Hey,

Just downloaded http://folding.stanford.edu/file, installs fine and everything, get it started and then after 30sec to 1 min of folding on 'medium' both my screens go black or 1 black 1 red.

Monitored temps though msi afterburner and AI suite 3 and was at 40c

Computer seems to be running cant be 100% sure cant ctrl atl delete or alt tab out have to hold power button and re set.

Running:

i5-4690k (running stock clock)

Z97 asus Gryphon

240gb s70 series SSD

Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 2x8GB

ASUS GTX970

Windows 7 64bit

Rest of PC specs?

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

this happens to me when i leave my computer. when i'm folding at my computer it works fine, but when i leave for a while it freezes my computer. i blame it on my fx9590, but i guess that's not the issue.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Can you stop rethreading like twice please! Focus on one! Sounds like you are having temprature issues, stability at least

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Can you stop rethreading like twice please! Focus on one! Sounds like you are having temprature issues, stability at least

Sorry, came up when an error when i posted so i didnt think it worked.

temp was in the 40c stress tested for hours and no issues there.

I just started on 'light' and its working fine

Your gpu isn't running unless the pc is in idle when you have it on light.

You didn't specify that the gpu was running at stock, any potentially 

unstable overclocks on the gpu?

nope GPU is running fully stock clocks, have tested 3Dmark11 and I run BF4 regularly with no issues

nope GPU is running fully stock clocks, have tested 3Dmark11 and I run BF4 regularly with no issues

Which PSU do you use?

Can the rails deliver enough juice to your GPU?

And how does your GPU handle gaming?

Which PSU do you use?

Can the rails deliver enough juice to your GPU?

And how does your GPU handle gaming?

i use an antec 750w powersupply, runs games fine never had any issues

i use an antec 750w powersupply, runs games fine never had any issues

should be fine, temps good? Any problems? Coil whine?

should be fine, temps good? Any problems? Coil whine?

temps are fine, i used MSI afterburner to monitor and temps stayed at 43C for the 30 seconds then stopped recording when screens went black.

temps are fine, i used MSI afterburner to monitor and temps stayed at 43C for the 30 seconds then stopped recording when screens went black.

and no coil whine

and no coil whine

overclocked? If so add a tiny amount of volts or go back to stock when you fold, it can cause errors. Does f@h say any errors? Im not the best at troubleshooting. Sorry.

overclocked? If so add a tiny amount of volts or go back to stock when you fold, it can cause errors. Does f@h say any errors? Im not the best at troubleshooting. Sorry.

nope no overclock, dosnt give me any error unfortunately 

nope no overclock, dosnt give me any error unfortunately

i had 2 crashes randomly, very rare. Re install folding at home maybe something got corrupted.

i had 2 crashes randomly, very rare. Re install folding at home maybe something got corrupted.

will do, thanks for your help

Couple things come to mind to test. In the advanced view, try folding with just the CPU - see how that goes and monitor temps. Don't use MSI Afterburner. Use a third party tool - I like HWMonitor - gives a lot of info. OK, now, just folding on CPU, still get the screen issues?

Then try the same, pause the CPU and try folding just on the GPU, again monitoring temps, and let's see what happens.

I want to isolate this, is possible, to a CPU or GPU issue.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99