Lets hate on Android and iOS gaming

Alir

Am I the only one who absolutely hates and despises mobile gaming? I'm excluding handheld consoles.

Mobiles just are not gaming systems. The battery sucks, the stability of the OS suck, the games on mobiles suck and there aren't even any decent controllers! Things like the MOGA had potential but they connected via bluetooth and weren't very portable - usb controllers kill the fun and aren't portable either - might as well play on a console or PC.

The potential of mobile gaming IMO died with the failures of the likes of the ngage and the xperia play.

Opinions?

get out

they have a place, time and reason just like everything else.

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

agreed, games that are for phones typically are pretty shitty and either full of ads, overpriced, or full of micro transactions. (There are some out there that are actually decent and are not overpriced, full of ads, or full of micro transactions, but the number of decent games like that is quite low.)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Bruh Can't live without Clash Of Clans

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

Mobile gaming is more for old people and moms that have nothing to do

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

There are 3 games on mobile phones which are good:

• Smash hit: Simple but very pretty.
  • Puzzle Forge 2: Unique game, addictive, and looks way simpler than it is while laughing at Dark Souls.
  • Swordigo: decent RPG-Platformer without heavy micro transactions.

For the rest, there's only games which are bloated with micro transactions and adds. And even worse, there are people out there who create Don't Tap The White Tile clones, put less than a day into it and which make more money than the devs of FTL: Faster Than Light and Gunpoint...

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

I don't hate mobile gaming. I hate the current mobile gaming trend of pay-to-win and time wasting bullshit. 

There was a time when games like clash of clans and the like would be spat on for being soulless money whores. But today? No, it's expected that a game is going to offer micro-transactions to give those who are willing to pay legitimate and obvious advantages over others. I really do think that's just fucking pathetic, that our expectations have fallen so far so as to expect shameless self-promotion and cash whoring. What have we as a people come to?

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Am I the only one who absolutely hates and despises mobile gaming? I'm excluding handheld consoles.

Mobiles just are not gaming systems. The battery sucks, the stability of the OS suck, the games on mobiles suck and there aren't even any decent controllers! Things like the MOGA had potential but they connected via bluetooth and weren't very portable - usb controllers kill the fun and aren't portable either - might as well play on a console or PC.

The potential of mobile gaming IMO died with the failures of the likes of the ngage and the xperia play.

Opinions?

Have you tried Vainglory?  Fantastic game for iOS, and they have an open beta on Android right now.  It's one of the best mobile games I've ever played.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

agreed, games that are for phones typically are pretty shitty and either full of ads, overpriced, or full of micro transactions. (There are some out there that are actually decent and are not overpriced, full of ads, or full of micro transactions, but the number of decent games like that is quite low.)

what is one?  I need one. with no to very little microtransactions

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

There is still a place, for people who need something to play on the go and not carry a mobile gaming system around.

If you ask me, I hate every game on mobile, its not worth my time and is usually made to influence purchases. 

and that's why I dont have a single game on my iPhone. 

I'll agree that all those mainstream mobile games like candy crush and stuff like that are complete crap, however once you get past that there are a lot of great games. Whenever I play on my phone I'm usually playing emulators for stuff like n64 and dreamcast. In fact Super Mario 64 is probably the game i play most on my phone. Also there's alot of great titles such as n.o.v.a., moderncombat, cs portable, and shadowgun, just to name a few. So yeah, my opinion is that mobile gaming can be pretty awesome.

And that's where you're wrong. Mobile gaming is a very strong market. It's actually growing faster than console gaming.

I personally am waiting for a Cherry Trail x5 or x7 powered Windows 10 tablet to come out for my mobile gaming.

I like the games that aren't filled with shitty ads everytime you die. Although tbh, the games that do this are pretty much all free so no surprise.

There's pretty decent games on Google Play that cost a little bit but are awesome.

Student Life Build Yo: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i5-3350p, ASRock H61M-VG4, Sapphire Nitro R9 380x

12GB DDR3-1333, Corsair CX600, SanDisk 120GB SSD, Asus Xonar DGX, Corsair 200R, Headphones: Takstar HI 2050.

~First PC Build!~

Clash of clans can die in a hole. i'm tired of my brother watching vids about that and seeing suggestions about coc in my yt feed.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I just find it plain boring. I own an iPod and all my games have carried over from my 4th gen iPod (which broke), and I don't really play on the games unless I have to, or there is absolutely nothing to do

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

I don't like mobile gaming on it's current state. However there is a massive path to develop in x64. It's even going to match the mid tier PC gaming at some point (need still years to come). Knowing that with just a couple watts you are powering a whole gaming experience, that will hopefully be very satisfactory gives me the hardons.

For me the future is what Linus said, just powering games on your TV with a phone, using a VR headset that is being driven by a device in your pocket.

Can't give one, I don't play any as I don't play mobile games. (Except for solitare..)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Try QuizUp.

Nvidia Shield, nuff said.

Failed.

Miserably. It was overpriced and relied on the streaming feature which was pointless - I would rather play on a PC, as opposed to stream PC games to a controller - especially if I have to stay in my house in the first place - you had to leave your PC on, wasting electricity and had to have an nvidia graphics card.

