is selling them.they are vertual thing so...Best explanation i can give you its vertual gold that you mine and gpu does most of the work like in modern gaming than the cpu than the ram.

this is so dumb it's unreal. This can't possibly be justifiable so much power is being dumped into this it can't be good for individual country power consumption. No doubt this will be bought and privatised for future currency with no consumer advantage and so continues the cycle in to governments/companies governing the value of currency only this time there will be litterally no way for anyone to validate the numbers. 

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Bit coin mining is mining vertual gold.That is the most simple explanation i can give you.you can spent it in some stores like microsoft 1 in windows 10.you arent stealing other peaples bitcoins by mining bitcoins.you can exchange bitcoins for money but you have 2 find a guy who has bitcoins and it is selling them.they are vertual thing so...Best explanation i can give you its vertual gold that you mine and gpu does most of the work like in modern gaming than the cpu than the ram.

Don't mean to be that guy that corrects spelling but seriously dude "vertual" this hurts my brain it doesn't even read right.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

this is so dumb it's unreal. This can't possibly be justifiable so much power is being dumped into this it can't be good for individual country power consumption. No doubt this will be bought and privatised for future currency with no consumer advantage and so continues the cycle in to governments/companies governing the value of currency only this time there will be litterally no way for anyone to validate the numbers. 

The entire point is so that companies and governments cant control it, it's decentralized and the amount of money needed to buy all of it would be immense, atm yes its hard to say its worth mining most coins because you get nothing out without investing a huge amount of money into it but other coins can be worth it, there are always new coins coming out too and many companies are now accepting bitcoin as payment for goods and services