only able to select 30hz via hdmi

dtronicsuk

hey guys

i have noticed that windows and games are using 30hz despite my tv can support upto 60hz, is there a way to make my gpu use 60hz all the time or is this some limitation with hdmi

screen shot below

any help would be appreciated cheers

post-28770-0-85333700-1429351301_thumb.j

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

Two questions.

What happens when you are trying to use 1920x1080? And what are you using as a monitor?

Edit: If you want to try. Then it's possible to customize, and add your own resolution/refresh rate.

Is that a TV? 

I'm asking because not only shows 30 Hz but 1080i (interlaced), so it's already at 60 Hz (60 Hz half frame, 30 Hz Full frame)

This is a signature.

If your running 1080i then it's not a HDMI limitation. 

I would try doing a clean re-install of the Nvidia drivers. I have had issues in the passed with Nvidia drivers when it comes to refresh rate.

If that doesn't work I would check if it's a true 60hz TV. Just like TV today. They claim these fake hz ratings but really they arn't. You could have a 30hz TV with image processing claiming 60hz. 

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

its my old samsung tv, i cant select 1080p/i because it doesnt support it (i just get mode not supported), the native res is 1360x768, i can confim that the tv can do 60hz (well i am able to use my xbox 360 at 50 and 60hz, but its a console do you really expect it to be right lol)

i remember a while ago i was able to use 60hz and even 75hz but now since changing gpus all i have had is 30hz

my old card was a 8800gts and my new card is a GTX460 1GB

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard