Cherry MX Blues for Gaming?

Tim Drake

Well, sadly Ireland doesn't have Best Buy so...

Anyways.

Blues are fairly light and they're quite clicky. If you like the click and the tactile bump then go for them. Obviously you'll actuate a key faster with Reds, but Blues are still quite good. Keep in mind though that no switch is "meant" for gaming. It's all personal preference. I do prefer to game on Reds as well as type on Greens but this should mean nothing to you.

I already knwo all this but thanks :P

Blues are great for gaming, I could not play with out them.

I feel like if your getting reds then you might as well get a membrane because they feel the same.

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Blues are great for gaming, I could not play with out them.

I feel like if your getting reds then you might as well get a membrane because they feel the same.

Reds feel a lot better for gaming to me but I typed so inaccurately so no thanks.

Reds feel a lot better for gaming to me but I typed so inaccurately so no thanks.

The problem with reds is that they're a linear switch.  If you press hard on browns, which you will when you're gaming, they will feel pretty much the same as reds, but it's when you're typing where browns shine over reds.  So the benefits of switches with an actuation bump are better IMO.

You could also try blacks, it takes some getting used to, but the ones I've tried in the store felt really good, it's still linear but you get a really weighty, satisfying keypress.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

I've had red black and blue (not brown).. 

Black - Returned it, way to hard to press down.. it's nearly impossible to hold down the W button for longer than 5mins.

Blue - Switches feel like there's sand inbetween the keys, and I dislike the clicky feel/sound, the noise it makes is unbearable imo.

Red - PERFECT, feels weird at first as you don't have tact feedback, but it's great. I never ever wish anything over red anymore.

Red and Black are basically the same, apart from the fact that black is way harder to press down, both have no tact feedback. Go for red, if you're thinking between red and blue ;)

People that say that red is only good for gaming and not for typing, well you're wrong. I type daily and I would not wanna type on anything over the red, they're superior in everything imo.

It doesn't matter what key switches you get for gaming or not. I play on both Browns and Blues, though, I prefer browns for their lighter touch, I just cant get away from my tactility. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

You can game on any switch. Ignore the people who say any switch but Reds are for gaming.

Reds may have been made with gaming in mind, but you won't have any advantage over anyone with any type of switch.

99% true. Reds do have a higher(?) activation and reset point so they can theoretically be double/rapid pressed faster. But for all intensive purposes no switch really has any major advancement over the other.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

99% true. Reds do have a higher(?) activation and reset point so they can theoretically be double/rapid pressed faster. But for all intensive purposes no switch really has any major advancement over the other.

Intents and purposes* :P

Intents and purposes* :P

Hmm. I feel slightly foolish....

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

the only thing i find bad about my MX blue keys for my gaming usage (arma etc.. allot of FPS stuff) is the occasional press _ shitton of times for said action and only then you start regretting getting blues. Everything else they are just awesome, and sound awesome.

:/

the only thing i find bad about my MX blue keys for my gaming usage (arma etc.. allot of FPS stuff) is the occasional press _ shitton of times for said action and only then you start regretting getting blues. Everything else they are just awesome, and sound awesome.

What?

The only reason why they are classified as bad for gaming is because you can't quickly spam a button with MX blue switches, unlike any other switch. If you don't play anything which requires spamming keys then you shouldn't have any issue with mx blues for gaming

:/

While it's personal preference, I'd lean toward blues. I might have a bias toward them because I type a lot more than I game but I've never had a problem with using blues. I don't find them too loud at all and I use open headphones. I tend to find the clicking almost rhythmic when typing continuously, and if you do find them too loud I believe you can also quieten them with o rings if you want.

its all a matter of personal preference i like brown and clear switches but my brother swears by blues for everything. I recommend testing the switches out before buying them.

its all a matter of personal preference i like brown and clear switches but my brother swears by blues for everything. I recommend testing the switches out before buying them.

Unfortunately I live on a shitty island called Northern Ireland where the only tech store has a K65 with MX Reds or a BlackWidow with shitty Razer switches :P