TOXIC CHROME (modded Corsair 250D)

ciobanulx
Qn4lHbv.png
Banner by Rumikarimu

Hi guys,

Welcome to a new build log for TOXIC CHROME where I will be modding and building a custom water cooled system in the Corsair 250D!

Huge thanks to MNPCTECH as they will be providing me with some modding supplies for the build, Icemodz who will be supplying the custom sleeved cables and RGB LED strips as well as Primochill who will be supplying a set of fittings. Also thanks to GGF Lan Party for providing the Corsair 250D case for me!

As the name suggests there will be chrome :D. The case will be painted a combination of chrome and blue, chrome for the outside panels and blue for the case frame. I will also be painting other components such as the radiators chrome too. I'm not exactly sure yet how I'm going to get the chrome paint done and if I will be able to do it myself with spray paint as that would be the only option if I was to paint it myself. I would sure love to do chrome plating but that would probably be way out of my reach to get the entire outside of the case done. I will be doing some research for the best and most efficient way to get the nice mirror chrome look that I'm after. Of course I'm open to suggestions so if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

I think the combination of chrome and blue will be really nice and the idea for the build is to see how friendly the Corsair 250D is to a custom watercooling loop and to fit as much water cooling components as I can in it and to just make it look radioactive with a glow from the inside. The mods to the case won't be that hard to do, mainly cutting new side panel windows and I will also be playing with MNPCTECH's nibbler tool and some aluminum sheets! The hard part will be getting all the components and custom loop in the way I imagine it. The 250D is smaller than the Bitfenix Prodigy I worked on with my Vault Boy build so this will be interesting.

You will see the same attention to detail as I have shown in my previous builds with Vault Boy and Green Molecule.

Here are the SPECS:

Case - Modded Corsair 250D
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Gaming 5
CPU - Intel Pentium Anniversary Edition G3258
GPU - EVGA GTX 670
Memory - 2 x 4GB G.Skill RipJaws 1600Mhz
SSD - 120GB Corsair Force GT
PSU - Corsair RM650 80Plus Gold

Cables - Icemodz custom sleeved cables

Radiators - Alphacool NexXxoS Full Copper ST30 240mm, Alphacool NexXxoS Full Copper UT60 140mm
Fans - 2 x 120mm Gelid Slim 12 UV Blue fans, 1 x 140mm Gelid Wing 14 UV Blue, 2 x 80mm Gelid Wing 8 UV Blue
Pump - Swiftech MCP35X with EK-DDC Heatsink Housing and EK-DDC XRES 140 CSQ pump top and reservoir combo
Reservoir - EK-RES X3 250 Reservoir
Fittings - Primochill Rigid Ghost Black fittings, various Bitspower matte black extension and angle fittings
Tubing - Primochill Rigid Clear PETG
CPU Block - EK-Supremacy CSQ Polished Nickel Plexi
GPU Block - EK-FC670 CSQ Polished Nickel Plexi
RAM Block - EK-RAM Monarch X2 CSQ Polished Nickel Plexi
Coolant - Mayhems X1 UV Clear Blue

Lighting - Icemodz Real UV LED Strips

But first, lets get the case ready! :D

Here's a quick look at the case and the layout for some components. Ignore the gold paint job as that's what the guys over at GGF had it for a custom system.

a0Smbid.jpg

ajM3zlG.jpg

CpD37nP.jpg

ZqUq2ZK.jpg

IEO2oVj.jpg

ftLAjvW.jpg

gggnDKf.jpg

dX3tbwf.jpg

UZLVkhu.jpg

kT993xi.jpg

b0VG4w1.jpg

8fFVB52.jpg

Pump with the EK 140 res mounted next to the rad here

49FBJG7.jpg

Another EK 250 res mounted horizontally here, will get rid of the drive cages and cut out a nice window for it.

WOldg2u.jpg

oWCFXjB.jpg

So the 250 res will be right underneath the 240 radiator

iE5YESC.jpg

pOMheyz.jpg

TOdLqJH.jpg

Here are the PC & Case Mod Store Supply items from Mnpctech

Mnpctech PC Case Mod Ruler & Reference Tool, http://mnpctech.com/pc-mod-tools/pc-mod-ruler/pc-modder-ruler-and-gauge.html

pc_mod_computer_repair_screw_reference_p

PC Case Panel Modding Nibbler Tool from Mnpctech, http://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gaming-pc-liquid-modding-custom-computer-mnpctech-overclock-cooling-fan-grills/pc-case-nibbler-tool.html

pc_case_mod_sheet_metal_nibbler_cutting_

Nickel Plated Vandal PC Push Button Switch for Reset or Power, http://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gaming-pc-liquid-modding-custom-computer-mnpctech-overclock-cooling-fan-grills/switches-toggle-pc-computer-power-reset/vandal-resistant-pc-power-switch-en.html

vandal_switch_pc_gaming_computer_install

Mnpctech also offers anodized colored versions of this Vandal PC Push Button Switch

anodized_red_blue_green_gold_22mm_pc_mod

3 pack of 3M Red Scotchbrite Scuff Pads, http://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gaming-pc-liquid-modding-custom-computer-mnpctech-overclock-cooling-fan-grills/3m-scotchbrite-pads-sanding-buff-scuff-scotch/3m-scotchbrite-pads-en.html

3m_scotchbrite_pads_120mm_140mm_modders_

5 pack of reinforced Dremel cutting wheels, http://mnpctech.com/pc-mod-tools/cutting-wheels.html

DiscComparison1.jpg

That's it for now peeps. Hope you will enjoy this build log and mod :D.

