need new monitor 27 prefer IPS and more than 60hz but (I don't want to spend 800+)

xgamex
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,

Im not on a budget hell i can even spend 800 if i want to on acer but what will be the gain is above 60 hz teally worth and is gsync can my 970 take full advantage (people reporting black light bleeding at such expensive premium monitor)

All LCDs have some amount of backlight bleed, it's just a matter of degree and it varies on a unit by unit basis. You can't really avoid it by ordering a certain monitor, although it's more likely with the cheap korean monitors.

I think >60Hz and G-Sync do both make a visible difference. Whether or not it's worth the huge extra premium is a personal decision.

hello guys title says it all I'm looking for a monitor since one month now but cant decide which one is good for me . in basic need 27 inch 1440p that's for gaming and for some reason i don't want to pay 800 usd for it (specially to acer don't trust their quality and asus tn panel coz its tn panel).

my specs:
Intel 4690k
8 GB ram
970gtx

monitor S24C750
some ssd and stuff doesn't matter

games:mostly mmo 

LOL

GW2

aion

some BF like 4 and hardline

shadow of mordor

witcher

monitor should be:
27 inch (must)
1440P (must)
refresh rate (don't really know now at 60hz, prefer higher if it it will help)
panel type (ah-va now don't know if i want to go tn thinking ips would be more to the point)
response time (6 ms now don't see any bad blur )
price point (prefer if it under 500$ although can spend more cant justify it in my head not for monitor)

* was thinking of going Korean monitor but not sure about input lag refresh and response time if they are good enough will go for one.
* all the above is flexible including budget except size and res plz help me as am going crazy coming empty

BenQ GW2765HT

PB278Q

U2715H

thanks for suggestion looked them all up before they have horrible input lag and response timing

thanks for suggestion looked them all up before they have horrible input lag and response timing

The Dell has about 7ms of latency which is incredibly low... The response time is about as low as you can expect from an IPS type panel too, it doesn't really have any ghosting issues. Monitors with slow response times hardly exist anymore, pretty much all monitors are as low as 8-10ms or even less (not that the numbers mean much).

The Dell has about 7ms of latency which is incredibly low... The response time is about as low as you can expect from an IPS type panel too, it doesn't really have any ghosting issues. Monitors with slow response times hardly exist anymore, pretty much all monitors are as low as 8-10ms or even less (not that the numbers mean much).

then wont this one do the same job not trying to go cheap as much as not spend on just a name like dell and this one over clock to like 90 hz  

http://www.amazon.com/QNIX-QX2710-Evolution-2560x1440-Perfect/dp/B00CAKD6LI/ref=sr_1_193?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1429351430&sr=1-193

* from your posts around you seem like an expert i suck at this lol i want the best i can get for the money for gamin strictly gaming if you were the one choosing the monitor which one would you go for even if its something not mentioned here or not IPS or even a bit more money 

then wont this one do the same job not trying to go cheap as much as not spend on just a name like dell and this one over clock to like 90 hz  

http://www.amazon.com/QNIX-QX2710-Evolution-2560x1440-Perfect/dp/B00CAKD6LI/ref=sr_1_193?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1429351430&sr=1-193

what an ugly monitor.

It depends what kind of gamer you are. Only competitive players need the fastest possible. For casual gamers all of those would be fine.

It depends what kind of gamer you are. Only competitive players need the fastest possible. For casual gamers all of those would be fine.

will let me put it like this i play a lot of games if im not at work im playing a game not really competitive but don't want  a real 1 frame skipping like the BenQ and last question would 120 or 144 Hz make that much better experience and what would you get for your self in 400-800 range (i know that's big range but if i have to break the bank to get good one i would eyes toward acer xb270hu :P

* from your posts around you seem like an expert i suck at this lol i want the best i can get for the money for gamin strictly gaming if you were the one choosing the monitor which one would you go for even if its something not mentioned here or not IPS or even a bit more money

Yeah, I mean if you're on a budget and you want a 1440p monitor then the Korean eBay brands like QNIX are decent options. But aside from the actual panel itself they're very limited. If you don't mind a 25" size instead of 27" you could take a look at the U2515H which is similar in price for a much better monitor, but the QNIX will do the job if you want.

Im not on a budget hell i can even spend 800 if i want to on acer but what will be the gain is above 60 hz teally worth and is gsync can my 970 take full advantage (people reporting black light bleeding at such expensive premium monitor)

All LCDs have some amount of backlight bleed, it's just a matter of degree and it varies on a unit by unit basis. You can't really avoid it by ordering a certain monitor, although it's more likely with the cheap korean monitors.

I think >60Hz and G-Sync do both make a visible difference. Whether or not it's worth the huge extra premium is a personal decision.

@xgamex

I don't think you can purchase a monitor that's above 60Hz, and IPS and 27" that's below 800. I have a monitor that does well for me (PB278Q) which is only 60Hz. But it's 1440p. I think it's fine.

Hope this helps.

Dual Boot Windows & Hackintosh

CPU: Intel 4790K | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Hero Vii | GPU: Zotac AMP! Extreme GTX 970 | Display: ASUS PB278Q | Case: Phantom 630 | PSU: Corsair HX1000i 

Canada eh? 

since bleeding unavoidable and it does make difference to have high ref rate and g-sync i decided what the hell placed an order in amazon uk for it mechanical keyboard and ssd 250 the acer one (i know myself better if i buy anything less i will keep telling my self i should've got that and will re-spend again) hopefully will get it soon since am shipping overseas :P 

Asus PB278Q gets my (and Linus') personal seal of approval.

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65