Question | Want to upgrade but dont know if I should

DarKWolFPS2
Go to solution Solved by alphaproject,

It won't kill your CPU man. I had the GTX 275 in my duo core. Was great at the time.

I cannot also tell you enough how much the I5/i7 cores are a full 2x speed improvement over that duo core...it's sick. You have some cool upgrades to look forward to so don't limit yourself by getting the 750.

I don't believe you can ruin your GPU's performance by the CPU. Sure it might not be the best CPU for gaming anymore but the GPU handles mostly everything in games besides a few...

Just look at the 750ti vs 760....the 760 is still not a HUGE upgrade....to most people...but it is at least 2x better than the 260.

Hey guys, I have a question about my pc.

My current setup is :

Intel q6700 2.66Ghz

Nvidia GTX 260 (not the 216 sp)

4 Gb ram

520 seasonic psu

Intel MB DG43RK (http://ark.intel.com/products/43604/Intel-Desktop-Board-DG43RK)

So as you can see, my pc is rather old/slow for today's standart, served me well though.

Now i'm prob not gonna buy a new pc anytime soon due to the lack of time and money.

So, how about upgrading the the graphics card (and ram along the way, dont worry)?

Now i thought about GTX 750 Ti since i think my cpu would bottle neck it less then other gpus out there.

The question is, will i see any improvments at all?

I mean, the GTX 260 was a really decent card for his time but how is it hold down againts GTX 750 Ti.

Yea i saw benchmarks but my question is not if the 750 Ti is better card because it is.

The question is, with my cpu bottlenecking the card, will I see any improvments at all?

Excuse my english guys, it's not my native language.

Thanks alot!

Edit:

*playing on 1080p resolution.

*the cpu isn't overclocked (cause my mb won't let me)

*games i would like to play : FarCry 4, GTA V, AC:U - (all of them even on low preset)

What's your budget? You should probably upgrade graphics card

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Wow thanks for the fast respond.

umm i think the budget is around the 750 Ti price, not limited to that price though.

if you have better options, go ahead.

now i have to go to work so i'll respond to you\r comments later.

thanks, please answear my is it worth question. 

Have a nice day!

I'll say get yourself a r7 260x or a 750 ti depending on what better deal you get, pretty much worth it you will notice a difference.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

If you want to upgrade I would recommend either the 750ti or the R9 270. Also more dedotated wam.

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

Look to getting the GTX 760... you're only hope. The 750ti is garbage...it's not worth anyone's time if you want to game. I'm a total cheapskate so I know you don't want to waste your money.

You can do 1-2 options that are better. Save up... get a used GTX 760/770 OR get a used 7870/280 that was not used in mining. Just no to the 750....it's really far behind the 760.

Look to getting the GTX 760... you're only hope. The 750ti is garbage...it's not worth anyone's time if you want to game. I'm a total cheapskate so I know you don't want to waste your money.

You can do 1-2 options that are better. Save up... get a used GTX 760/770 OR get a used 7870/280 that was not used in mining. Just no to the 750....it's really far behind the 760.

The 760 will kill my cpu man.. the bottleneck would be higher then the gtx 750 Ti so what's the point of buying 760?

I mean, for the future it's better if i'll upgrade my cpu, buy i dont think i'll you know?

BTW why alot of people say that GTX 750 Ti sucks? the benchmarks doesn't look that bad..

Guys please take a look at the games listed up there.

I'm sorry if my opinion's stupiud and maybe i know nothing but you know..

looking for the best answers that you guys knowen for providing.

And, i'll see an improvement over my gtx260 with either the 750 ti or the gtx 760?

It won't kill your CPU man. I had the GTX 275 in my duo core. Was great at the time.

I cannot also tell you enough how much the I5/i7 cores are a full 2x speed improvement over that duo core...it's sick. You have some cool upgrades to look forward to so don't limit yourself by getting the 750.

I don't believe you can ruin your GPU's performance by the CPU. Sure it might not be the best CPU for gaming anymore but the GPU handles mostly everything in games besides a few...

Just look at the 750ti vs 760....the 760 is still not a HUGE upgrade....to most people...but it is at least 2x better than the 260.

So it should be a big upgrade for me even though my cpu will bottleneck it pretty hard?

games like FC4, AC:U, Skyrim, GTA V would work fine on good fps? (rate it low to ultra).

I dont have much time for gaming these days so if i'll play games, they'll be those games.

Edit: wait, i dont think my motherboard will support this card (gtx760) (pci e 3.0)

You motherboard doesn't run at 3.0 but the card itself is 3.0 compatible. All the cards will do is match your motherboard's speed.

You motherboard doesn't run at 3.0 but the card itself is 3.0 compatible. All the cards will do is match your motherboard's speed.

Oh.. ok man...

and you didn't answerd about the games so i'll take that as a yes, i'll run them with good fps.

Thanks alot for helping me (all the other guys also)

I think i'll go the GTX 760, it'll perform well beyond my gtx260 on my current setup.

and when i can, i'll change the MB+CPU+RAM to maximize the performance i'll get from the card.

Thanks guys