Swiftech took my money and broken pump, no replies.

powerprogoose
Go to solution Solved by Lays,

Call and ask for Brian if you can, he has helped me a few times and he's pretty nice.

I bought a few things from swiftech back in february and unfortunately the pump croaked in 10 days. I contatacted them and they gave me an RMA number. I sent them the pump and after a week I didn't hear from them so I emailed them and they told me that they haven't got to it yet. They said it usually takes 1 week turnaround for RMAs but they were busy so it would take 2 weeks. I waited another week and still nothing. So I emailed them again and they said they checked the pump and it was indeed broken. They also said the new pump would ship that day or the next. I live about 20 miles from them so I figured another week was enough time. Nothing!. I emailed asking for a tracking number or even a refund if they didn't want to deal with me and they just completely stopped replying to me emails. I was going to rant on their forum but for some reason I can't even login or get an activation email, they must have blocked my email in their system or something. It's been almost a month since I sent them the broken pump and I'm still waiting. I've never RMAd anything and unfortunately my first time is turning out to be a complete nightmare. Shame on you Swiftech!

Asus Sabertooth 990FX | AMD FX-8370 | Gskill ripjaws z series 16GB | Asus Strix GTX970 | EVGA Supernova 850 | Samsung 840 Evo | Corsair 780T

Call and ask for Brian if you can, he has helped me a few times and he's pretty nice.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

holy balls! that is indeed a nightmare scenario. there might be grounds for legal action but honestly it probably wouldn't be worth the cost. talk about bad customer service. i'm sorry you had to go through this man.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

-SNIP-

Yeah I don't know what's going on with swiftech theses days they seem to take a long time for a lot of stuff or service is lacking. Try to call them directly to see if they will pickup and talk to someone in person.

Just an experience of mine, I ordered some fittings through NCIX which is a reseller of swiftech products to supply Canada which would take approx <2 months at most to get things here which I did so early on in mid Jan hoping to get things completed by early March. Low and behold I find out they have a manufacturing issues with with their entire fittings lineup and no one is getting new supplies recently.  :mellow:

BTW welcome to the Forums!

Thanks you guys. I will try calling tomorrow. They shipped the item very quickly and the cpu block works well. The screw holes on the rad didn't quite line up. Of course the pump that I RMAed wouldn't power on after 10 days. It's really too bad because I liked the fact that their warehouse is near me but I probably wouldn't buy from them unless I was desperate.

Asus Sabertooth 990FX | AMD FX-8370 | Gskill ripjaws z series 16GB | Asus Strix GTX970 | EVGA Supernova 850 | Samsung 840 Evo | Corsair 780T

if they have twitter, blast them on there you might get a response, thats what i do when i have an issue with a company, all the ones iv done it to have gotten back to me, might be worth a try =) 

Specs 

CPU-Intel I7 4790K- @ 4.5Ghz / Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero VII / GPU - GTX 980 @ 1592MHz / RAM - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400Mhz / Cooler - Corsair H105 / SSD - Samsung 250gb 840 EVO / HDD - 2x 2tb Seagate/3x 3tb Seagate / PSU - Corsair RM1000 / Keyboard - Corsair K70 / Mouse - Corsair M65 / Case - Custom Glass panel Corsair Obsidian 750D -  Still saving for upgrades =)

They do have a twitter. I guess that means I need to learn how to use twitter. Lol

It took some persistence but I finally got a new pump. After posting on their forum Bryan helped me and if this new pump keeps working then the nightmare is finally over...I hope.