GTA V PC has gone LIVE, but there maybe some launch issues...

first patch from rockstar is 5GB lol

Really?

Damn...

Well I think we all now understand that over-hyped games never launch right 

BF4

Watch Dogz

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

I got to half way, then my time jumped back up to 25-minutes

It does just go with it, <30 second hype!

Edit: and it goes back up...

Edited by Alexp10v2

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Quite amazing they missed the username part, had to create a new account just to start downloading the 350MB patch (working fine while pre-downloading though). Just because my name starts with Ø.

How could they miss it?
Oh well, shouldn't be that hard of a fix, should be here in just a day or two

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

And would you look at that, you all lived to see the day. You can all now play the game. The skies did not come crashing down.

Now I just need to find the old GTA V threads and see who was throwing a tantrum over the delays and saying that they wouldn't buy the game but are now going to be posting in this one that they have. :lol:

Same thing happened with Battlefield: Hardline. I was in a thread on the Battlelog forums where people were swearing up and down that they absolutely weren't going to be buying the game yet when I looked through it on release day, many of the people swearing they weren't going to buy it had the little BFH badge beside their avatar. :lol:

Anyways, I'm not going to buy GTA V yet. I want to, but I'll just wait until its cheaper. In the meantime I'll just read benchmarks and watch YouTube clips.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Unplugged the modem connection to our router so I now have the only internet access in the house. MWAHAHAHAHAHA.

And would you look at that, you all lived to see the day. You can all now play the game. The skies did not come crashing down.

Now I just need to find the old GTA V threads and see who was throwing a tantrum over the delays and saying that they wouldn't buy the game but are now going to be posting in this one that they have.  :lol:

Same thing happened with Battlefield: Hardline. I was in a thread on the Battlelog forums where people were swearing up and down that they absolutely weren't going to be buying the game yet when I looked through it on release day, many of the people swearing they weren't going to buy it had the little BFH badge beside their avatar.  :lol:

Anyways, I'm not going to buy GTA V yet. I want to, but I'll just wait until its cheaper. In the meantime I'll just read benchmarks and watch YouTube clips.

Yes yes yes, we all have battered wife syndrome, we know. I've bought every battlefield game since bfbc2, and IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT, I BURNT THE ROAST! >.<

(cookie if you get the joke)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I got to half way, then my time jumped back up to 25-minutes

spoke to soon it crapped again, kinda deserved it due to how i jinxed it

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Really?

Damn...

Well I think we all now understand that over-hyped games never launch right 

BF4

Watch Dogz

im on 66GB and 345MB lol :) and still the game does not work :) lel just awesome :)

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

how come my preorder money isnt showing up??

how come my preorder money isnt showing up??

in the single play it takes a few mins. Mine appeared after the first save. Trouble is all $500k went to Franklin. As for online, when ever the servers allow you to get on. 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Knew the servers would have issues at launch so I downloaded it beforehand. Runs really smooth so far and it looks beautiful (GTX 780 @ 4K). Also the intro song is AMAZING! The only issue I ran into was the loading screen at the beginning which took around 2-3 minutes.

Anyone else having an issue where the update download finishes then restarts? I'm really not enjoying this.

anyone figured out how to play it offline, so far it is giving me errors...

nope, the launcher doesn't let you run the game without the update, i tried it say to try again

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Knew the servers would have issues at launch so I downloaded it beforehand. Runs really smooth so far and it looks beautiful (GTX 780 @ 4K). Also the intro song is AMAZING! The only issue I ran into was the loading screen at the beginning which took around 2-3 minutes.

You're really running at 4K on just a 780? What settings, what frame rates? What CPU do you have also?

It boggles my mind why they never stagger these releases by date/time. 

Because launch service issues are positive for marketing, believe it or not. It makes people think "wow there must be a lot of people playing this", and because those people are watercooler social game consumers with no spine they'll give into peer pressure and buy it.

As usual, game consumer mentality is its own worst enemy.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Somewhat ridiculous. Game gets delayed for a while and people are experiencing this many issues. Pathetic.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I ate some alphaghetti today and all the letters kept spelling out GTA V, can that be news too?

I get people are excited for the game but do we need six threads on every niggling little detail about its existence?

Somewhat ridiculous. Game gets delayed for a while and people are experiencing this many issues. Pathetic.

It's steams issue more than anything.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Why must you hurt me in this way rockstar!! WHY!

Why are we raping the servers O.o

"Rawr XD"

I ate some alphaghetti today and all the letters kept spelling out GTA V, can that be news too?

I get people are excited for the game but do we need six threads on every niggling little detail about its existence?

It's steams issue more than anything.

In the OP, there was a quote that directly blamed Rockstar. For a game that took this long to be released, there should be no issues at all. All of them should've been resolved before launch.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

-snip-

What exactly did you tell everyone?

Why would Rockstar spend money on more servers for a TEMPORARY load? This happened with the 360/ps3 launch it make's no financial sense to spend money on something that will fix it's self soon.

What exactly did you tell everyone?

Why would Rockstar spend money on more servers for a TEMPORARY load? This happened with the 360/ps3 launch it make's no financial sense to spend money on something that will fix it's self soon.

How about this? http://steamcommunity.com/games/271590/announcements/detail/190617144670191197

Why is the focus only on the servers? Defend Rockstar all you want, but there should be no issues. They should've been prepared for launch.

How about this? http://steamcommunity.com/games/271590/announcements/detail/190617144670191197

Why is the focus only on the servers? Defend Rockstar all you want, but there should be no issues. They should've been prepared for launch.

Yes that was an oversight but hopefully will be fixed soon, im not defending this but it sounds like you were already on the hate train, did you buy the game?