That moment when three years ago i bought win 7 home premium and now ill will be able to upgrade to win 10 :))

Tadziunia

I was unhappy with win 7 home premium , it eats a lot of ram , i paid 100usd for original copy. And now am happy that ill be able to upgrade to Win 10 completely free. 

If you did not like windows 7, Are you sure you would like windows 10?

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

^This.

I don't see Win10 being less resource hungry.

I find that as the number behind the "Windows" increases, so does the RAM / resources. I seriously doubt that Windows 10 will require or use less than 7 thou ... Maybe that's just me ...

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

I find that as the number behind the "Windows" increases, so does the RAM / resources. I seriously doubt that Windows 10 will require or use less than 7 thou ... Maybe that's just me ...

^This.

I believe, if I am not mistaken, windows 8 and 8.1 used less resources then windows 7. I don't think it is a lot but it def does. Win7 used less resources then Vista. Windows 10 is suppose to run on low powered tablets and in doing so they need to try and make it as efficient as needed. I bet it will use less resources then windows 7.

I was unhappy with win 7 home premium , it eats a lot of ram , i paid 100usd for original copy. And now am happy that ill be able to upgrade to Win 10 completely free. 

I have a question. What do you run on your PC? Also, you would have hated Vista then. HAHA

I believe, if I am not mistaken, windows 8 and 8.1 used less resources then windows 7. I don't think it is a lot but it def does. Win7 used less resources then Vista. Windows 10 is suppose to run on low powered tablets and in doing so they need to try and make it as efficient as needed. I bet it will use less resources then windows 7.

From what I've heard it's more efficient with its resources, not that it uses less. Got any sources? I'm actually somewhat curious.

From what I've heard it's more efficient with its resources, not that it uses less. Got any sources? I'm actually somewhat curious.

Not at the moment but I can. You can also search google, Bing, yahoo or what ever search engine you use.

Saying that its more efficient but uses the same resources doesn't make sense. If your being more efficient with your resources that means you are able to achieve more with what you have. That can either be you can do more things with the same resources or achieving same thing but using less of your resources. In this case, windows 8 doesn't do anything more then windows 7 really. So if it is more efficient then it would use less resources.

Not at the moment but I can. You can also search google, Bing, yahoo or what ever search engine you use.

Saying that its more efficient but uses the same resources doesn't make sense. If your being more efficient with your resources that means you are able to achieve more with what you have. That can either be you can do more things with the same resources or achieving same thing but using less of your resources. In this case, windows 8 doesn't do anything more then windows 7 really. So if it is more efficient then it would use less resources.

Not exactly. It could perform better while using the same resources, or perform significantly better with only a small increase in resource usage.

Performance is linear, resource usage is linear, but efficiency is based on multiple factors. You were implying the performance would be identical.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

^This.

Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 even more so are less resource dependent. The kernel has undergone a lot of optimizations with Windows 8 which I expect to further with Windows 10 due to it being targeted towards the mobile market heavily as well (tablets etc).