New AMD cpu

GUzmani

New amd cpu that will arrive in january 2016.

Nooo this time it won't be 220 Giga Watt Cpu from AMD.

This time .....95 watt --- (MAX)

Codename: "summit ridge"

Cpu will be 14nm 8 core 16 thread cpu --- (that will rely on DirectX 12)

8 real cores.

What are your thoughts about this cpu?

http://wccftech.com/...mance-core-wip/

What are your thoughts about this cpu?

A source.

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

AMD's new Zen architecture is expected in beginning of 2016.

That's their first chance to leave behind bulldozer based designs.

Source?

Intel I7 4770k 4.2ghz, Asus Maximus VI Hero,16 gb Corsair Ram(1600 mhz), GTX 780 Classified, 1000w EVGA Supernova Powersupply,Corsair h100i
250 GB Samsung 840 Evo Solid State Drive(OS Drive), 120 GB Corsair Solid State Drive, 1 Terabyte Western Digital Drive
(Blue)

When creating a thread in the News subforum, please make sure your post meets the following criteria:

• Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is.
  • Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.
  • Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags (the speech bubble at the top of the editor, under the   :)) to show that you have copied this content from another site.
  • The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required.
  • If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.

I told him,  we already have one.  snicker snicker.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

edit the OP to put that link in it.  Add just a little more on what you think. And she'll be good enough for jazz.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

So  a cpu with 8 real cores and 16 fake cores instead of a cpu with 8 fake cores and 4 real ones? from AMD awesome!

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

First of all its WCCFtech not much you can say about it other than speculate blindly.

Second AMD does not have 14nm tech,only intel and samsung have it.Samsung never announced they will make chips for amd.The other option is 16nm from TSCM.

Third if it relies on DX12(a cpu cannot rely on any directx or opengl) it means it has graphics in it.

-If it has graphics in it AMD might be setting up itself for another fail.

-If that 8 core costs as much as an i7 and doesnt have similar performance or better,its a fail as soon as they release.They need to remove iGPU to reduce costs even more such that if they can match performance and have a much cheaper CPU = complete success.No one will buy i7's anymore,if you can get similar AMD cpu 100$ cheaper without iGPU(useless),thats what amd needs to achieve and understand that the future IS NOT FUSION(of cpu/gpu),in order to make profit at the same itme.

WCCf is as full of hot air as AMD products are, stop using them as the only source people! We've been over this 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

AMD's new Zen architecture is expected in beginning of 2016.

That's their first chance to leave behind bulldozer based designs.

I read in an article somewhere were they were still calling them modules ¬_¬ They definitely will not be based off of bulldozer architecture right?

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

This post should be in off-topic, rumors are not news.

Why is there a fly on my screen when I see your profile pic??? :P

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

WCCf is as full of hot air as AMD products are, stop using them as the only source people! We've been over this 

Jesus...

Don't shit yourself.

I'm not sure how the LTT community stooped so low. Did anyone even bother to read the freaking article ? wccf isn't even the source. They link directly to the Linux patch in which this information was revealed.

I can't comment on something that is a year and a half years away.

Could you quantify that please?

Why is there a fly on my screen when I see your profile pic??? :P

Fixed, for the moment you shouldn't see the fly anymore.

nice  ^_^

"According to sweclockers, the new core will first make its debut to desktop processors inside the Summit Ridge family of products. Which will feature up to 8 Zen CPU cores under a frugal 95W TDP. Which indicates that the new CPU core will be highly power efficient. According to the same source the Summit Ridge family of products will debut on a new FM3 socket, will support DDR4 memory and will be built on 14nm FinFET."

Good luck Amd,

I pray for your future

"If a man has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live."   -Martin Luther King, Jr