Thanks Nick!

One and a half hours early! And already fully processed!

Sig under construction.

aw yeah

i think this is the first time i've ever seen a relatively popular channel's video first, hit it on 0 views.

Abigail: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.5GHz 1.170v / EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified  / ASRock Z97 Extreme6 / Corsair H110i GT / 4x4Gb G.Skill Ares 1866MHz @ CAS9 / Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM / NZXT H440 Blue / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2

Peripherals: BenQ XL2411z 24" 144hz 1080p / ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1080p / Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD650 / Schiit Audio Modi 2 / Magni 2 / Blue Yeti Blackout

thank you nick i was bored out of my tears ^^

junker build in the making

Thanks Nick!

One and a half hours early! And already fully processed!

Would be great, but I saw it a week ago. :)

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

We need a test with some actual cpus, especially the low end dual core super overclocked vs mid - high end. As it's a nice way to save some money until you can save up for a bigger an better cpu. This is for 1150 socket at least, but when entering x99 so much changes that it's no point going 1150 first. Just doing 1150 socket cpus the dual core, i3 i5 i7, then against their old brethren from 1155 days, that would be interesting as you can find motherboard and cpus dirt cheap used...

Might be more work than this here just turning of cores, but will be more real lif performance...

I've talked about this before on this forum but as this video now has a topic in the forum I'll mention this again.

Cities: Skylines is not that simple of a benchmark tool to just look at the FPS. The game has separate threads from the graphics performance for the simulation of the game. And the simulation speed does go down when the population grows. So to properly judge the CPU performance you should use a city with 200k+ population and have some kind of way to tell the difference between the simulation speed using some kind of metric.

For GPU benchmarks it should be fine.

Also I'm still kind of disappointed that you still don't throw one or two AMD CPUs into the mix just to see how they hold up.

I don't know how many cores I really need, but the 8 in my FX-8350 work very well while gaming, streaming, listening to music/YouTube, and Teamspeaking/Skyping... all at the same time, not even overclocked. I don't think I'll need an upgrade for a long time... the FX-8350 just keeps on doing it well.

KBzX4mc.jpg

My rig =SCOUT2= 

I don't know how many cores I really need, but the 8 in my FX-8350 work very well while gaming, streaming, listening to music/YouTube, and Teamspeaking/Skyping... all at the same time, not even overclocked. I don't think I'll need an upgrade for a long time... the FX-8350 just keeps on doing it well.

I see a watter block, and not OC'ed CPU? You are committing a great sin my borother!

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

In regards to the question at the end: I would like to see how the performance is affected by game streaming (using CPU, not GPU for the encoding ofc). 

I'm usually CPU folding in the background.

I have it configured to use only 50% of my i7 920, so depending on the game sometimes I need to stop folding so it doesn't affect my framerate.

I see a watter block, and not OC'ed CPU? You are committing a great sin my borother!

I haven't had a need to OC yet... I put a liquid cooler in hopes that the chip may last longer.  I don't even think it was worth the extra cost for liquid cooling... my sons air cooler keep his 8320E at around the same temps, sometimes even lower.

fk6Btvl.jpg

My rig =SCOUT2= 

4 cores is the "minimum" we all need "today"  B)

(dual and single cores, is throw the money to the garbage)  <_<

i want a Advanced Warfare benchmark next, this game is heavy (and awesome)  :lol:

Great video Luke but I am disappointed not to see Arma 3 in the test results, from what I believe this game loves CPUs and I am interested to see what happens when you throw more cores at it. We already know it loves high clock speeds, so why not give it a go! Also I'm sure I'm not the only one to see it in benchmarks.

Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel Core i5 3570k 4.2 GHz, EVGA GTX 780, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb ,

Samsung EVO 250&500Gb, Western Digital Black 2TB,  Corsair RM 750

Custom Water Loop

CPU Block Koolance 380iGPU Block EKWB Clean CSQPump Laing DDC w/ EKWB X-RES 100Radiatiors NexXxoS Monsta 240 & Swiftech 240x35Tubing PrimoChill Primoflex Advanced LRT Elegant White 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFittings White Monsoon Free Centre Compression Fittings 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFans6x Noctua NF-F12 w/Noctua LNA Adaptors

4 cores is the "minimum" we all need "today"   B)

(dual and single cores, is throw the money to the garbage)   <_<

i want a Advanced Warfare benchmark next, this game is heavy (and awesome)   :lol:

1- If theres no difference between 4 cores and eight as per the video 4 cores is not the minimum lol , its all you need. Especially four haswell cores like in an i5.

2- The i3 is a dual  core and not a waste of money. If you are building a mid end system using a r9 270x / 280 or nvidia equivalent there is no difference between an i3 and i5.

@Slick Far cry 4 ran on my i3 which is an hyper threaded dual core at the end of the day.

Really weird.

I didn't apply any fixes.

Yeah I though an i3 should run it fine since the OS reads 4 threads on the CPU.

Yeah I though an i3 should run it fine since the OS reads 4 threads on the CPU.

Yeah it run it fine .

I got a BIG FPS boost with the i5 on that game .

Should have done benchmarks :(

It was the only game so far I noticed a difference between the i3 and i5.

Yeah it run it fine .

I got a BIG FPS boost with the i5 on that game .

Should have done benchmarks :(

It was the only game so far I noticed a difference between the i3 and i5.

Going from an i3 to i5 seems to be the biggest jump in most cases, I usually recommend people to get the lowest end i5 when building a pc if their budget allows it.

Going from an i3 to i5 seems to be the biggest jump in most cases, I usually recommend people to get the lowest end i5 when building a pc if their budget allows it.

Depends on the card that you want to pair it with.

With my 270x there was no difference in 99% of the games.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/345931-intel-core-i3-vs-i5-benchmarks/#entry4711145