GTA V PC has gone LIVE, but there maybe some launch issues...

Yes that was an oversight but hopefully will be fixed soon, im not defending this but it sounds like you were already on the hate train, did you buy the game?

I do not buy games at launch.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Glad I haven't bought the game yet. I hope this gets fixed soon.

https://youtu.be/Pg3iA1zzeE8?t=49s

All I have to say on the matter.

Seriously though, I'll wait till the rush has calmed a bit then buy the game. From what I've heard it looks pretty sweet.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

lol what else is new

Intel i5 4670K | Asus z97 Deluxe | MSI GTX 1060 (6GB) | 16GB Corsair Vengeance |

120GB Samsung EVO - 480GB OCZ Solid III - 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda  | Corsair AX760

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | Razer Ouroboros

The game is fantastic, but I put off buying it until release to avoid the pre-order bonus, but I still got it. What is the easiest way to get rid of my money?

It will be fixed soon. It's not R* fault really, people only have themselves to blame. Nobody forced anyone to buy the game ahead of launch. The problems people are having aren't problems, those are your preorder bonuses. Preorder more game for more bonuses like this. When will you learn...

Forums everywhere are like pouting 5yr olds, throwing a tantrum because they have to wait a little to play with their toy.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

It will be fixed soon. It's not R* fault really, people only have themselves to blame. Nobody forced anyone to buy the game ahead of launch. The problems people are having aren't problems, those are your preorder bonuses. Preorder more game for more bonuses like this. When will you learn...

Forums everywhere are like pouting 5yr olds, throwing a tantrum because they have to wait a little to play with their toy.

If I buy a toy, I expect to be able to use it right away.

"You can buy x smartphone but you can't use it right away. You'll need to download an update first." What kind of sales pitch is that?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If I buy a toy, I expect to be able to use it right away.

"You can buy x smartphone but you can't use it right away. You'll need to download an update first." What kind of sales pitch is that?

This isn't your first toy. The writing on the wall was there this entire time. At least I see people reporting that the game seems to run well, at least for the lucky ones, meaning this will be resolved fairly quickly. It's not a disaster like Unity. Don't get me wrong, I love GTA, almost as much as Witcher but game launches stopped being smooth a while ago. Why not wait til problems are squared away and then give them your money. Paying upfront and then waiting/hoping for issues to be resolved won't do any of us good.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Maybe Rockstar should have taken more time to ready the game and not rush it out asap...

:D

Only issue I hit was the "cannot connect to Rockstar game server" one for the first couple hours after launch. No more issues what-so-ever. 

Got 5 hours under my belt, and wow, love the game. They did a great job porting it over - I have experienced no issues at all with the controls/etc. Been playing the single player more, as my bud screwed up by having two Social Club accounts and forgetting passwords... haha.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

Only issue I hit was the "cannot connect to Rockstar game server" one for the first couple hours after launch. No more issues what-so-ever. 

Got 5 hours under my belt, and wow, love the game. They did a great job porting it over - I have experienced no issues at all with the controls/etc. Been playing the single player more, as my bud screwed up by having two Social Club accounts and forgetting passwords... haha.

Performance wise, can you rate it 1-10. Im still at the office and cant wait to go home to play this game. TIA!

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Reading at the comments section. All I can say is, if you did not pre-order, do not talk shit. It's just a server and character(words)issue. Get over it.

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Performance wise, can you rate it 1-10. Im still at the office and cant wait to go home to play this game. TIA!

It's performing great on my system (4670k @ 4.4GHz, SLI 2GB GTX 760's). Currently running at 1440p with mostly high settings, and getting 60+ fps easily (usually in the 70's). To be honest though, I haven't done any real testing at different settings, so I won't give it a number, but it's up there in terms of good performance. Just wanted to get in and play tonight!

I have hit some times where I was close to topping out my 2GB VRAM, but at the current settings there hasn't been any issues! Not having any stutter from SLI either, although I do have a friend who mentioned he was getting stutter with GTX 970's in SLI while playing at 4k resolutions.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

It's performing great on my system (4670k @ 4.4GHz, SLI 2GB GTX 760's). Currently running at 1440p with mostly high settings, and getting 60+ fps easily (usually in the 70's). To be honest though, I haven't done any real testing at different settings, so I won't give it a number, but it's up there in terms of good performance. Just wanted to get in and play tonight!

I have hit some times where I was close to topping out my 2GB VRAM, but at the current settings there hasn't been any issues! Not having any stutter from SLI either, although I do have a friend who mentioned he was getting stutter with GTX 970's in SLI while playing at 4k resolutions.

Wow. Just wow. 60+ FPS on 1440p at SLI 760. That says a lot about the optimization. Thanks. BTW. Im only running at 1080p with a 290 and 4770k at stock. I pretty sure I can max it the way you do. :D

Wow. Just wow. 60+ FPS on 1440p at SLI 760. That says a lot about the optimization. Thanks. BTW. Im only running at 1080p with a 290 and 4770k at stock. I pretty sure I can max it the way you do. :D

Haha yeah I'd say you should be more than good at 1080p!

I'm currently debating either going to bed like I should, or playing more... Gamer problems right?

Haha yeah I'd say you should be more than good at 1080p!

I'm currently debating either going to bed like I should, or playing more... Gamer problems right?

Same dilemma I'll be facing when I get home. Been waiting for this game for so long.

in the single play it takes a few mins. Mine appeared after the first save. Trouble is all $500k went to Franklin. As for online, when ever the servers allow you to get on. 

Is the cash not shared? That sucks.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

To those with issues downloading the patch i just paused and started again.

Nice try R* but you aint fucking me tonight.

Is the cash not shared? That sucks.

depending when you bought the game, $500K goes to single player, the rest goes to Online.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

depending when you bought the game, $500K goes to single player, the rest goes to Online.

Yeah I know that. I mean is it just Franklin that gets the cash? There is only so much he can spend on haircuts.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Yeah I know that. I mean is it just Franklin that gets the cash? There is only so much he can spend on haircuts.

Well when I got into the single player, it all went to franklin.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

You're really running at 4K on just a 780? What settings, what frame rates? What CPU do you have also?

I got an 3770K (didn't run the game on it OC'd cause it gets really hot, especially in my room). I only get 30 fps (it did drop to 25 on one occasion but it was some kind of cinematic so it didn't really affect me)  :(, but I know that 60fps would be impossible with my GPU, still runs almost smooth. Textures are on very high, tessellation off. A lot of settings actually, I'm not sure which I should list here. Ow, grass quality on very high, that's important.  :lol:

EDIT: GeForce Experience did recommend a lower resolution (I think 2560x1440) with almost every setting cranked up, but I wanted to see how it'd run on 4K. Unless I run into some serious performance issues I think I'll keep it at that.

Had/have a couple minor issues with the game.

I pre-loaded the game but couldn't download the last tiny bit at launch.

Turned out, for what ever reason, Steam had about 170gigs of data on my SSD in the depotcache folder.

SSD was 100% full and couldn't unpack the game.

Delete the extra data and things went along fine after that.

Other issue is that when I launch the in game bench mark it launches a new story mode game at the same time and tries to run both instances at once.

Playing the single player game is perfectly fine, so far.

Knew the servers would have issues at launch so I downloaded it beforehand. Runs really smooth so far and it looks beautiful (GTX 780 @ 4K). Also the intro song is AMAZING! The only issue I ran into was the loading screen at the beginning which took around 2-3 minutes.

The song with Action Bronson or?