[SCRATCHBUILD] "Bulldozer" massive PC Case

BaxterTheFly
Me again, to some it maybe funny, but i am full of emotions for this!

Few days after i started working on this project, few people asked me what will i be using from components, and i said that i would be using what i had at the time or untill i find some sponsors... one of those parts was AMD Athlon II X3 450 that i was using... One guys, at the time a random guy on the forum asked me if i Phenom II 980BE would be an improvment untill i get cash to get new one or find a sponsor, i still dont have sponsor for the processor...

15dmh49.jpg

23h9mh5.jpg

Imagine me today when i heard from mailman that i have a package from France..

2nhlssy.jpg

I knew the guy for half an hour from forum and over PM on the forum... and he decided to help me in such a manner... It may not bet extraordinary, and such but it means allot more than just a processor... it means that there are still great people in this world, and a new hope risen inside of me just from this gesture!!!The moment i get new processor either from sponsors or i get some cash to buy it. i am gonna make special mount for this one, to shine as a simbol of respect, UTMOST RESPECT towords Blobster21 and people like him!!!

@BaxterTheFly

Wood? Theme fits with metal though.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Metal would be twice as heavy, and i will cover it with thin aluminum in the end... wood was easyer to manipulate and sturdier than metal sheets :(

Holy balls, this is by far the coolest case I have ever seen! Keep it up!

ASU

This looks awesome, keep it up!

'Make sure to wear a wool sweater and to stand on a carpet while working on PC's' -Linus 2015

Tnx guys for nice comments :) 

Also: 

Guys, sorry i haven't been posting for a while, but it was holyday season here in Serbia, and i was kinda tortured by my neighbour :D i have been planing to rebuild chasis for the case from steel to aluminum, and i wanted to ask a buddy of mine who is professional welder to do the welds for me, but he refused and instead outh to teach me how to weld "If you want to do this as a hobby you need to learn how to do it... you will need it, you can use my equipment!" so i learned how to weld aluminum, and it is going quite well, nice clean welds hehe

Also, if you are doing something, there isnt my way, your way, his way... there is the right way or the wrong way... took me some time to figure that out for myself :D

9vh5kg.jpg
2n1xif9.jpg

Aluminum box tubes... 

2nbabyu.jpg
2j3pb21.jpg

Kind'a expensive :/ 
Also, i will be doing aluminum case, and pics next time :D

Ok guys, i did it, i redid the frane in to an aluminum one and it turned out extra!!!

you can see it on the video below :)

The aluminum alloy that i am using is durafix, and it is insanely strong for welding, i did a weld and i smashed it with hammer trying to tare the weld and make the weld brake, the only thing that broke was the cube piple it self... and i used really small ammount of it..

You can see here, i welded, well its more like soldered only 2 sides, see how much smashing it has been trough and still survived :D

2dwck8j.jpg

141rxv7.jpg

vf21k.jpg

2469t01.jpg

Also the frame and welds, few pics... it will be done tonigh, and finally i can start painting tomorrow, i switched entire case upside down... i ended up with 2 cases :D

2nhdttj.jpg

2ew08s0.jpg

2zjcbp0.jpg

izmc0x.jpg

I hope you like it :), also guys if you ever try to do these welds, they dont stick to steel, only to "Coloured metals" so you can use steel plate instead of the one i have been using, i used Azbestus boards so i can get my nails in and keep it all at the right angle... Be advised, azbestus is highly cancerogenic... and the fumes are really rough! but i needed to keep temp and it is extremely good insulator...

Bout time!

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Yeah @Rashy , but, i had to study for exams, we just got 5PETABYTE!!! Storage at work so i had to set it up, and i had to learn how to weld alu :D all in all i think i did good time on all of the above :D 

Some closeups on the welds, and also the frame is finished, i even figured out how to fix the bend caused by heat to aluminum, tho the bend isn't big, 2-3 degrees it is still annoying and it bends entire body, all that caused because i dont have horisontal cubetube above the components (i left it open so i can tinker with it with ease... i figured few ways to fix that, and i hope you guys will like it... 

uu9af.jpg
oazupe.jpg
2hrpy0m.jpg
117u6ac.jpg

The 2-3 degrees influence in overall look of the case...

o9pfs9.jpg 
it is causing the difference of about 1-2mm from one side to the other and it pisses me off.

