Linking 1 27 inch display and 2 24 inch displays

taxiturtle

Hi folks

I currently have 2 24 inch monitors (BenQ GL2460s) and am looking at getting a 27 inch monitor to sit in between them (Asus PB278QR). Although I don't currently have the power, down the line I would like to look into gaming on all 3 monitors. I know it works seamlessly well on 3 monitors of the same size, but can the monitors be scaled so that the 24 inch monitors don't show the full screen?

For example, I don't want to play Elite:Dangerous and have the 24 inch monitors show the full cockpit etc. but smaller because it thinks it's playing on 3 27 inch monitors. This would basically mean that anything moving from one screen to another would not show up in the same position on the screen (it would have moved vertically). Instead, I would want it to maintain the same size as the 27 inch but just cut off the bits that aren't there (i.e. the extra 1-2 inches of monitor that isn't there).

I'm sure you can tell that I'm really struggling to word this in a way that makes sense. I hope someone can make sense of this and help me out with this. Any assistance would be appreciated.