Thanks for checking it out.

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

RGB Led Strips?! Sponsored!? Awesome

704257793.jpg

Followed. Liked. 

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D 

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Looks epic I will be following it! 

How did you get those sponsors??? Wish I could get some for a MAAAAD build!

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

yo that GPU is so fucking sexy...

I think I just creamed myself...........

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

That wouldn't go well with a chrome and blue build, would it?

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

everything is painted gold tho

subbed,sweet gold

Thanks mate. Though the gold is just how I received the case like I stated, colour scheme will be chrome and blue :)

RGB Led Strips?! Sponsored!? Awesome

Followed. Liked. 

Haha thanks mate :D

Oh boy, coming straight from Green Molecule into this one. I'm following!

Thanks mate :D

THISGONBGUD.gif

Hahaha awesome :D

Yea I know those products but like I said in the original post "Ignore the gold paint job as that's what the guys over at GGF had it for a custom system", the case was given to me like this. Colour scheme will be chrome and blue. On MB I will be painting the heatsinks blacks so it will all be black. And even if the theme was gold having that card wouldn't matter as it will have a waterblock on, getting rid of that shinny cooler. The GTX 670 is a perfect card to pair up with the G3258 and it will look good in this system with the short pcb. As you can see most of the specs are not that hardcore, I'm mainly after a nice little portable gaming rig, nothing to powerful for this, I have my Green Molecule for that :)

Did gun b gud

Thanks mate :)

yo that GPU is so fucking sexy...

yea it's an awesome GPU, maybe in another build :P

I think I just creamed myself...........

hahaha

Yea it wouldn't :)

everything is painted gold tho

Like I said in the original post "Ignore the gold paint job as that's what the guys over at GGF had it for a custom system", the case was given to me like this. Colour scheme will be chrome and blue.

time for another awesome build

Thanks mate :D

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Looks epic I will be following it! 

How did you get those sponsors??? Wish I could get some for a MAAAAD build!

Hey mate. Thanks a lot for the follow :D. Haha by working hard on my previous builds, you can check them both out in my sig :D. Sorry I missed your post when I replied to everyone before.

SIMPLE MODZ

Hey guys,

I have updated the first post with the modding supplies MNPCTECH will be providing for the build!

Make sure to follow MNPCTECH on Facebook and check out the Mod Store at mnpctech.com

Thanks a lot to Bill Owen for helping me out with the build, I've been inspired by him for years now and I'm truly grateful to be working with him!

I should have an update on the build soon for you guys!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Hey mate. Thanks a lot for the follow :D. Haha by working hard on my previous builds, you can check them both out in my sig :D. Sorry I missed your post when I replied to everyone before.

No worries man! I am very excited to see a good build! And yes I have checked out ur other builds hence why I am so excited

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here's an update on Toxic Chrome!

Dismantled as much of the case as I could and starting to drill the mounts for everything. Gonna get all the drilling and cutting done on the case before I get it painted. I might just get the whole thing powder coated, frame and other bits blue and then the outside panels chrome. I found a place that does chrome powder coating and it's gonna be cheaper than actually buying the paint and spraying it myself so that's good. Hopefully the chrome comes out good, we will have to see about that!

So here's the naked frame of the case pretty much.

m0KKePB.jpg

uP83q5M.jpg.

And just having a look how the 250 res is gonna sit and already there is a problem with the res holders. The res fits between the side of the case and the radiator without the holders but not with them unfortunately.

Er2SOri.jpg

So what I did is broke off one side of the res holders and gonna sit the res in like that, supporting it with the holders on one side and with the case panel on the other. Also once I get fittings between it and the 240 rad, it should stay in place quite nicely.

tO9UlsA.jpg

0S8zczn.jpg

3GyNS8d.jpg

SmqWZm5.jpg

NhqgKMW.jpg

LGaqRIU.jpg

mxZsVKD.jpg

WAQFBgq.jpg

TGGO8ca.jpg

cIDsCHp.jpg

I think it looks pretty good in there. Just need to get all the side and top windows cut now and mount the other res along with the pump.

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

the res mount is great! love it :lol: huge amount of rads in such a small build is nice to see too! can't wait for the next update already haha

the res mount is great! love it :lol: huge amount of rads in such a small build is nice to see too! can't wait for the next update already haha

They're not that small. They have quite a big foot print too.

Nice to see it'll be packed with gear though.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Thanks a lot man :D

They're not that small. They have quite a big foot print too.

Nice to see it'll be packed with gear though.

Thanks man! Yea the 250D is a great little case :D. I will put it next to my other builds in the end for a size comparison :)

SIMPLE MODZ

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Worked on getting the side panel window cut outs done for all the windows I will attach to the case, a total of three.

I will be bolting the clear acrylic this time and I will have it on the outside of the case. That is so I can keep the inward part where the grill on the side panel is. I have seen other people do it before and I think it looks interesting.

Here we go with the dremel and jigsaw!

XdA20Ft.jpg

ADYiUka.jpg

MaGb63z.jpg

X0tr2Db.jpg

5iaMFzx.jpg

PxgonJv.jpg

X5QqabU.jpg

Ph3UqTp.jpg

NfRkbLn.jpg

r5NTlFW.jpg

7nmtKn0.jpg

EzmO0l4.jpg

OgY0HP9.jpg

TL8PRNC.jpg

6dYSDYX.jpg

XX2nvew.jpg

latQrTs.jpg

kmykGfp.jpg

Hvf0NTH.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and I hope you like my window designs.

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