Parts List for the ULTIMATE Phase Change Cooling PC Build Guide

MY OH MY! 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Intel wanted their screener cpu's back so Linus wasn't allowed to go past 1.4v. #likelyATrueStory

Should have overclocked to 1.8v.

Could have gotten 6 Jiggerhertz with that.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

So why not go with Linus old sub-zero chiller unit that's located on the floor of the upstairs storage closet and mod that into a fulltower?

What happened to the benchmarks that u guys always do?  what happened to the temp reading that u said was in the video description =.=

I'd really like to see ghetto build logs like the one you mentioned in this video :3

please do the red-mod and mount this thing on a GPU B)

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

phase change used to matter back in the day

now its kinda pointless

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I didn't even know that something like this existed it looks super cool!

Taking a look at the LD Cooling products I noticed they had a couple different models:

LD PC-V10
LD PC-V10 115V USA
LD PC-V10 Rev. USA 115V

Which case was used in this build? Also, are there any advantages/disadvantages of the Reversed case?

What an awesome build linus

Just a silly question: can you give it away to me? :D

Hmm. Makes me think. Wonder if you could run two loops, one direct to the cpu, and one to a rad submerged under mineral oil..... Wouldn't have to worry about moisture getting to components. If you get condensation on the top it'd sink to the bottom, and with the proper setup of float switch (mineral oil has a different density to water) you could have a pump switch on to pump out any water that accumulates at the bottom before it can reach components.

Thanks for the video

P.S. no way in hell am I doing this myself.

The condensation is most likely to form on the heatsink itself, not on the rad.  (i.e the freeze test Linus shows in the video)

Oh quick question guys.

Why does sub zero cooling have so many names? There's Freon cooling, Peltier cooling and now Phase Change cooling.

Freon is most similar to phase change, the reason it's called Freon is because DuPont has patented it as such and it's used in their marketing for fridges and shit.  Phase change is the general term for cooling by capitalizing on an endothermic phase change.  That's all Freon does, but it's just the marketing name for a variety of compounds. 

Peltier is something else entirely and has nothing to do with a phase change between liquid/gas.  It's a thermoelectric effect while phase change is chemical.

LN2/LHE differentiate themselves because it's just pouring something really fucking cold onto the CPU to cool it down.  It isn't complicated, just expensive.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

I remain wondering how Linus would have watercooled the GPU if a plate was available. Was there really enough room in the case to add water cooling tank on top of all that? Too bad the phase change cooling can not be Y connected to a GPU as well :D

The condensation is most likely to form on the heatsink itself, not on the rad.  (i.e the freeze test Linus shows in the video)

Why? If the entire thing is submerged under mineral oil? The only places I can see condensation forming are on the surface of the oil, and the outside of the fish tank.

Actually the thing I'd be most worried about is some sort of weird interaction between the mineral oil, and whatever rubberised material the pipes are made out of.

Oh quick question guys.

Why does sub zero cooling have so many names? There's Freon cooling, Peltier cooling and now Phase Change cooling.

Because there are different types of subzero cooling, there is this which works on the same principle of evaporation as an air conditioner, and then there are types like liquid nitrogen which is basically dumping cold stuff on your cpu until it gets cold as well.

Specs: i7 4790k, r9 280 windforce OC, 8gb hyperx fury 1866 RAM, z97 PC Mate, 256gb mx100, black pearl r4, 2tb WD Red (soon)

No. Spending $1,500 on a case and cooler is going to hurt you in the price:performance department. And, instead of buying cheapo gimmicks like those packets, it's more worth your money simply buying a dehumidifier. Or, if you can't be bothered with that, then buy an Asrock motherboard with the dehumidifying function built right in hahahahahahahahahaha! (Not an April fool's day "prank" btw):

...Yeah, dehumidifier would have been a much better option. >.<

Why? If the entire thing is submerged under mineral oil? The only places I can see condensation forming are on the surface of the oil, and the outside of the fish tank.

Actually the thing I'd be most worried about is some sort of weird interaction between the mineral oil, and whatever rubberised material the pipes are made out of.

Oh so you mean submerging the whole motherboard in the oil?  I thought you just meant the rad it was connected to.

One thing you'd have to worry about is that mineral oil has a fairly high freezing point at -30 C.  Below about 10 C it becomes very viscous, which will negatively effect any cooling like fans etc. (Could even start to damage the fans like water does.)  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti