Best Bang for your Buck

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qcXGD3

there is the build, so, how did i do?

not necessarily a budget, but trying to get the best performance per price.

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

SSD is bad replace it with something from Crucial or Samsung

NAND in the SSD was replaced making it way slow

Also that PSU is waaay overkill for one 970

What are you planning on doing on this System?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

What are you planning on doing on this System?

probably game, photoshop, etc.

just wondering what I can get that would be the best use of the money

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

SSD is bad replace it with something from Crucial or Samsung

NAND in the SSD was replaced making it way slow

why are kingston SSDs bad?

and its significantly cheaper.

Solitaire. 

This isn't "bang for buck". Intel and Nvidia isn't bang for buck no matter how you look at it.

why are kingston SSDs bad?

and its significantly cheaper.

I explained it to you

This isn't "bang for buck". Intel and Nvidia isn't bang for buck no matter how you look at it.

with a certain performance level.

An AMD 8320 might be better performance per price, but the performance is inadequate. 

Solitaire. 

why are Kingston SSDs looked down upon, i have one and it does its job. 

Solitaire. 

with a certain performance level.

An AMD 8320 might be better performance per price, but the performance is inadequate. 

Performance in single threaded applications, certainly. But then it's impossible to get better performance in multithreaded applications for less cash than AMD. At least new it isn't. Go second hand and you can get some good shit for relatively low cash.

why are Kingston SSDs looked down upon, i have one and it does its job. 

It's barely faster than an HDD

Performance in single threaded applications, certainly. But then it's impossible to get better performance in multithreaded applications for less cash than AMD. At least new it isn't. Go second hand and you can get some good shit for relatively low cash.

That 4790K will destroy what he needs to do.... This is bang for buck

Solitaire. 

Solitaire. 

and guys, most porcesses are single threaded, at least until directX 12

Solitaire. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($279.99 @ Micro Center) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($110.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  ($13.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1186.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-31 16:43 EDT-0400

Knocked $100 off. Ain't no thang. Seriously though, you haven't lost anything in my spec change. The case is a bit more nice, and since it comes with 3 fans, you don't need to blow $32 on more. PSU is from a more reputable OEM, and costs the same as the 750w model before rebates (and less after rebate). DVD drive is cheaper, but not worse. Same with the mobo.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($279.99 @ Micro Center) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($110.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  ($13.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1186.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-31 16:43 EDT-0400

Knocked $100 off. Ain't no thang. Seriously though, you haven't lost anything in my spec change. The case is a bit more nice, and since it comes with 3 fans, you don't need to blow $32 on more. PSU is from a more reputable OEM, and costs the same as the 750w model before rebates (and less after rebate). DVD drive is cheaper, but not worse. Same with the mobo.

you got a combo on the board

also mine had 2133 MHz memory, as well as a fully modular PSU, and the RAID SSDs

other than that, I'm not sure if i trust MSI for their motherboards, bad experience with PCI slots being brittle.

TBH, the 2 fans i added werent necessary, but I thought the LEDs were cool.

Solitaire. 

you got a combo on the board

also mine had 2133 MHz memory, as well as a fully modular PSU, and the RAID SSDs

other than that, I'm not sure if i trust MSI for their motherboards, bad experience with PCI slots being brittle.

TBH, the 2 fans i added werent necessary, but I thought the LEDs were cool.

If the combo was for $100 then it would be worth it. You can overclock RAM. The non modular cables on the power supply are cables you will be using, whether or not those cables are modular is neither here nor there. If you want RAID SSD's, then get something cheaper but still reputable such as http://pcpartpicker.com/part/sandisk-internal-hard-drive-sdssdp128gg25

If you think the MSI boards are insufficient, then either that Gigabyte board or http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-z97extreme3 this will also do.

If the combo was for $100 then it would be worth it. You can overclock RAM. The non modular cables on the power supply are cables you will be using, whether or not those cables are modular is neither here nor there. If you want RAID SSD's, then get something cheaper but still reputable such as http://pcpartpicker.com/part/sandisk-internal-hard-drive-sdssdp128gg25

If you think the MSI boards are insufficient, then either that Gigabyte board or http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-z97extreme3 this will also do.

fair enough, the specs are more or less the same.

Solitaire. 

I think you shouldn't be getting an overkill PSU.

Linus made a video about picking the right PSU. 

I'd probably get an i5 CPU instead.