WU ETA 20 Hours

Every WU I've had until now have had an ETA of about 6 hours max, but this project (10468) is giving me a WU ETA of 20 and a half hours, just curious as to if this is accurate or if it may be guessing longer than it will actually take

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Every WU I've had until now have had an ETA of about 6 hours max, but this project (10468) is giving me a WU ETA of 20 and a half hours, just curious as to if this is accurate or if it may be guessing longer than it will actually take

wait till its 1% or more, i had the same problem, it should go back down. 

wait till its 1% or more, i had the same problem, it should go back down. 

I started this previously, I'm currently at 40%

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I started this previously, I'm currently at 40%

:( i think its going to take 20 hours. someone that does this a lot more hopefully says otherwise. 

U got alot of mathto do

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

I think it's correct, those WU's take about 12 hours on my 280x, but it's more rewarding than other WU's.

It can be worse though, 13000 and 13001 take up to 18 hours on my 280x.

Is the 40% completion read from the log or the client progress?

Also, if there's been a drivers crash, the WU progress bar will still move, but it actually isn't doing anything, so it could be that

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Is the 40% completion read from the log or the client progress?

Also, if there's been a drivers crash, the WU progress bar will still move, but it actually isn't doing anything, so it could be that

I've noticed that happens to me too. It's a strange bug that needs to be addressed because you're lead to believe that the gpu is folding when it's actually not. You would know whether or not you're folding by checking gpu activity (in the AMD Overdrive section for the AMD CCC) and also evidence of activity by higher gpu temps. The fix is pretty simple, just pause the client and wait a minute until the client "kills" the gpu slot. Wait for confirmation that it's paused (by the yellow highlighted text), then start again and it should pick up where the checkpoint file left off. Obviously if you have the checkpoint set at the default 30 minutes, you might have lost possibly that much time but setting your checkpoint shorter does cut out some overall performance because it needs to stop periodically and save. Also, I think the progress bar on the gpu slot will be off slightly thereafter until you get a new WU. The accurate, updated percentage numbers will be in the log.

I've also noticed a couple times if you press finish, that also acts like a driver crash/re-initialization. gpu activity will immediately stop but the progress bar keeps going, lol. If you're going to press finish, be sure to look at the log for the next percentage update number to ensure that it's continuing to fold.

@Whaler_99 not sure if this is covered in the faq already, but it's good info to know.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

I've noticed that happens to me too. It's a strange bug that needs to be addressed because you're lead to believe that the gpu is folding when it's actually not. You would know whether or not you're folding by checking gpu activity (in the AMD Overdrive section for the AMD CCC) and also evidence of activity by higher gpu temps. The fix is pretty simple, just pause the client and for a couple minutes until the client "kills" the gpu slot. Wait for confirmation that it's paused (by the yellow highlighted text), then start again and it should pick up where the checkpoint file left off. Obviously if you have the checkpoint set at the default 30 minutes, you might have lost possibly that much time but setting your checkpoint shorter does cut out some overall performance because it needs to stop periodically and save. Also, I think the progress bar on the gpu slot will be off slightly thereafter until you get a new WU. The accurate, updated percentage numbers will be in the log.

I've also noticed a couple times if you press finish, that also acts like a driver crash/re-initialization. gpu activity will immediately stop but the progress bar keeps going, lol. If you're going to press finish, be sure to look at the log for the next percentage update number.

@Whaler_99 not sure if this is covered in the faq already, but it's good info to know.

I have to say that I've always had to restart F@H to get it to fold again (quit and re-launch)

Also I'm pretty sure it's the driver's fault and not F@H, but I could be wrong on that one :/

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

I have to say that I've always had to restart F@H to get it to fold again

I've done this too...but in the process the client actually deleted the entire WU and I had to start with a new downloaded one. Really bad if that was a 12+ hour eta WU. I say if you want to restart, at least pause the client first and wait for the yellow highlights, then restart the client, click fold, and it should again pick up where the checkpoint file left off.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν