I Think my PC Is dying! Plz help!

HectiKCookiE

For a while now my PC has been doing weird stuff like random lock ups and shut downs with nothing overclocked, and when I restart it, shut it down or reset it when it starts up agian it doesn't put out anything to the display and the keyboard and mouse don't light up and it can hear the graphics card fan going fast then slow, fast then slow and over and over. The only way to fix it is pull out the bios battery and power plug and hold down the power button and some time that doesn't even work. It has done this with two different mobo's an asrock 970 pro 3 r2.0 and my new MSI 970 gaming. I have no idea what the problem is and how to fix it. It's so F***ing annoying!

PCPP http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Vg96f7 CPU: Intel i7 4790K MoBo: Gigabyte Z97X S.O.C Ram: G.Skill 2x 8gb GPU: 2x AMD R9 290x in CrossFire SoundCard: Creative Sound Blaster z Case: NZXT H440 RED/BLK Storage: 2x Intel 520s 120gb Raid 0 + 2tb Seagate 7200 PSU: EVGA 1000W G2 Fully Modular Display: Samsung UHD 4K 28'' KeyBoard: Corsair K65 RGB Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T 7 Sound: Logitech z506 OS: Windows 10 TP

For a while now my PC has been doing weird stuff like random lock ups and shut downs with nothing overclocked, and when I restart it, shut it down or reset it when it starts up agian it doesn't put out anything to the display and the keyboard and mouse don't light up and it can hear the graphics card fan going fast then slow, fast then slow and over and over. The only way to fix it is pull out the bios battery and power plug and hold down the power button and some time that doesn't even work. It has done this with two different mobo's an asrock 970 pro 3 r2.0 and my new MSI 970 gaming. I have no idea what the problem is and how to fix it. It's so F***ing annoying!

My $5 says it's the HDD/SSD going out/becoming corrupt.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Your SSD or HDD must be flippin' out. Try and back up as much info onto something before it's too late.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Your SSD or HDD must be flippin' out. Try and back up as much info onto something before it's too late.

No I can't be because it doesn't show anything on the display and my keyboard and mouse don't light up like they do if I go into the bios with no SSDS connected.

PCPP http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Vg96f7 CPU: Intel i7 4790K MoBo: Gigabyte Z97X S.O.C Ram: G.Skill 2x 8gb GPU: 2x AMD R9 290x in CrossFire SoundCard: Creative Sound Blaster z Case: NZXT H440 RED/BLK Storage: 2x Intel 520s 120gb Raid 0 + 2tb Seagate 7200 PSU: EVGA 1000W G2 Fully Modular Display: Samsung UHD 4K 28'' KeyBoard: Corsair K65 RGB Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T 7 Sound: Logitech z506 OS: Windows 10 TP

I had similar issues when my PSU was dying.

Really? I'm pretty fond of my PSU I hope that's not the problem. We're there any other signs that it was dying PSU.

No I can't be because it doesn't show anything on the display and my keyboard and mouse don't light up like they do if I go into the bios with no SSDS connected.

Maybe your GPU?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Maybe your GPU?

I thought that too but I tested it with an old nvidia gpu and it still did it.

I thought that too but I tested it with an old nvidia gpu and it still did it.

So basically... There are no issues with anything whilst in the BIOS screen. Yet when at the desktop all these issues are occuring. It could be your CPU. It may need some thermal paste?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Motherboard going bad?

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

try safe mode first 

to backup your data

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

or a linux live cd

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

So basically... There are no issues with anything whilst in the BIOS screen. Yet when at the desktop all these issues are occuring. It could be your CPU. It may need some thermal paste?

No I can't even get to the bios when I'm having this issue

Motherboard going bad?

No can't be that, it's brand new and the old one did the same

No can't be that, it's brand new and the old one did the same

Then its either the CPU, the RAM, or the PSU. Do you have a substitute PSU, ram or CPU?

Then its either the CPU, the RAM, or the PSU. Do you have a substitute PSU, ram or CPU?

Nope. I've got nothing

Nope. I've got nothing

Any friends to swap RAM/PSU's with?

It's too random to be a RAM issue and CPUs either work or don't. It's power supply plain and simple. Hard drive crashes don't cause a no POST situation.

Random lockups, restarts and boot hang ups are a sure sign of a failing PSU. And a failing PSU likes to take other components down with it when it finally croaks.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

sounds like a power supply issue. \

Best to swap power supplys if you can. or if ya have buddy loan ya one. Also when you go buy a new Power supply id recommend buy a good high joules surge protector like 2000 joules. If you have one already check if the surge protector light is on ans says surge protection is on. If its off throw it out and do as said last sentence or could claim warranty. ive toasted to many electronics without surge protectors. I swear by them!

Also you can do test with hardware like ram hdd etc http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/. has lots software on it for free. like memtest hd sentinel and so on. great piece of software for techys 

Amd fx-8320 oc 4.1ghz, 8gb ram, gtx 780ti 3gb, 240gb ssd, 1.5tb hdd,

I just checked the ram in my dads PC and it works just fine an detected all 16gbs. Looks like I'm gonna ha to RMA it. I really liked it

Nope. I've got nothing

Try using one stick of ram at a time. If it works with one and not the other then you know you've got a dead stick of ram. That's what happened to me when I had something like this occur

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

Try using one stick of ram at a time. If it works with one and not the other then you know you've got a dead stick of ram. That's what happened to me when I had something like this occur

I tried no ram, ram stick 1, ram stick 2 and then both stick all had the same problem and I just tried another graphics card and still had the same problem. So it either the PSU or CPU.