As for the android games, android games are shit, on the most part. There are some clever, imaginative games that are suitable for the touch screen like Monument Valley, but they are few. On the most part, android games are crappy freemiums.

Even if the hardward issue and lack of controllers gets solved, the mobile gaming market is still complete shit, full of in app purchases.

I prefer the 3ds and Vita - I own a 3ds.

Honestly, there needs to be some sort of mobile market exclusive for games - not the general stores - which has some sort of standard preventing freemiums and general shit getting onto the market. Only then can the issue of a lack of a controller be addressed properly

I'll agree that all those mainstream mobile games like candy crush and stuff like that are complete crap, however once you get past that there are a lot of great games. Whenever I play on my phone I'm usually playing emulators for stuff like n64 and dreamcast. In fact Super Mario 64 is probably the game i play most on my phone. Also there's alot of great titles such as n.o.v.a., moderncombat, cs portable, and shadowgun, just to name a few. So yeah, my opinion is that mobile gaming can be pretty awesome.

Of FFS don't get me started on Gameloft they're the worst company on the mobile gaming market and insultingly the most successful.

They hold the top spot for freemiums and also games that cost, and also full of in app purchases like more credits.

Not to mention their games are buggy and shit and stuck between the rift of being for touch and being for controllers. having played their poor games like NOVA and Modern Combat - which are blatent rip offs of console games Halo and COD - with touch controls, I felt the need for controllers. Eventually I was unfortunate enough to purchase the first MOGA controller (back when it was only sold in the US) - it was crap but they advertised it remarkably well. Anyways, I purchased it for £60 including import taxes and realised that these games were intended to be played with controllers but optimised for touch.

Not to mention the hardware issue again, they drained your battery in less than an hour. There were some games which were nicely optimised for the MOGA controller - those games still suffered the hardware gap of it being on a mobile device - poor battery - poor bluetooth connection - not very portable since you're carrying around a separate controller everywhere.

You were not even able to jump in and out of games like on the 3ds.

People say the 3ds is expensive. In reality, you'd save money going with a 3ds and a simple phone like the Moto G, than buying a flagship device costing more than a gaming PC, to play console-like games on a failed system.

ugh

And that's where you're wrong. Mobile gaming is a very strong market. It's actually growing faster than console gaming.

I personally am waiting for a Cherry Trail x5 or x7 powered Windows 10 tablet to come out for my mobile gaming.

And that's what's so insulting.

A lot of developers create crap games with no imagination and make $$$. It is ruining the REAL gaming market like on consoles and PCs, preferring shitty Tapped Out, Angry Birds, Clash of Clans, etc.

It really makes me weep for the good ol' days of the Playstation and Xbox.

Look at the great games on the old consoles - such masterpieces cannot be replicated on mobiles.

Why:

1) No controller - can be avoided by making games that perfect touch control, but a lot of developers on the market such as at Gameloft think they're making games for the 360 where you have a controller - point being there are a lot of unoptimised games on the mobile market.

2) Hardware gap - poor hardware on these mobile devices, poor battery, you cannot really play on the go.

3) The old era of games required you to be immersed. You cannot do that while you're in a McDonalds queue waiting for your happy meal.

4) Poor stability - games crash a lot, poor operating systems - mobile devices get slow.

5) Mobile devices also turn into portable ovens, burning your fingers with the intense heat from the internal components which are as hot as muthabarking Venus.

6) No decent storyline. There are to the best of my knowledge NO developers on the mobile market who are developing games with intense storylines with characters you can connect to. There is no Master Chief, there is no Tomb Raider. These kind of game characters who got stuck in our minds and stayed with us even today are non existant. There are no developers at all who are developing games with these features in mind. They're just looking for easy money.

7) And I could really go on.

Though I'd be likely to get into mobile gaming for a bit to develop my programming skills, the market just can't be taken seriously with the way unimaginative games are getting so popular.

Some of you are misunderstanding me. I'm not looking for some PC or console quality experience on mobile. To really dumb it down as simply as possible, mobile devs need to start making games for the touch screen, not replicating games on consoles like COD and actually make the games appropriate for the touch screens. All shooters are a no no.

One area I think mobile gaming can thrive is in football/soccer games. But there just aren't any - decent ones at least.

There is only the filth known as EA making FIFA. Those FIFA games are often full of bugs also - freemium and last I remembered, their most recent game had no multiplayer - may be out of date info since I gave up on mobile gaming after investing so much in it and realising I lost 2 years of quality console experience in the hope that mobile gaming would go somewhere.

I've never played and enjoyed games the same way again after divorcing mobile gaming.

And also, the mobile gaming market is taking away so much focus from like... the real games on 3ds, xbox, ps, PC - fanboys can piss off for a sec I'm making a point.

I personally love all consoles since they are all capable of immersing the player in games that are made with quality. They aren't chopped up by mofos who can't code - though that is also partly not true since EA and other comanies are also on a role with releasing broken games on consoles.

Terraria on Android is great for me. I use Limelight to stream PC games.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink