Asus Zenfone 5 (Review)

ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

Hey Guys! So I had bought the Asus Zenfone 5 around 20 days ago and I love it. It's way better than my previous phones (Nokias)

So now I think i'm good enough to do a review of the phone.

In The Box:

User Manual

Warranty Card

Charger

USB Cable

The Zenfone 5!

Starting from SPECIFICATIONS:

Well for a good start, the Zenfone 5 A501CG hoists

• Android KitKat and is fully updatable to lolipop.
  • It has a 5-inch Capacitive Touchscreen
  • Comes with Powerful Corning Gorilla Glass 3
  • The Camera is very good. 8 MP Pixel Master Camera with Auto Focus
  • Expandable Storage Capacity of 64 GB!
  • Android OS v4.4 (KitKat)
  • 2 GB RAM
  • Intel Atom Processor with Hyper-Threading Technology

It has 1280x720p Resolution.

Packing a 1.2 GHz Intel dual core processor, PowerVR GPU and 2 GB RAM, this thing is far beyond amazing(for that budget, really).

Customizable with the Asus' ZenUI. (Take my word, it made my life easier.)

It has got Dual Sim, as it says. It's not really wanted though. I just use one, which is way enough for me.

One thing that I liked is it has Glove-Touch Feature in it. It also has 60 MS Response time.

CAMERA:

The Camera as said, is really good. I'll put some pics later on. (The phone as well as it's camera clicked pics).

The in-built editor is also good and doesn't require any other software for editing., But if you're looking for high-end editing stuff, then you can install one withought fuss.

It also sports a 2MP Front Camera. I had a very good experience with it. Nice pics (selfies) and amazing when using in Skype.

SOUND:

The sound isn't the greatest in the Zenfone 5. It's low, not to mention the unwanted sounds that are here. EVen on high volume, it's a bit low. Lower than my Nokia. That's what disappointed me. While Gaming, of course, it's okay~ish. I don't play much games which require Sound, so I don't know how it orks in games.

Of course, it has MP3. It's okay. As said, not too loud, not too low. It's in between.If watching a video, you'd have to switch off the fan so that you can listen clearly.

BATTERY:

Now a days, Battery life  is a major factor. Many of the people I know buy the phones based on Battery Life. The Zenfone 5, has a 2110mAh in-built Lithium-Ion Battery. Though it looks like it's good, it's not. On a continuous use, it ont last you 5 hours. (Depends on what you're using it for).

It disappointed me as well. I have to keep a powerbank with me so that I don't run out of power. Really disappointing. It also has this weird overheating issue. It overheats sometimes, sometimes not. Sometimes if I use the web, sometimes not if I play games for an hour! (?)So truly, I hate the battery life of this phone. The only major Drawback.

MEMORY:

The one I got has 8GB Internal Storage and is expandable upto 64GB. The 16GB Variants are also in the market. It also gives you free 5GB of Asus Cloud Storage. Something I like about it :D

The internal storage is too low. So I have to move most of my apps that are moveable to the 8GB SD Card. Should've got the 16GB Variant.

It's very good. The data I have currently seems ultra-secure. I haven't had a data loss till now. I tried putting and removing the same thing about 20 times, no changes. It's solid as rock.

DIMENSIONS:

The phone is very good. It's 5-inches in size. So it almost exceeds my palm size. It's not that heavy as I thought it would be. It's just 145g. It doesn't feel like. It's 72.8x148.2x10.34 mm in dimensions. Just so you know.

INTERNET & CONNECTIVITY:

• Bluetooth:

It has Bluetooth v4, Supported Profiles (A2DP, EDR). I don't know WTF they mean, so I'm not writing about that shit. But BT is damn fast. 

• Navigation:

A-GPS, GLONASS, with Google Maps. It's really good. The GPS. Functions well, shows me street that I didn't even know existed, evein in my locality. Really good.

• WiFi:

Yes, 802.11 b/g/n. I don't get good reception. I get weak signal downstairs, when the Router is kept just on the first floor. But it's very fast when I have good or excellent signals/Reception.

• Stuff I don't want to get in:
    GPRS Yes EDGE Yes USB Connectivity Yes 3G

Yes, 42 Mbps HSDPA; 5.76 Mbps HSUPA, HSPA+

DISPLAY:

It has HD Screen, with  1280 x 720 Pixels. Really good, I must say. (For that price).

Capacitive Touch Screen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, IPS Display, Supports Glove Touch Input, 10-finger Multi-touch Panel.

Well, It has Processor 1.2 GHz + Intel Atom Z2520 Processor with Intel Hyper Threading Technology, Dual Core.

Well for now, That's it. I'll pe posting much more stuff, a little bit later though. I'll do some vigourous benchmarks. Some pics etc.

How's my guide? I didn't like it myself -_-

Thanks!

EDIT: How is it? What did I miss?

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Reserved for Pics.

post-29727-0-38038600-1429250170_thumb.j

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Reserved for Benchmarks.

COMING SOON

It pains me to tell you if you bought this 20 days ago, but the zenfone 2 is massively better at close to the same price.

Yes I know. I am regreatting it :(

But it isn't yet avilable in my country and I desperately wanted a phone.

COMING SOON

Nice review. I was thinking about geting this phone the 720p version because I though it will last really long with that big battery but now I am dissapointed. I will keep my Lumia 920 for quite longer it seems.

Still waiting to see how Zenfone 2 will turn out to be.

Nice review. I was thinking about geting this phone the 720p version because I though it will last really long with that big battery but now I am dissapointed. I will keep my Lumia 920 for quite longer it seems.

take a look at the zenfone 2, it's better and newer.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

take a look at the zenfone 2, it's better and newer.

Yes I know but is still not available in here. So still depends on the price they will ask for it.

No bro. The battery is the worst. I have never expereinced something like that. It doesn't last long.

COMING SOON

No bro. The battery is the worst. I have never expereinced something like that. It doesn't last long.

I have only 2000mAh battery on my Lumia an that is 4.5" 720p display and I can last whole day in work. The display is ON about 6hrs a day while browsing web over 3G and Edge and I still have a little battery power on the way home.

So it is really hard for me to find better phone these days because I am not willing to trade that battery longetivity and I dont want to carry battery banks with me.

(Needles to say that I am using UC Browser for browsing because if I used default Internet Explorer I probably wouldnt last 4 hours for some reason. And Skype drains battery like tourist drinks water in the desert for some reason.. most demanding app in my phone. It makes my phone so hot its unbelievable).

I have only 2000mAh battery on my Lumia an that is 4.5" 720p display and I can last whole day in work. The display is ON about 6hrs a day while browsing web over 3G and Edge and I still have a little battery power on the way home.

So it is really hard for me to find better phone these days because I am not willing to trade that battery longetivity and I dont want to carry battery banks with me.

(Needles to say that I am using UC Browser for browsing because if I used default Internet Explorer I probably wouldnt last 4 hours for some reason. And Skype drains battery like tourist drinks water in the desert for some reason.. most demanding app in my phone. It makes my phone so hot its unbelievable).

Yea. Skype is like that. I've got to admit. Though fro browsing I use GC. How is UC Browser? I used to have it in my old Nokia. It was good back then. I don't know how it is now.

COMING SOON

Yea. Skype is like that. I've got to admit. Though fro browsing I use GC. How is UC Browser? I used to have it in my old Nokia. It was good back then. I don't know how it is now.

It is really good.

You can manage a lot of tabs easily so multitasking is joy. And I mainly use it because it has really aggresive data savings. I mean... if I dont watch videos I can last entire month with only 300MB data plan which costs me only 3€. And if I use it up my carrier will drasticaly reduce my internet speed wchich I wont notice with that data saving option turned on. If I turn it off and I am limited then web pages take minutes to load.

Well.. webpages dont look very good with that thing tuned on but they still work so no issues.

Overall, a rather poor review that makes you seem easily impressed with not so impressive stuff. Although, I would probably write an ever worse review lol.

Overall, a rather poor review that makes you seem easily impressed with not so impressive stuff. Although, I would probably write an ever worse review lol.

hey! Well this is kinda my first review. So don't really know much. But really. Even with those couple of drawbacks, it is a very good mobile. I'm comparing it on the basis of price. That's why it seems bang for the buck. :) thanks for the feedback though, just let me know where I can improve!

COMING SOON

Reserved for Pics.

That camera looks horrible :o

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

-snip-

Well written, hit a lot of useful points. Interesting that the phone is 5" yet almost the same size as a lot of 5.7" phones.

Did they actually release Lollipop for it?

Battery life should have been expected. It's a 5" device, and you're playing games for over an hour on it? Of course it'll devour the battery.

You have to remember, the backlight is most of what kills the battery, not the extra pixels on the screen.

The Sony Z3 Compact is probably the best phone for you. They get absolutely amazing battery life, likely better than the Lumia you have now.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Pretty poor post.

It'd be more helpful and constructive if you actually gave tips on how he could improve, instead of just bashing him ;)

I thought it was very well done for a first review. He stated several things that he didn't like about it, and that were lacking.

He was impressed by a few things. As most would be with a new toy.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Well written, hit a lot of useful points. Interesting that the phone is 5" yet almost the same size as a lot of 5.7" phones.

Did they actually release Lollipop for it?

Battery life should have been expected. It's a 5" device, and you're playing games for over an hour on it? Of course it'll devour the battery.

You have to remember, the backlight is most of what kills the battery, not the extra pixels on the screen.

The Sony Z3 Compact is probably the best phone for you. They get absolutely amazing battery life, likely better than the Lumia you have now.

well Asus has confirmed that they'll be giving out the update in this month :)

COMING SOON

Pretty poor post.

It'd be more helpful and constructive if you actually gave tips on how he could improve, instead of just bashing him ;)

I thought it was very well done for a first review. He stated several things that he didn't like about it, and that were lacking.

He was impressed by a few things. As most would be with a new toy.

thanks for the support :). Though I still agree with him^^

COMING SOON

It pains me to tell you if you bought this 20 days ago, but the zenfone 2 is massively better at close to the same price.

Is there an announced release date and price for the Zenfone 2

CPU AMD FX-6300 Motherboard MSI 970A-G43 RAM G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2x4GB) GPU PNY GTX 660 Case NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) Storage1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue PSU Corsair 500W Display(s)AOC and Viewsonic Cooling Enermax ETS-T40-TB Keyboard CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid with Blue Switches Dollar Store Mouse Sound Dollar Store Speaker

Is there an announced release date and price for the Zenfone 2

where I live yes, 6th of may (Italy this s). Not sure in the US, but it shouldn't be too far off...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

where I live yes, 6th of may (Italy this s). Not sure in the US, but it shouldn't be too far off...

that's nice..

COMING SOON