FIX! The simple solution.. threaded stick, with it i could adjust it all :D the pictures are low quality because of the lighting and my primary camera died... using camcorder to take photos :)

29njazs.jpg
24pje6b.jpg
loosening of the screw acts like a car lift, stretches the frame, and i got exactly what i needed :D

Hope you guys like this :D

p.s. the entire case is sanded now, it has been Gited and is ready for its first paintjob... also, going to get stuff from CoolerMaster HQ here in Serbia tomorrow morning biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Update...

So, I was at Cooler Master office here in belgrade and i got some neat stuff ;) 

1. A BOX: 

28svgi1.jpg

hehe :) 

Really now here is the bundle:

cojmo.jpg

and power supply separate from that because of the bad quality of the picture :)

4uyij9.jpg

What exactly was in the box:

1. V1000 - Fully modluar 1000w power supply

2. Storm Rapid-I mechanical gaming keyboard - cherry mx brown

3. Ten CoolerMaster Jetflo 120mm fans with red backlight

4. Storm Havoc 8200dpi Laser mouse :)

Another thanks to CoolerMaster, they made me really happy :) more pictures along the way hihi

Shakmods, nice company, nicer people :)

zvwjg8.jpg

I recieved reply from Shakmods and they decided to make me custom cables for my V1000 

Thank you guys, it is more than just sending components, it takes time and effort to make sleeved cables and i understand how much hours they will work on these... Thanks again!!!

Here is an update, i didnt have conditions for more pictures, and i allreay had similar photos of steel casing, this is aluminum.

I did few things that i didnt take a picture of, Rails were attached directly to the wood frame but now i added distancers and it slides allot better, Frame rails dont strech the frame anymore but totally oposite, they retract it now, making it more sturdy. Also the rail on wooden frame had its "toungue reduced so it can slide more to the end of the case, some screws got in the way and they are not an option for removal...

I did the hood from the top, it is now out of 3 pieces, no longer the "bend around" method, and i made a hole and attached the 2nd PSU fan grill on the side. Also i did back mesh for the future grill on the front side of the case.

Again, this is the way that PSU will go, but i will put some distancers so i can raise the platform a bit and it will allow me to make it 1-2cm wider. 

9vh20j.jpg

2r4h2eu.jpg

Again the case half way out, it is a bit bigger than last one but it was so i can increase area where the HDD's are going, i needed height so i can manipulate better. :)

51rb7r.jpg

Rims to fill the empty space between the inner and outher case, , i will fix them when i finish inner case totaly and i have exact dimensions...

2a9v0nc.jpg

nqogll.jpg

I hope you guys like the progress so far and that you understand that English isnt my native language and that i am self taught so, point me on any mistake i might have made. :) Cheers

Looks great so far. Must be a lot of work, to say the least. Props! :D

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Yeah i do, and that is because i did testing od different operating systems :) be ready for a surprise when DX12 gets here... I have seen the test resaults, Faildozer retakes the Bulldozer title ;)

And i dont really wanna get in the argument intel/AMD ... its pointless :) i am Performace/Cash ratio fanboy, and for the cash of AMD you cant get any better... also, i only once owned a intel desktop, although, all my laptops are intel :D 

Fans fit perfectly :) Love how the distance between them isnt regular, its possible to squeeze them tight together and i am really good with that :D

this is the top one, the one that will blow directly to graphic cards and cool them aditionally hehe 

2z5swf8.jpg

2dt3pu9.jpg

Isn't it a beauty to see them like this, i will lower them to go at around 700rpm, i wont need them to go any more because i will make a sandwitch out of 2 radiators and the middle ones will go at 1200 rpm just to cycle the air between 2 of them :)

It got a bit late and i couldn't take all the pictures i wanted, a bit tired... 

Also, i made my 6th and final rooftop xD

I finished the sides made of acrylic... the entire case is a bit rough, there is some things i have to finish, i got rims that will go instead of duckt tape :) but for now its like this... 

2cib50m.jpg

15yhftd.jpg

281u1cn.jpg

I admit, today its ugly as hell but with rims finished it will look much smoother :D and all.. its really robust, but i like it that way, it will be a piece of furniture in my room :D

I can, but barely... imagine it with all the parts, water, and detail work that will be added ... oh my.. :D good thing is that its from several pieces so i can move it easyer :D

I can, but barely... imagine it with all the parts, water, and detail work that will be added ... oh my.. :D good thing is that its from several pieces so i can move it easyer :D

Once mine is finished I can't lift it without the help of my girlfriend. So we are in the same boat, haha ;)

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

• 2 weeks later...