what do you rate my build

RAM is like VRAM. Your PC uses it as it is avaiable. Some games will use 6GB+, just because you have like 8GB.

I survived with 4GB RAM and it hanging around 80%, but now that I have more RAM, it also uses more of it. I idle at around 55% RAM usage.

Some more RAM would be optimal and please, if you are gaming change that FX 8350 CPU to a i5 4440 CPU.

It will be much better for gaming and you actually have an upgrade path

I got 16 GB and with most games I just use around 5-7GB with Firefox in the background

Everything that's in my PC and on my desk

Intel Core i5 4670K | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 770 Gaming 2GB | Corsair Obsidian 450D | Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD | Toshiba 1TB HDD | Corsair CX750M  | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH Edition | NZXT Hue RGB Leds | 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition | Corsair AF120 Performance Edition | Nanoxia Frontpanel Extension Red | AOC G2770PQU | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate MX Brown | Corsair Vengeance M65 FPS | Corsair Vengeance 1500

i have £76 left with all that in my build can you recommend me a better ram for now and a new processor with have to wait because the 970 is a must bud

Why is the 970 a must buy?

i have £76 left with all that in my build can you recommend me a better ram for now and a new processor with have to wait because the 970 is a must bud

If you really want nVidia go with the 960, that would save a lot of money for a better cpu + ram

Everything that's in my PC and on my desk

Intel Core i5 4670K | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 770 Gaming 2GB | Corsair Obsidian 450D | Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD | Toshiba 1TB HDD | Corsair CX750M  | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH Edition | NZXT Hue RGB Leds | 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition | Corsair AF120 Performance Edition | Nanoxia Frontpanel Extension Red | AOC G2770PQU | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate MX Brown | Corsair Vengeance M65 FPS | Corsair Vengeance 1500

My build is:
MOBO: gigabyte ga-78lmt-usb3
Cooler:Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
cpu: AMD-FX-8320 Eight-core processor
Memory: 4.00GB
Storage:1TB
GPU:ASUS strix GTX 970
PSU:XFX 650 W Bronze Wired
case: sharkoon t9

​i am keeping with what i have put in this build description which i obviously aint bought yet , i have £76 left what needs adding? im guessing ram? 

yeah as use guys can guess this is my future build which will be put to gatherwithin a few weeks so i need some advise, atm its seems i only need to get better ram which i suspected 

You should just make a thread in the forum build planning subsection.

System: Thinkpad T460

I got 16 GB and with most games I just use around 5-7GB with Firefox in the background

Well, Chrome does east more RAM than FF :P 

I meant it uses RAM as much as possible, until a certain point. This is why 8GB is really optimal for gaming now, because usage stays under 8GB usually.

My build is:

​i am keeping with what i have put in this build description which i obviously aint bought yet , i have £76 left what needs adding? im guessing ram? 

As others (and I, probably) have said, you should go for some more RAM and a better CPU (and change motherboard too).

Maybe you can make a pcpartpicker.com list so it's easier to edit.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well, Chrome does east more RAM than FF :P

I meant it uses RAM as much as possible, until a certain point. This is why 8GB is really optimal for gaming now, because usage stays under 8GB usually.

As others (and I, probably) have said, you should go for some more RAM and a better CPU (and change motherboard too).

Maybe you can make a pcpartpicker.com list so it's easier to edit.

this could all be done at a later date but like i said mate i have £70 left so what is a must buy

okay how about
My build is:
Memory: £70 on a new one what do you sugguest?
how does this sound for atleast until December ?

this could all be done at a later date but like i said mate i have £70 left so what is a must buy

okay how about

My build is:

Memory: £70 on a new one what do you sugguest?

how does this sound for atleast until December ?

It's March. Everything can change by then. Now a must change IMO is the FX CPU for an i5 and more RAM.

But can't say what will happen in 9 months.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It's March. Everything can change by then. Now a must change IMO is the FX CPU for an i5 and more RAM.

But can't say what will happen in 9 months.

this is my build atm:

Cooler:amd heatsink fan 

GPU:ASUS GEFORCE GTX 650

PSU:corsair vs550

optical drive: samsung DVD/cd writer

you have around£380 - £400 what would you upgrade recommend my current build but with that price range added to it

this is my build atm:

Cooler:amd heatsink fan 

GPU:ASUS GEFORCE GTX 650

PSU:corsair vs550

you have around£380 - £400 what would you upgrade recommend my current build but with that price range added to it

You mean 380-400 GBP more ?

I would probably get CPU + mobo combo for ~200 GBP (which will probably be something like an i5 4440 and a h87 motherboard, but not sure if that will work together perfectly).

Something like a R9 280X  or maybe even R9 290 would fit that, as that is around 180 GBP.

With whatever left you can possibly get some more RAM. Prices of course may change and even the stuff that will be recommended. 

You mean 380-400 GBP more ?

I would probably get CPU + mobo combo for ~200 GBP (which will probably be something like an i5 4440 and a h87 motherboard, but not sure if that will work together perfectly).

Something like a R9 280X  or maybe even R9 290 would fit that, as that is around 180 GBP.

With whatever left you can possibly get some more RAM. Prices of course may change and even the stuff that will be recommended. 

cheers for the advise dude, not ignoring what you have said im am considering but how does this is my build atm:

My build is:

Memory: G.Skill 8GB DDR3-1600 RipjawsX, F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM

optical drive: samsung DVD/cd writer

and when i have money i will get  i5 4440

I totally read that as 6300 :|||||||||

Wouldn't it still bottleneck?

Yeah a little bit, but not nearly as bad as a 6300.

This build seems really lopsided. I would suggest re-allocating your budget into balancing the components.

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

r8 8/8 m8.

Seriously, have you already made this build for gaming?

Can't appreciate the DX CPU tbh.. I dont think the Asus 970 is best.

Case is pretty sexy. Get some more RAM by the way.

7/10

why did i know someone was going to type "r8 8/8 m8" xDD

and yes, get more ram :) its cheap, i got my 2x4 gb crucial ballistix sport for 60 euros

why did i know someone was going to type "r8 8/8 m8" xDD

and yes, get more ram :) its cheap, i got my 2x4 gb crucial ballistix sport for 60 euros

It's like the obligatory comment on 'rate my build' posts.