hey guys, tiger direct is the only place that i found that has it in stock at MSRP.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9674265&CatId=5469

newegg is out of stock

amazon- ~$850

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

The Product is only on the asus website and a few others not ncix or amazon http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.HB0AA.001

LTT should really check these things before they upload videos and link people to buy possibly the wrong thing i know its a tedious process but it doesnt take that lonk 

The Product is only on the asus website and a few others not ncix or amazon http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.HB0AA.001

LTT should really check these things before they upload videos and link people to buy possibly the wrong thing i know its a tedious process but it doesnt take that lonk 

You mean Acer website. If you spend this much money and you're not taking a close look at what you actually are buying, then you're just reckless. Personally I can't blame LTT for this.

Ok, thanks a lot. So you think the ULMB doesn't really matter, and I should get this monitor?

Also will my GPU be able to handle this monitor, and this is really advanced monitor... so shouldn't go out of date for a very long time as has pretty much everything possible in a monitor today?

I don't think it really matters for ULMB but to be honest I've never really used it. I'll turn it on and run some tests, see if it's different and good/better. But I never saw a need to use it.

With your 650 TI, I wouldn't recommend the 1440p monitor as you'll definitely have to make quite a few graphics compromises to even get the game running at that. You *could* get it and maybe run at 1080p but i'm unsure if that's ideal for something like this (or at all). Personally, I wouldn't recommend going 1440p on a 650 TI unless you really only plan on running low demanding games. I'd try to upgrade if you can, even if it is a used GPU. 

Please just make it a couple of inches smaller and 16:10, then it would be perfect.

well its $799 us or $948 canadian

my asus swift was $799 from best buy. it works and i like it. the swift is 949 on best buy now also so the original canadian prices are hiked or the us dollar is way higher again

I don't think it really matters for ULMB but to be honest I've never really used it. I'll turn it on and run some tests, see if it's different and good/better. But I never saw a need to use it.

With your 650 TI, I wouldn't recommend the 1440p monitor as you'll definitely have to make quite a few graphics compromises to even get the game running at that. You *could* get it and maybe run at 1080p but i'm unsure if that's ideal for something like this (or at all). Personally, I wouldn't recommend going 1440p on a 650 TI unless you really only plan on running low demanding games. I'd try to upgrade if you can, even if it is a used GPU. 

Any suggestions for a GPU? Problem is I will have to also upgrade my PSU due to it being 450W and already got i7 3770k. But oh well, I will do it. What GPU would you say would be good for the job? I mean I will only really be playing CSGO and Minecraft anyway, so the 650 might be able to hold out. But may as well get a new GPU for other games in the future anyway.

I got mine and set it up yesterday. Came packed in a big box with plenty of packing material. Hats off to you Acer for not shipping it in just the retail box. thumb.gif

I calibrated it using TFTCentral's settings and icc profile. Ran all the pixel screen tests and have zero dead or stuck pixels, basically pixel perfect.

I have the screen running at 25% brightness and have almost non-existent backlight bleed using a black background. The panel is basically flawless.

This screen blows me away, it's simply the best picture I've seen on a computer monitor. G-sync is really a eye opening experience, I don't think I could ever go back.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

I got mine and set it up yesterday. Came packed in a big box with plenty of packing material. Hats off to you Acer for not shipping it in just the retail box. thumb.gif

I calibrated it using TFTCentral's settings and icc profile. Ran all the pixel screen tests and have zero dead or stuck pixels, basically pixel perfect.

I have the screen running at 25% brightness and have almost non-existent backlight bleed using a black background. The panel is basically flawless.

This screen blows me away, it's simply the best picture I've seen on a computer monitor. G-sync is really a eye opening experience, I don't think I could ever go back.

I hope mine will be perfect like yours. It's out for shipping now so I should have it in few hours.

CASE - CM Storm Stryker, PSU - EVGA 1000 P2 80+ Plat, CPU - i7 4790K w/ NZXT Kraken X61, GPU - MSI GTX 1080 TI Seahawk X, MB - ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII, RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaw X Series (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600, SSD - SAMSUNG 1 TB, DISPLAY - ACER XB270HU + SAMSUNG S24C570HL

I have a question about this monitor. In the review of the Asus RoG Swift PG278Q, Linus commented the near instant power on then pressing the power button. How fast is the power on time of the Acer XB270HU? The BenQ monitor I use now takes about ten seconds from turning on to showing an image.

