Experiences with non-techies

Wow that's mean.

It's sadly true though.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Okay, that's it. I know technically, they're classified as non-techies, but reading about people that are all like:

"Okay, so one day this guy asked me what a mobo is. ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! NON TECHIE ROFL!" isn't funny.

Cough WinNut cough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Games_Machine

Also, consider an old person couldn't give two shits about if your games machine used interchangeable software or just had one game. And the fact that you play games on it makes it a game. In short, old people don't give two shits about your semantics.

Old people don't give a shit about ANYTHING at all. 

Just like Chuck Norris,...cool!

Don't get mad, get even...

LMAO! that is awesome. never seen that before. I gotta send that to a couple ppl.

It's virtual RAM, very, very slow. Basically using your hard drive as RAM. Not fun or fast. 

One thing I don't get is why people absolutely hate this font. 

http://www.comicsanscriminal.com/

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Thats a funny site, but it makes good points.

If you have been raped, please call 555-555-5555 

vs

Doesn't it? The first one makes me want to laugh, the second one makes me kinda sad.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Thats a funny site, but it makes good points.

vs

Yeah, but why TNR? ARIAL DESERVES MOAR THAN TNR!!!!!

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Yeah, but why TNR? ARIAL DESERVES MOAR THAN TNR!!!!!

Because you got to get with the roman times! 

Doesn't it? The first one makes me want to laugh, the second one makes me kinda sad.

Exactly. 

On a different note, I wonder how many of these posts in this thread are actually experiences with non-techies.

Because you got to get with the roman times! 

FUCK. NO.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I was the only one of my class who knew what a cmd was (secondary school). I facepalmed...v

All my friends are not so into technology, so most of them have their iPhones and iPods >.< rofl

All my friends are not so into technology, so most of them have their iPhones and iPods >.< rofl

Aren't modern iPods just iPhones without radios?

And the ability to call and text people who have phones, pretty much.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

No. They have Wifi and bluetooth.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

My mom called technology "useless shit that you will never need" and said that Linus' videos were "hahahaha videos (saying that I was always laughing when watching them (NOT TRUE)) and watching them is useless".

Sure, I wonder what will happen when the nontechies cannot get jobs because of their technological illiteracy while I can get a job in tech. Let's see where my understanding takes me...

Last night I was reading an article on the local news blog (on my mom's computer) when the POS called IE crashed, and of course it is my fault because I am a techie. OF COURSE.

My mom said she gets lots of pop-up ads and when I asked her if she wanted an installation of ABP she said "No, it's fine." I told her that if she ever wanted ABP to let me know, but she will probably just go on complaining about the ads.

My mom called technology "useless shit that you will never need" and said that Linus' videos were "hahahaha videos (saying that I was always laughing when watching them (NOT TRUE)) and watching them is useless".

Sure, I wonder what will happen when the nontechies cannot get jobs because of their technological illiteracy while I can get a job in tech. Let's see where my understanding takes me...

Yeah, and that's why you're required to take a tech literacy class in high school in order to pass, in my case, that is.

Yeah, and that's why you're required to take a tech literacy class in high school in order to pass, in my case, that is.

In my computer class we learned how to use Word and Excel in addition to HTML, the teacher let me play with his Socket 7 rig in the back of the room while the class struggled to use Word.

In my computer class we learned how to use Word and Excel in addition to HTML, the teacher let me play with his Socket 7 rig in the back of the room while the class struggled to use Word.

lel

What irks me is that my mom and dad denounce my love of tech and say that me learning it is useless but they don't tell me what I should get into. They think that watching Linus does not help me learn stuff but I have learned craploads from Linus, and I want to get into tech. I guess I will have to do what @LinusTech said:

#Man-Up