Did I ruin my K70 RGB?

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Sounds like you've done permanent damage to it.  

You don't want to blow dry it or anything like that as you can do more bad than good. Fixing liquid damage is a slow process, take it apart, clean it up as best you can, including the switches and keycaps, then leave the keyboard out to dry for up to two days.

I fixed it actually.

Just warped the alt key and 3 other keys slightly.

So was eating noodle soup and accidently flipped the spoon, it splattered soup over the lower part of my keyboard at the space bar part and it seeped onto the motherboard.

All the led's went out and now the keyboard is typing in Russian or something and bugging out completely.

Did I ruin it?

unplug it NOW

Take it apart and clean the noodle juice the best you can. Then let it dry out for a few days taken apart. Plug it in again and see how it is after that.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

UNPLUG. Clean it and dry it out and try plugging it back in a week

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

I am aiming a hot stream from a airdryer into the circuit board to evaporate it.... Unplugged of course

That needs to be one hot airdryer to evaporate all the other substances in the soup.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

get some rice overnight to fix it, that is if the hair drier doesnt work ofcourse

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I am aiming a hot stream from a airdryer into the circuit board to evaporate it.... Unplugged of course

I would stop. The heat could damage it further. Just leave it set for a few days.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I would stop. The heat could damage it further. Just leave it set for a few days.

Well I got it fixed.... But the heat of the airdryer has warped the alt key completely...

Well I got it fixed.... But the heat of the airdryer has warped the alt key completely...

:v 

LPT: Never eat soup again

:v 

LPT: Never eat soup again

I think the led's of some keys have given out too.

I think the led's of some keys have given out too.

dude let it dry out completely -_-

dude let it dry out completely -_-

I checked, all the led's work.

Only the alt key is warped now... Should I try to rewarp it with heat again?

You don't want to blow dry it or anything like that as you can do more bad than good. Fixing liquid damage is a slow process, take it apart, clean it up as best you can, including the switches and keycaps, then leave the keyboard out to dry for up to two days. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I fixed it actually.

I fixed it actually.

Now get new spiffing keycaps. ;) 

PBT purple ones.  :ph34r:

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Now get new spiffing keycaps. ;) 

PBT purple ones.  :ph34r:

Is it possible to order new key caps?

Is it possible to order new key caps?

Not sure if you can get replacements from Corsair directly as part of the warranty, but you could always purchase a set of backlight compatible keycaps. 

Or try rewarping the casualties of your drying. :P

Not sure if you can get replacements from Corsair directly as part of the warranty, but you could always purchase a set of backlight compatible keycaps. 

Or try rewarping the casualties of your drying. :P

I will try. It seems I warped more keys than that :S

You think they wll send me a new one if I send it in for warranty?

I will try. It seems I warped more keys than that :S

You think they wll send me a new one if I send it in for warranty?

Depends. If it still works, I don't think they will. I mean, there's no reason for it to be sent back then. ;) 

But if you cant get the Alt key to rewarp back, there's some nifty custom ones on the internet if it's a huge issue for you. Though, which others are warped? 

Depends. If it still works, I don't think they will. I mean, there's no reason for it to be sent back then. ;)

But if you cant get the Alt key to rewarp back, there's some nifty custom ones on the internet if it's a huge issue for you. Though, which others are warped? 

M is so warped I have to push hard to press,, these commas I just typed are almost unpushable. This is a nightmare,, warped i key too and the wristrest.. :(

Try soaking it in very pure isopropyl alcohol and then let it evaporate for like a day. The fact that it works at all is good.

Edit: Just saw you fixed it, ignore

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

M is so warped I have to push hard to press,, these commas I just typed are almost unpushable. This is a nightmare,, warped i key too and the wristrest.. :(

This feels like one of those "Shit happens" moments. If you take the keycaps off, is the switch itself damaged or just the keycaps? If just the keycaps, then replace them for a new set, or try and warp them back, and if that doesn't work, again, buy some new ones. 

As for the wrist rest, that may need to be replaced if you cant get it back to how it was. 

However, if it's the switches too then you maybe able to get it replaced depending on what Corsair's RMA service is like. Something I've never experienced myself. 

This feels like one of those "Shit happens" moments. If you take the keycaps off, is the switch itself damaged or just the keycaps? If just the keycaps, then replace them for a new set, or try and warp them back, and if that doesn't work, again, buy some new ones. 

As for the wrist rest, that may need to be replaced if you cant get it back to how it was. 

However, if it's the switches too then you maybe able to get it replaced depending on what Corsair's RMA service is like. Something I've never experienced myself. 

Not the switches, only the keycaps.

Not the switches, only the keycaps.

That's good then. The keyboard is still functional, just needs new/fixed keycaps! :D

good god why even ask for help if you're going to ignore everything people told you to do

everyone said unplug it and leave it alone to dry, and you unplug it > take a blowdrier to it, then plug it back in (even after everyone said let it dry anyway) and fiddle around with it, then warped all your keys due to the heat

smfh.

Abigail: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.5GHz 1.170v / EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified  / ASRock Z97 Extreme6 / Corsair H110i GT / 4x4Gb G.Skill Ares 1866MHz @ CAS9 / Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM / NZXT H440 Blue / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2

Peripherals: BenQ XL2411z 24" 144hz 1080p / ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1080p / Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD650 / Schiit Audio Modi 2 / Magni 2 / Blue Yeti Blackout