Mouse Pad Buyer's Guide for Gamers

I DIYed a mousepad out of transparency film. I just sanded one side with at least a 1000 grit sandpaper. Works like a charm.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

I think it's a practice makes perfect thing, I had to do an ungodly amount of presentations in college, presenting projects and stuff we worked on and I simply sucked at first. Now I'm actually decent and it helps in a professional environment. 

All I have to say is hand movement, don't be afraid to emphasize points with some limited hand movements, if you're struggling to keep them somewhere away it is noticeable.

That all being said Edzel did get me interested in looking into mousepads after about 5-7 years of not using them, so well done. 

The slow mo tests got me tbh, didn't realize the difference some of those pads can have.

yeah, totally agree.  I like that he was really thorough and detailed in explaining all the different types of mousepads, unlike Linus who lately seems to be skimping through things as fast as possible (pun intended).  Sometimes I feel Linus spends more time talking about the sponsor than the actual product itself.

Can't I have it fast and soft?

Can't I have it fast and soft?

nope

I've never used a mousepad in my setup before in my life (I probably will upgrade sometime) but I don't find it a big deal, my desk surface is just fine. I think he should've done a control with just painted/finished wood. A different video alltogether could be different desk surfaces and how they affect mouse performance.

I don't care for his voice, his personality, or the content in this video. I encourage him to try harder. Edzel can do better.

There was something about the CM Storm one that turned me off from it, I can't remember what right now...

And did you mean the Mad Catz link when you referred to Roccat? Also, I didn't realize Madcatz was still in the PC game. xD I'll have to get one. It looks good.

Yeah sorry it must have been the colours that mixed me up. 

nice vid Edzel came just at the right time.i just started searching for a new pad and i think i will try one of those hybrid pads.

I like Edzel because I feel he's "one of us" -- The guy who plays CS:GO more than he should, loves to yell at his computer screen when the scrub feeds Vayne and the occasional peek outside the bedroom window to make sure it's not looking like daytime (again). While I think Luke and Linus are great, they do appear to have a social schedule that exceeds most of the nerdy people that watch their videos. Furthermore, a lot of the times it feels like Luke/Linus's tech street cred is focused on video content creation not personal use these days. Where I might genuinely believe Edzel rubbed a mousepad on his body (back of his wrist, as it were. Right?!) for hours to discern what level of softness he preferred. 

All of this is not to say that I think L&L are somehow less relevant or less fun to watch. The news anchor on TV is not a nuclear physicist but they still report on the nuclear crisis. I just mean to say that each host has a different personality and background that makes each relateble (is that a word?) in different ways.

Edzel fills a niche that the others do not. I'd love to see more (just like i'd love to see more of Brandon!). Edzel could probably pull off things like...game reviews. Word from a true fragger, moba carry and all around pwnificator (now that's totally a word). 

I JUST WANT MORE LINUS TECH TIPS. 

K thanks.

-GM

-snip-

I agree with everything you said, now I want Edzels opinion on mice and keyboards as well.

snip

Still shipping linus and luke.

xD

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Yay! I actually limit my game time these days 'cause of my wrist/elbow/what-have-you and high-maintenance people who would prefer to have my attention to herself.

I mean, for CSGO, I'm LE with 40-50 wins. I don't play as much as I'd like. xD

Follow me on Twitter at: @edzelyago

Yay! I actually limit my game time these days 'cause of my wrist/elbow/what-have-you and high-maintenance people who would prefer to have my attention to herself.

I mean, for CSGO, I'm LE with 40-50 wins. I don't play as much as I'd like. xD

Women ey? Can't they let a man game in peace... I know that feel bro

• 2 months later...

Hey people that followed this topic . Have a free notification .

I have a Qck+  , you ?

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys! I wanted to buy a mousepad but I don't know which one! any suggestion? I would like something not too big and not too expensive! any suggestion?

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys! I wanted to buy a mousepad but I don't know which one! any suggestion? I would like something not too big and not too expensive! any suggestion?

If I may ask why big? Do you use a low dpi? Also what do you consider big?

• 2 years later...
On 4/8/2015 at 3:48 PM, Deekerr16 said:

I've never used a mousepad in my setup before in my life (I probably will upgrade sometime) but I don't find it a big deal, my desk surface is just fine. I think he should've done a control with just painted/finished wood. A different video alltogether could be different desk surfaces and how they affect mouse performance.

In that case you don't even need to be bothered by mousepads if you feel really good with the desk surface, since that's what mousepads are for in the first place I suspect, or just one out of many reasons. Personally my palm tends to sweat, so a cloth sucking up moisture and sweat would be a good thing for me, since I have wood desk, but not a hard wood, and it's already kind of a fucked up desk over time, so I will have to buy even a new desk sometime in future, preferably soon. I haven't used a pad since beginning of my desk and PC, I didn't needed to use it at first, but few years back I was in a need of one, but never bothered to get one since they are not cheap in such sense that these are just mousepads, not some rare silk material or something found only in Arab countries or whatever, so I abstained from getting one. Plus, my desk is narrow for a keyboard and mouse, so it's the other issue with the desk. Desk is big, but narrow for PC gaming stuff and freedom.