Star Wars: Battlefront - 40 Player battles, pre-order and No battlelog

werto165

https://youtu.be/ZwWLns7-xN8

In game render

0UGlqkuHdqwc.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Well the question now is does the game run @30FPS(on console)? DICE seem to always push for 60FPS on "next gen" and hopefully it is for the console players, I'm hoping these options are actually available when it comes to the release. It seems like the most demanding part of the trailer would be all the environments with so many plants. Here's to hoping the gameplay is actually good. Do you think it will be first or third person mostly? DICE seem to do a lot of FPS games so I would probably say that first person is default and third person is an option. However I don't see using a lightsaber as a good experience in first person. 

Dice have confirmed that it will run @60FPS

https://youtu.be/ege4tPDSNoQ?t=4m14s

A mini-update:

The DLC "Battle of Jakku" will be free on december 8th. If you pre-order, you get it a week in advance.

Thanks @ionbasa 

7 Minutes of Star wars Battlefront footage(only described sadly): 
(The footage switches between first- and third-person perspectives, emphasising how Battlefront can be from either view.)

"It's trite to say those seven minutes really feel like Star Wars. Of course they do. By putting all those iconic vehicles, weapons, and characters together, how could they not?"

"But it's clear more is going on to invoke the original trilogy through man small and slight touches. When blasters are fired and hit their mark, there's small eruption of sparks which fizz through the air and puff of smoke. It doesn't look like a typical video game effect, since it's been designed to look like a practical effect, like those used on set in the original movies." 

"when Battlefront comes out there will be no content drawn from the Prequel trilogy whatsoever – has informed a lot of the technology used in production." 

"DICE is a well-funded, successful studio with plenty of talented artists on staff who are more than capable of producing near-photorealistic Stormtroopers or X-Wings, but it's chosen to use extensive photogrammetry, a technique which composites high-resolution scans of real-world objects to create digital assets

"DICE has used this process to create digital impressions of several key props and models used in the original films. It means that not only are the proportions of such objects precise and authentic, but every scratch and blemish of the original object is also translated into the game." 

"What is means is that the X-Wings available in the game are, essentially, the X-Wings from the original movie. Similarly, a comparable process – PBR (physically-based rendering) – was used to make sure the environments display a comparable level of fidelity, with DICE travelling to and scanning many of the key shooting locations used in the original trilogy. It's a fanatical quest for detail that I suspect most people won't consciously notice, though it's one of the silent factors in making this feel so much like Star Wars." 

"There are specific rules that can't be breach, of course, but DICE has been granted enough lateral movement to produce some awesome and unexpected scenarios – Boba Fett tearing it up on Hoth, anyone?" 

"These big moments – the appearance of iconic characters – are being referred to as 'hero' or 'villain' moments. The mechanic behind activating it hasn't been made clear, but some sort of unlock in the game will allow you to spawn in the map as either a hero or a villain (Vader and Boba Fett both appearing in the trailer)." 

'You'll have a unique set of abilities and the power to transform the dynamic of the match in an immediate and powerful way. DICE General Manager Patrick Bach describes as becoming "the boss of the battle. You want to be the first thing everyone wants to take down, because you're super powerful. If someone spawns on the other side as a hero, there will be a clash of giants, of sorts." He wouldn't be drawn on who that hero might be, but surely Luke Skywalker or Yoda aren't beyond the realms of possibility."

"The footage shown at Celebration showcases Walker Assault, one of the game's biggest modes – it's been confirmed that matches will support up to 40 players.

"Large numbers of infantry are taking on a variety of vehicles, and there are plenty of vehicles at the players disposal; producer Ray MacLeod confirmed that "TIE Fighters, X-Wings, AT-ATs, AT-STs, snow speeders, speederbikes, and of course, the Millennium Falcon" will all be playable. It's worth pointing out though that aerial combat will be limited to in-atmosphere dog fights, with space for off limits right now. Bach explains why: "The core of Star Wars battles — the Endors, the Hoths, et cetera — you want to take that to perfection. You want to do it right. Space is hard, right? Not from a [development] perspective, but from a logistical perspective. Is that fun? For us it doesn’t make sense to create a battle above you if you’re fighting other players who are not there to fight. Our focus is to do planetary battles. " 

"Even though the announcement focusses principally on what will no doubt be the core of Battlefront – those epic fantasy battles – some details were also released about Special Missions, which are single-player or co-op (local or online) scenarios and kind of fill the space of a traditional campaign mode. " 

"Battlefront is the first of EA's ten-year partnership with Lucasfilm, and it doesn't appear to just be a tie-in. There are four locations in the game at launch: Tatooine, Hoth, Endor, and Sullust, the last of which has barely been seen before, and DICE is working with Lucasfilm to define the canonical look of this planet." 

" Bach tells me. "That kind of doesn’t exist for Lucasfilm. But where we know that’s the planet where you build the evil gear. That’s where the Empire builds AT-ATs. That’s f***ing awesome. So, what does that look like? We pitched a concept of what it would look like. And we agreed. Yes, this is right, that’s wrong, more this, less that. " 

"Furthermore, those ties with what's happening in the cinematic section of this universe, is underlined by the Battle of Jakku expansion – a free download for everyone who buys the game – which focusses on a battle shortly after the events of Return of the Jedi. As revealed in The Force Awakens panel at Star Wars Celebration, Jakku is a key location in that movie, and it appears like Battlefront's free expansion will be the best way of finding out why there's a huge Star Destroyer buried out in its desert. Who knows? It might even give us the opportunity to put it there." 

6e5cda2895.jpg

NOVEMBER 17th CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH!!

EDIT: the game will not use battlelog, everyone seems to hate it for some reason, but I guess it will make those who were complaining about it happy. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

May the DLC be with you.

may Origin be with you.

may browser plugins be with.

may Required internet access be with you.

I don't care how nice the game is, with EA running the show like Battlefield, it will be ruined.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

may Origin be with you.

I don't care how nice the game is, with EA running the show like Battlefield, it will be ruined.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Not to mention the BS timed exclusivity on console.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Took the words right out of my mouth. Not to mention the BS timed exclusivity on console.

I had not yet herd about that yet. One more nail in the coffin for that game in my opinion.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

may Origin be with you.

One thing I never understood was battlelog. Why can't we have an ACTUAL FUCKING homescreen like console does. I actually preferred bf3 on console due to its simplicity compared to using a fucking web browser on pc.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

One thing I never understood was battlelog. Why can't we have an ACTUAL FUCKING homescreen like console does. I actually preferred bf3 on console due to its simplicity compared to using a fucking web browser on pc.

There must be something wrong with me, I actually really like the battlelog interface, I mostly use my browser when I'm on my PC, so I just bookmark it and it works flawlessly. When you want to change server just alt tab, you don't really need to open origin either(does it automatically). The console UI will just not be suited for PC users imo. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

iirc it was supposed to be a form of DRM, not that it worked.  I agree on the lack of a homescreen, hell Internet access should not be required to play the game anyway. As much as people complain about COD, at least they get the offline and homescreen right.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

There must be something wrong with me, I actually really like the battlelog interface, I mostly use my browser when I'm on my PC, so I just bookmark it and it works flawlessly. When you want to change server just alt tab, you don't really need to open origin either(does it automatically). The console UI will just not be suited for PC users imo. 

One phrase: Offline Access.  Battlelog requires you to be online to play, making it impossible to play single player when the net is down (or non-existent).

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

One phrase: Offline Access.  Battlelog requires you to be online to play, making it impossible to play single player when the net is down (or non-existent).

You can play single player without a connection, I've done it before with battlefield 4... 

You can play single player without a connection, I've done it before with battlefield 4... 

On release, BF3 would not, and to be honest, even if they patched that out, I still would not buy another game using it.

I am going to download BF3 and check that offline access, will take a few hours though.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED

Me too! I cannot wait to see what they have. I just really hope it isn't stale. I want some good Star Wars games to play. :wub:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

On release, BF3 would not, and to be honest, even if they patched that out, I still would not buy another game using it.

Let's be honest though 95% percent of players don't get battlefield for the single player. I'm sure it was just an oversight with battlefield 3, the campaign was shit so not a real issue in my mind. 

may Origin be with you.

Don't care, its Battlefront, if its anything like battlefront 2 I dont care how shitty EA are, i am buying this game and premium

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Let's be honest though 95% percent of players don't get battlefield for the single player. I'm sure it was just an oversight with battlefield 3, the campaign was shit so not a real issue in my mind. 

In your mind maybe. The fact is they (battlefield) have always had a great single player mode, up to Bad company, when they started the COD style campaign instead of the classic campaign, and even BC2 had its own menu system that relied on nothing else being installed (it did not even instal Origin if you bought the DVD copy).

BattleFront 1 and 2 were great, the same gamestyle as the older (pre Bad Company) Battlefield games, and seeing times access, origin and BattleLog, it is going to be a skinpack for Hardline more or less.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Don't care, its Battlefront, if its anything like battlefront 2 I dont care how shitty EA are, i am buying this game and premium

Definitely, I still play Battlefront 2 every day!

I bet it will be streamed from a PC with an XBox One controller so it looks like it's running on a console.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I bet it will be streamed from a PC with an XBox One controller so it looks like it's running on a console.

Well, the first bit is almost guaranteed... But not for the reasons you think.

This is likely going to be demoed on stage. The presenter isn't very well likely to whip a keyboard and mouse out of his ass, and perch them on his lap now will he?

Controllers have their place, and doing a live demo on-stage is most definitely one of those places where it should be used.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

This is likely going to be demoed on stage. The presenter isn't very well likely to whip a keyboard and mouse out of his ass, and perch them on his lap now will he?

Controllers have their place, and doing a live demo on-stage is most definitely one of those places where it should be used.

They're not dedicated enough they need one of these for the demos: 

logitechk400r.jpg

/s

I will diffidently get this game when it comes out. I just don't know if it will be at lunch, still have other games to play and finish. (also already pre-order the Witcher :ph34r:  and getting batman on lunch :wub: )

Controllers have no place. There are alternatives all you need is a chair. You will look less of a twat if you are sitting down in a chair with a mechanical 60 % keyboard and a wireless mouse then if you where standing with a 360 controller. But then I am PCMasterRace so what do I know.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I'd love this game to be good, but if it is anything like the bad launch of BF3. And god for bid anything like BF4, which is still pretty fuckign broken in game, and just general random crashes, then I wont be touching it. God I love'd playing the old games with friends growing up though.

Count me very interested!  

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD