'Bendghazi' returns: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge just as bendable as Apple's iPhone 6 Plus

12390-6201-Screenshot-2015-04-03-222511-

Oh no, what ever will the fanboys have to argue about now?! WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?!

Just kidding. But know that this is just gonna be one hilarious debacle. I'm curious to see what excuses the Samsung side presents (cause the excuses that the Apple side presented before were pretty hilarious as well). You know whats worse? Samsung gave Apple so much shit in PR over this last year, its going to be fairly embarrassing. 

Hey, at least my 6+ bends and thats it. You guys get to enjoy shattered glass. Oh wait you say, who would actually bend their phone like that in real life use? To which I say, no one. But that doesn't stop fanboys from being fanboys on either side. Just like people gave Apple shit, I expect you all to give Samsung shit. 

Remember, this is the crap that HTC (who also didn't fare well with the M9) and Samsung gave last year...

Both the Galaxy S6 Edge and iPhone 6 Plus bent at approximately 110 pounds of pressure, 

tests performed by third-party warranty firm SquareTrade. Unlike the iPhone -- which merely bent -- the S6 Edge suffered a cracked screen as well.

This puts Samsung in a potentially embarrassing situation. The company was one of many that piled on Apple after stories of bent iPhone 6 Plus units began to surface last year. and now finds itself in the same unwanted spotlight.

SquareTrade also tested HTC's new One M9, which bent -- and broke completely -- at 120 pounds of pressure.

SquareTrade said that while these results may not constitute "Bendgate 2," they could be even worse for Samsung fans than Apple's own PR issues of last year.

"Because instead of a bent phone, they may have a pocket full of glass," they said.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/185574/bendgate-returns-samsung-galaxy-s6-edge-just-as-bendable-as-apples-iphone-6-plus

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/04/03/samsungs-galaxy-s6-bends/

http://mashable.com/2015/04/02/samsung-galaxy-s6-edge-bend-test/

GOD DAMNIT NOT THIS AGAIN

Buckle up, we're in this for the long haul 

Oh Christ, here comes the siege.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I'd rather take a sledgehammer to that stupid phone to end it once and for all.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

"Do the bender!"

Seriously, why do people still buy Samsung phones? They're just like Apple in so many ways, except the fanboys are like "ERMHAGERD, IPHONE PEASANT HUR HUR HUR HUR"

I hate Samsung phones so mcuh

I swear to god I'm going to buy a second or third hand smartphone and bend it over my Nokia Lumia 822

Just to laugh.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

:(

Okay... *Click*

You're gonna need safety glasses too, cause this phone shatters 

:D

Meh, people have no irrational love for Samsung (Not in the way they do have it for Apple) I feel this will die out a lot faster and people just go "Yeah fuck Samsung anyway"

-------

Current Rig

-------

You're gonna need safety glasses too, cause this phone shatters 

:D

LOL

Man... People really need to stop putting their phones in their back pocket and need to stop using skinny jeans lol

LOL

Man... People really need to stop putting their phones in their back pocket and need to stop using skinny jeans lol

Exactly. People love to complain and give Apple shit but you need to be a complete imbecile to actually bend your phone that way. 

Or you need to be as desperate as Lew for YouTube views LOL

"Do the bender!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edit: Didn't mean to repost. :/

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

8/8 would double post again

this is what happens when designers think that consumers want thinner phones, while execs want the phones to be cheap to manufacture...

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

post-144012-0-96072600-1428077575.gif (But seriously its still a great phone right?) Nothing a great case wont fix :P

Groomlake Authority

Who cares? If you put your phone in your back pocket and fall on your arse it's your own bloody fault your phone broke.

Put the phone in the front pocket and it won't be subjected to any kind of torque or bending stress, because it lies against your thigh.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

edit: double-posted because the forum didn't show the post had already been added.

Edited by Fetzie

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Who cares? If you put your phone in your back pocket and fall on your arse it's your own bloody fault your phone broke.

Put the phone in the front pocket and it won't be subjected to any kind of torque or bending stress, because it lies against your thigh.

This is what the rational people said during the Apple controversy, but people didn't care and shitposted anyways.

So I'm curios to see who here gives Samsung the same treatment, and if they don't its a nice reminder of how much hypocrisy and "hate" they have. 

I'm sorry but this started with people putting phones in their back pocket.

1 - Why put it in your back pocket when your front pockets are more easily accessible

2 - You just bought a £300+ phone, and you sit on it. Then you complain it breaks.

3 - You complain it breaks when your sitting down with it in your back pocket on your ROUNDED ass, what did you expect? for your ass to mold to the shape of your phone?!

4 - If you bought a laptop for £400, would you carry it around without a case or cover? No. Buy one for your phone which costs the same? "Nah it looks ugly" then thats your problem

Overall, peoples stupidity is the cause of this.

You want technological innovation, you want faster, brighter, higher def screens, you want thinner bodies, you want higher res, better zoom, slo-mo cameras in a thin as hell phone.

But you complain when your 150lb ass sits on it and it breaks.

People will say "But the developers should have thought of this"

Yes. They Did. But unfortunately, it's not easy to design technological equipment and high quality products which are so delicate and foresee the average moron doing some stupid like that. So they expect for the average consumer to buy the 100's of readily available cases for these products.

I'm a Big guy, I've got a thin phone, I use a rubber outer case, I put it in my front pocket.

Never broken a screen *touch wood*

Never bent a phone *touch wood*

Never bricked a phone *touch wood*

Rant over.

i7 920 @ 3.5 GHz / Gigabyte X58-USB3 / Corsair H100i / 12gb Kingston Hyper X Blu / EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ / 120gb SanDisk Extreme II / 650w PowerCool / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / TTe Sports Challenger Ultimate / TTe Sports Black Element / Corsair Raptor HS40

Top kek

Samsung gives shit to Apple yet their own new and shiney phone bends at the same weight but causes the screen to crack.

Bunch of dumbassses.