did I fry my cpu

XplosiveNoctua99

A few days ago, I tried to overclock my cpu (Phenom II X4 965 BE) and since then my pc won't start even though the oc failed and I set it back to normal 

And then I got 4 more boots after that

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Does it post? any lights on mobo? beeps?

LianLi A71F Fulltower - i7 3770k delided + Corsair H60 - G.Skill Ripjaws 16 Gb @2133 Mhz - Sabertooth Z77 - Asrock Vega 56 - Asus Xonar Essence STX - Creative SoundBlaster Omni - 2x Corsair Force GT 120 Gb - 2x WD Green 2 Tb - 1x WD Blue 2 Tb - Corsair K70 w/ Red switches - Logitech MX Anywhere 2.

did you have a noctua99 hooked up with it? if so it might have Xploded.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Did you fry your CPU?

Well.... Are you eating eggs and bacon right now?  ;)  :P  :D

In all seriousness tho.... Does it post at all? Do you get any post codes? Are there any lights on the mobo (depending on the mobo)?

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

did you have a noctua99 hooked up with it? if so it might have Xploded.

Took me a minute lol.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

To answer all questions 

No beeps or lights or post

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

You more than likely fried your CPU, if you're not getting any response whatsoever I would just recommend getting a new CPU. (and you may have fried your mobo too)

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

is the PSU able to power up?

do the paperclip test

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

is the PSU able to power up?

do the paperclip test

I don't know what that is

I don't know what that is

short the two pins as shown in the picture

PSU%20Paper%20Clip%20Test%205.png

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

With the psu on?

Fan spins

Fan spins

means PSU is good

so it mobo or CPU

means PSU is good

so it mobo or CPU

how could i tell

how could i tell

you need to bring it back to the shop and let them test the CPU and mobo in front of you

you need to bring it back to the shop and let them test the CPU and mobo in front of you

I didn't get it from a shop

and these are 5 year old parts

I didn't get it from a shop

and these are 5 year old parts

Sounds more like mobo failure, oc'd cpu's on those mobo's with weak vrm heatsinks are notorious for this

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress