case fan replacements

lukky211111

so looking around for some fans to replace my case fans in my fractal define r5. I want something that is great for cooling but is also quiet since my build is of course a more silent optimized build.

askdjfasdf

AF 140s/120s

or noctua redux

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

AF 140s/120s

or noctua redux

have you used them?

askdjfasdf

have you used them?

no, but the fans that came in my Air 540 cant really be too far off the design or quality of the aftermarket fans, and these are quite nice.

and you can expect the redux fans to be good, lets be honest, its noctua

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

no, but the fans that came in my Air 540 cant really be too far off the design or quality of the aftermarket fans, and these are quite nice.

and you can expect the redux fans to be good, lets be honest, its noctua

true it is noctua 6 year warranty on fans haha

askdjfasdf

true it is noctua 6 year warranty on fans haha

best in the biz imo

Ok...So you got a generic answer. If you want to figure out what you really need lets answer a few questions:

Are you using PWM so you can run the fans silent during idle use & max rpm during full cpu use?

Do you plan on replacing your intake fans & if so are they restricted (dust filters)?

Are you using fans for the exhaust?

Answer these and we will get you some great fans. Don't get the Corsairs AF nor the SP...you can do better in both performance & sound. Unless $ is you driving factor.

Ok...So you got a generic answer. If you want to figure out what you really need lets answer a few questions:

Are you using PWM so you can run the fans silent during idle use & max rpm during full cpu use?

Do you plan on replacing your intake fans & if so are they restricted (dust filters)?

Are you using fans for the exhaust?

Answer these and we will get you some great fans. Don't get the Corsairs AF nor the SP...you can do better in both performance & sound. Unless $ is you driving factor.

im not sure if ill be using pwm this is my first build and id like them to be silent during idle use and yes im using an exhaust fan and just the front two fans have a fan filter i may put a fan on the bottom of the case as well and that also has a fan filter.

askdjfasdf

Noctua's

Be Quiet! Silent Wings 2

Aerocool Dead Silence

have you used any of these?

askdjfasdf

how about $20 for four fans, i like them, i'm sure you can do better.

they look pretty nice actually. i may give them a try but i want something thats made to be efficent and silent.

askdjfasdf

they look pretty nice actually. i may give them a try but i want something thats made to be efficent and silent.

ace had good picks then

NF-A14 PWM of Redux P14. I have the redux's in my server which is in a R5 Titanium.

AF 140s/120s

or noctua redux

Those undervolt poorly. I have tried both retain and th one that shipped in my air 540 and 750D.

NF-A14 PWM of Redux P14. I have the redux's in my server which is in a R5 Titanium.

can you give me a newegg link?

askdjfasdf

NF-A14 PWM http://goo.gl/ByvDZW

NF-P14s Redux http://goo.gl/mqHi8T

Either way you'll want this also if your filling up the case to help with PWM control http://goo.gl/3wqeou .

NF-A14 PWM http://goo.gl/ByvDZW

NF-P14s Redux http://goo.gl/mqHi8T

Either way you'll want this also if your filling up the case to help with PWM control http://goo.gl/3wqeou .

why do i need that 8 way fan splitter? also are the noctuas really quiet in the r5? im gonna be mounting one on the bottom as well to help bring in cool air.

askdjfasdf

have you used any of these?

I'm sorry but I haven't use any of these. These are just my options if I were to purchase a silent ones. I come up with the list by researching the same questions and suggestions. I am not sure if anyone will reply that already tested a couple of silent fans.

why do i need that 8 way fan splitter? also are the noctuas really quiet in the r5? im gonna be mounting one on the bottom as well to help bring in cool air.

To hook up all the fans via one header? I imagine youll have at least 4-5? Yes they are very quiet the A14's a bit mroe so than the P14r's though.

PWM signal can get weak if you were to split multiple fans in one header. You better take TheProfosist suggestions.

You can also consider this one as an option.

post-161551-0-27511500-1427960807.jpg

PWM signal can get weak if you were to split multiple fans in one header. You better take TheProfosist suggestions.

You can also consider this one as an option.

its not that the PWM signal gets weak its that header may not be able to output enough amperage and PWM only need straight 12v. The reason why I recommended the Hub and not a splitter like that is because its just much cleaner for cable management.

its not that the PWM signal gets weak its that header may not be able to output enough amperage and PWM only need straight 12v. The reason why I recommended the Hub and not a splitter like that is because its just much cleaner for cable management.

And yeah I missed to mention the amperage part that's why I recommended the one with molex power connector. 

To hook up all the fans via one header? I imagine youll have at least 4-5? Yes they are very quiet the A14's a bit mroe so than the P14r's though.

alrighty thank you very much dude! 

And yeah I missed to mention the amperage part that's why I recommended the one with molex power connector. 

alrighty thank you !

askdjfasdf

yep I just dont like thos ebecause they get messy also i could wire that up with extra stuff I have lying around :P

alrighty thank you very much dude! 

alrighty thank you !

NP