I have a question about this monitor. In the review of the Asus RoG Swift PG278Q, Linus commented the near instant power on then pressing the power button. How fast is the power on time of the Acer XB270HU? The BenQ monitor I use now takes about ten seconds from turning on to showing an image.

There is a quick Acer splash screen when you power it on (may be a way to disable this, haven't dug into options yet). Takes about 4-5 seconds to display image.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

It is a lot better than ten seconds. I assume the time is even shorter when resuming from standby mode?

I just received and set the monitor up.

It's so beautiful. No dead pixel and no backlight bleed.

Quick question though, is there an easier way to turn on/off GSYNC?

A bit of a hassle to go back and forth into the NVIDIA Control Panel.

CASE - CM Storm Stryker, PSU - EVGA 1000 P2 80+ Plat, CPU - i7 4790K w/ NZXT Kraken X61, GPU - MSI GTX 1080 TI Seahawk X, MB - ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII, RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaw X Series (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600, SSD - SAMSUNG 1 TB, DISPLAY - ACER XB270HU + SAMSUNG S24C570HL

Any suggestions for a GPU? Problem is I will have to also upgrade my PSU due to it being 450W and already got i7 3770k. But oh well, I will do it. What GPU would you say would be good for the job? I mean I will only really be playing CSGO and Minecraft anyway, so the 650 might be able to hold out. But may as well get a new GPU for other games in the future anyway.

If you really only want to play Minecraft and CSGO then the 650 TI might be able to hold out, you'd might have to lower settings a bit on CSGO to play at 144hz 1440p. If you want to upgrade your GPU, I'd probably recommend something like a 770 or 970, 960 maybe. I'm not too sure on those GPU's performance on 1440p for minecraft/CSGO.

I will just keep on buying tvs and playing on them until the G-SYNC and FreeSync war ends and they decide on one to use.  

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I will just keep on buying tvs and playing on them until the G-SYNC and FreeSync war ends and they decide on one to use.

I suppose you also don't use either intel or AMD CPUs until 'they' decide on which one to use or any piece of technology that has variants and competitors either...

There is no war. G-sync and freesync are not the same thing. Two seperate products that are very similar. I am afraid you will never use a variable refresh rate tech ever if you wait for that.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

If you really only want to play Minecraft and CSGO then the 650 TI might be able to hold out, you'd might have to lower settings a bit on CSGO to play at 144hz 1440p. If you want to upgrade your GPU, I'd probably recommend something like a 770 or 970, 960 maybe. I'm not too sure on those GPU's performance on 1440p for minecraft/CSGO.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the help!

Sorry for the quality, I can never really get it right. These 2 clips are filmed with Shadowplay and same settings used in movie maker, you could probably slow it down if you wanted via youtube settings. I don't really see any difference, but I do play CS:GO without any motion blur.

Sorry for the quality, I can never really get it right. These 2 clips are filmed with Shadowplay and same settings used in movie maker, you could probably slow it down if you wanted via youtube settings. I don't really see any difference, but I do play CS:GO without any motion blur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoeSf2GrVLw

not sure but I don't think it works in video for those of us without the ULMB on.

EDIT: For Australians, this has been up for a few days but this monitor is $1000 AUD

http://www.acer.com.au/ac/en/AU/content/model/UM.HB0SA.003

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

not sure but I don't think it works in video for those of us without the ULMB on.

EDIT: For Australians, this has been up for a few days but this monitor is $1000 AUD

http://www.acer.com.au/ac/en/AU/content/model/UM.HB0SA.003

Yeah I was just thinking I'm not entirely sure if it would even show up properly on the video. Basically, I didn't see a difference between the 2 running CS:GO at max settings with no motion blur on in the game menu. If anything, I'd probably recommend using G-Sync over ULMB.

Hey, I bought one !!!

... and it's broken. Backlight bleed of death, going into standby every hour for like 2 seconds and image distortion.

WHY ???!!!

Well lets wait for the Acer RMA then :(

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

For those who already have a working product, can you guys share what setting you guys are using?

I'm using Gamma 2.5, User setting (50,50,55), Brightness at 35 and Contrast at 40.

Hey, I bought one !!!

... and it's broken. Backlight bleed of death, going into standby every hour for like 2 seconds and image distortion.

WHY ???!!!

Well lets wait for the Acer RMA then :(

Very unfortunate. Seems like it is happening way too often. I hope you get a working one!

I will still be buying, fingers crossed for a working one =\

Thanks, and I agree, don't even see a difference