The new, but not improved GTX 660 Ti ITX Mod!

NOW INTRODUCING THE NEW NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti ITX (SLS-660TiGTX-2G-ITX). NOW AVAILABLE FROM FUTURE SHOP AND CIRCUIT CITY FOR ZAR123,456,789.10. #TEAMGREEN

In all seriousness though, I have a reference design NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti from EVGA. It's a decent card, puts up a good fight against my R9 270X. I've decided to make some changes to it though. In the interests of temps and size, I wanted to change the cooling setup on the card. However, I didn't know where to start. But then, @givingtnt came to the rescue with an idea. Why not pull the reference cooler off and put on some fans? Made enough sense to me, so that's exactly what I did.

RwskxPG.jpg

fGPF0Yh.jpg

That's what the card looks like with no shroud or blower fan. The heatsinks aren't the biggest I've ever seen, but they'll do. Maybe I'll figure out something else in the future. Now I need some fans. I browsed on Newegg for like 20 minutes, did some tape-measure measurements and it dawned on me. I have a Node 304, it has 92mm fans. 92mm fans should be perfect. I got my case, pulled two fans and taped them together with Gorilla Tape. It holds rather well, more solid than I could have asked for.

FWwUKIC.jpg

How do I secure the fans then? My first test-fit was done with tape, but it didn't hold well because of the card's shape. So I got my hot glue gun, noticed there wasn't much glue left in it and I found a chopstick to push it through with. Job done.

Rlk90fI.jpg

zTc0aA5.jpg

It isn't the prettiest thing in the world, nor is it the thinnest. I want to know from any Elite 110 owners, how much space is there from the area where the PCB of the card would be to the side panel? If it fits, it sits and I make the Pentium ITX. If not, I'll get some slim fans and try again. For temps, after testing with Unigine Valley and having the fans at max speed (they're still pretty quiet), I achieved load temps of around 75C. It's not that amazing, but not too shabby either. I will probably find some higher performance fans. It's still better than the stock cooler's around 80C though.

Bonus: My PC now, sans HDD. HDD is kill, liek s0 kill.

RjqpRLN.jpg

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)