Which casing is good for silent operation? Cooler Master silencio 652s or Fractal design Define R5?

Kevin Lau
Go to solution Solved by lukky211111,

i own the efne r5 and am working on geting my build done and ive been doing some tinkering in it and its such an amazing case :) id definetly get it if i were you the cable management options on it are awesome and just being able to take out the drive cages and its just awesome.

I just wanna ask a question Which casing is good for silent operation? Cooler Master  silencio 652s or Fractal design Define R5? Thanks :)

If a leaf falls, Let it pick it up by itself and it will learn how to pick itself up with the wind

CPU: Core I5 4460 @ 3.2GHZ Cooler: Stock Cooler(future Upgrade to AIO Cooler) GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 750TI 2GB Mobo: Asus Z97 Pro Gamer Ram: 12GB Crucial DDR3 1600MHZ( 4GB By 3) Case: cooler master silencio 652s HDD: Seagate 240GB(Main) WD Caviar blue 1TB(Games etc.) Seagate slim backup drive 1TB(USB 3)

I just wanna ask a question Which casing is good for silent operation? Cooler Master  silencio 652s or Fractal design Define R5? Thanks :)

R5 is better. But, personally, I like R4 version more.

I would go with the define R5, but if you do want fully silent operation then I recommend that you go for the be quiet silent base 800, but I'm not sure how easy that would be to find in Singapore or the price.

PS don't forget to follow your own topics. :)

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Go for the Define R5 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

I personally think the r5 looks ugly. I mean, look at the top... only my opinion though. I would go with the coolermaster.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

i have the define R5, and the only reason i can hear it is because my rear exhaust is a jade loon thats dying a painful death.

I would go with the define R5, but if you do want fully silent operation then I recommend that you go for the be quiet silent base 800, but I'm not sure how easy that would be to find in Singapore or the price.

PS don't forget to follow your own topics. :)

Woops. I forgotten to follow it. Thanks for the heads up! :-) and yup. You can never find be quiet cases Here in Singapore. Mostly are common cases brand like fractal design,corsair, cooler master etc. But I am aiming at fractal design R5 but its S$148 without side window and S$169 with side window. Have to consider though

If a leaf falls, Let it pick it up by itself and it will learn how to pick itself up with the wind

CPU: Core I5 4460 @ 3.2GHZ Cooler: Stock Cooler(future Upgrade to AIO Cooler) GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 750TI 2GB Mobo: Asus Z97 Pro Gamer Ram: 12GB Crucial DDR3 1600MHZ( 4GB By 3) Case: cooler master silencio 652s HDD: Seagate 240GB(Main) WD Caviar blue 1TB(Games etc.) Seagate slim backup drive 1TB(USB 3)

I personally think the r5 looks ugly. I mean, look at the top... only my opinion though. I would go with the coolermaster.

Cooler master is pretty good but their cable management is not that good though.

i have the define R5, and the only reason i can hear it is because my rear exhaust is a jade loon thats dying a painful death.

I wouldn't like my PC to sound like a jet trying to take off from my desk though. My current PC case is pretty quiet but all fans were turn down to have that silent noise.

i own the efne r5 and am working on geting my build done and ive been doing some tinkering in it and its such an amazing case :) id definetly get it if i were you the cable management options on it are awesome and just being able to take out the drive cages and its just awesome.

askdjfasdf

Based on majority of the reviews, Define R5 wins. It will now depend on your preference.

Hmm yeah. I would want to get it but the price is pretty high on my own budget. I am aiming on that casing though.

Based on majority of the reviews, Define R5 wins. It will now depend on your preference.

Yeah. Based on review of Linus himself and other reviews too. That case wins but like the other replies. Its the price that is pretty high for my budget.

I wouldn't like my PC to sound like a jet trying to take off from my desk though. My current PC case is pretty quiet but all fans were turn down to have that silent noise.

mine was dead silent, until i added the fans, which were a "gift" from a friend. (now i know why he didnt want them)

the 2 fans included with the define r5 are dead silent as well. (i suggest picking up two more of them for more airflow)

mine was dead silent, until i added the fans, which were a "gift" from a friend. (now i know why he didnt want them)

the 2 fans included with the define r5 are dead silent as well. (i suggest picking up two more of them for more airflow)

Oohh. I got lots of fans lying around in my room. I got like 5 fans. All are DC fans. 2 from CM, 2 from gigabyte and one is corsair SP120. I am using a Asus motherboard so at least I can control the fans even in DC mode. Still would go for R5 though.