Xbox One Petition to Re-Revert the DRM Scheme

EChondo

http://kotaku.com/ridiculous-online-petition-demands-return-of-xbox-one-d-731263477

http://www.change.org/petitions/microsoft-give-us-back-the-xbox-one-we-were-promised-at-e3-2

Anyway, this is a thing. Sign it, for whatever reason you have, if you like. It'll be ignored like all the rest.

This is crazy! I would love a Steam type of DRM for the consoles, but the one Microsoft was conjuring up was a joke!

What to you guys feel about this? Should the Xbox One revert back to its initial state?

Francis speaks out;

It's nothing like steam DRM.

And no it shouldn't revert back the way it was, if it was changed to the way steam do it, then...mmmm as long as they make a decent used game policy (used games are needed on consoles tbh), then that would be cool.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

honestly even if I did think the XBone type DRM was good,and I don't,I wouldn't want microsoft to change their minds and bring it back.

changing it from yes to no to yes again would change it from XBone to XBoncertainty

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Imagine if they do revert, all the people who pre ordered will shoot themselves. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Imagine if they do revert, all the people who pre ordered will shoot themselves. 

Nah, the people who pre-ordered on Amazon can just cancel it(as they weren't charged any money) and I bet it would just as easy if you walk into Gamestop and ask for a refund.

I don't know about the people that pre-ordered through Microsoft though...

Nah, the people who pre-ordered on Amazon can just cancel it(as they weren't charged any money) and I bet it would just as easy if you walk into Gamestop and ask for a refund.

I don't know about the people that pre-ordered through Microsoft though...

that's what i meant. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Ugh!  Not this again.

These guys really want 24-hour check-ins?  If they want "Steam on a console!", why not just build a PC?  :rolleyes:

This was to be the future of entertainment. A new wave of gaming where you could buy games digitally, then trade, share or sell those digital licenses. Essentially, it was Steam for Xbox. But consumers were uninformed, and railed against it, and it was taken away because Sony took advantage of consumers' uncertainty.

The way they were going to implement that bolded part (or used games in general) sounded so complex: go to authorize retailer, deactivate license, with a fee I think?  something like that... these guys want that?  "Steam for Xbox"... it can't even do offline play... LOL

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

I told my mom that when the PS4 and Xbox One comes out that I want money to upgrade/fully rebuild my computer. Ever since E3 I asked her for that. Still haven't changed my mind. If you're wondering, specs are :

Pentium Dual-Core E5300 CPU @ 2.6GHz Stock clocks
Pegatron Benicia 1.01 (Socket LGA775) Mobo
Nvidia Geforce GT 620 PNY Edition
6GB DDR2 Samsung RAM (Do not know model name)

Liteon 250w PSU.
Hitachi HDP725050GLA360 500GB HDD
HP Midsize ATX (Micro ATX) OEM Case

HP FH970AA LSI SV92EX 56K PCI Express x1 (PCIe) Low Profile Data/Fax Modem

Beast machine. Mmmmmm...... I love low fps on all my games @ 1280x720 on a 12-year old CRT HP D8904 monitor.

I told my mom that when the PS4 and Xbox One comes out that I want money to upgrade/fully rebuild my computer. Ever since E3 I asked her for that. Still haven't changed my mind. If you're wondering, specs are :

Beast machine. Mmmmmm...... I love low fps on all my games @ 1280x720 on a 12-year old CRT HP D8904 monitor.

You know what hurts me the most out of your specs? That 250w POS PSU.

I think I know who's signing that petition. sony fanboys and people that actually think that the console would be better with all the DRM. since honestly the got rid of some really good features and they were getting rid of the used game market which is one of the reasons why games are so expensive. look at how we have cheap games on our pcs because the used market was killed.

Pentium Dual-Core E5300 CPU @ 2.6GHz Stock clocks

Pegatron Benicia 1.01 (Socket LGA775) Mobo

Nvidia Geforce GT 620 PNY Edition

6GB DDR2 Samsung RAM (Do not know model name)

Liteon 250w PSU.

Hitachi HDP725050GLA360 500GB HDD

HP Midsize ATX (Micro ATX) OEM Case

HP FH970AA LSI SV92EX 56K PCI Express x1 (PCIe) Low Profile Data/Fax Modem

Get this instead for less than the price of an Xbox One, you get a brand new 21.5" 1920x1080 full HD LCD display in that price too.

CPU:  AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard:  Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX  AM3+ Motherboard  ($68.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory:  Corsair XMS 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card:  Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Case:  Cougar Archon ATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor:  Gateway KX2153bd 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $498.93
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-10 18:42 EDT-0400)

i didn't really understand the big uproar over 24hr check-ins. I understand that some people have internet connectivity issues but a lot of the people who complained probably had xbox live and played halo or wte online everyday anyways. Why was everyone so upset?

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

i didn't really understand the big uproar over 24hr check-ins. I understand that some people have internet connectivity issues but a lot of the people who complained probably had xbox live and played halo or wte online everyday anyways. Why was everyone so upset?

People don't like being forced to do anything, especially for a console that is meant for entertainment

[spoiler=Current Rig:]i5-4670K @ 4.4 Ghz on 1.3v | MSI Z87I | GTX 780 @ 1150 Mhz | 2x8GB ADATA XPG | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | CM V700 PSU | Custom Watercooled in a Caselabs S3

[spoiler=Peripherals:]Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 | Corsair K70 | Sennheiser Urbanite headphones | Corsair Vengeance MM200 | Asus PB278Q + Samsung 22"

Xbox One was fine until console peasants wanted to hold on to their precious optical media; outdated platform.

System: i5-2500k, Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3, Mushkin Enhanced Blackline, R9 290X, CoolerMaster Elite 430, OCZ Vector, Corsair RM650, Dell U2412M, Corsair H60, Sidewinder X6, M6880, Asus Xonar DG      
Steam username: Armorhype          Origin username: Armorhype          Xbox Live Gamertag: Armorhype                   

People actually want this always online DRM back. Blah! This isn't even Steam on a console, it is worse than Steam as it I don't need to connect every 24 hours to play my games on Steam.

Don't you need a constant connection to Steam, or am I just crazy?

You can play offline with Steam

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Constant? Hell no.

One time connection when buying games? Yes.

The only thing I liked about the Xbox One DRM was the family sharing thing. I wanted that go to through because I want STEAM to start that, too. I mean, for crying out loud, Apple makes it work with iTunes with content that's at times just as expensive as video games, so why can't anyone else do it?

I think I'm one of the few who would like the Xbox One back to how it was originally. It was in some aspects better than Steam for console. The things they had planned for it were exciting and still allowed for what people on console were use to. The 24 hour check in were the pillars holding the who structure up. The system wasn't perfect but it was brand new. They got no usable feed back to how the system could be improved, only slander and hate from raging fan boys they most likely will never buy it anyways (even in it's current form) and people who didn't fully understand it.

Because of the check in it allowed for you to share your games with friends and family the same way as before this time only digitally instead of physically. Some of the rumors surrounding this feature sounded amazing. It is wanting to put a stop to physical formats and move forward with what the industry is pushing for. It is wanting to utilize the internet for a lot more than has been done with consoles in the past. 

I'd sign the petition if I knew it would make a difference but Microsoft isn't going to be jumping back again after the pre-orders have already been done.

Bottom line the way I see it is with the countries it was available in at launch, if you buy a $500 console you have the internet for it.

You need internet for a console anyways. Game updates, DLC, system updates, and extra features are available.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd